+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Anyone still waiting for fu***** background check to start still?
Me too, but I'm only a June applicant. I'm kinda surprised that they still haven't started background check for a March applicant? Did you order notes recently? If you did, then you should be able to figure out through the notes if your background check (security check and criminality check) has begun. It could be that it has started but CIC just hasn't updated your status since we all know they are all over the place when it updating our statuses on time. I hope it is the latter.

Last edited:

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
So my husband called CIC this morning and learnt some new information.
1) Our relationship eligibility check started on November 2nd
2) My security check and criminality check hasn't started yet

I'm so glad that at least there has been some progress since we last heard from CIC (which was when I passed my medical in September). :)

Last edited:

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Me too, but I'm only a June applicant. I'm kinda taken surprised that they still haven't started background check for a March applicant? Did you order notes recently? If you did, then you should be able to figure out through the notes if your background check (security check and criminality check) has begun. It could be that it has started but CIC just hasn't updated your status since we all know they are all over the place when it updating our statuses on time. I hope it is the latter.
According to my notes it hadn’t. But they were generated like October 5

There was stuff withheld in the “organizations and entities” section of my first set of notes. It was not withheld in my last set of notes. Hopefully it has something to do with security and criminality

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
According to my notes it hadn’t. But they were generated like October 5

There was stuff withheld in the “organizations and entities” section of my first set of notes. It was not withheld in my last set of notes. Hopefully it has something to do with security and criminality
Yah, hopefully.

BlueSkiesHere

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-07-2017
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-02-2018
LANDED..........
25-02-2018
Anyone still waiting for fu***** background check to start still?
I thought mine had when I got an email from CIC this morning.
Almost had a heart attack because we're expecting that next (even though we're July, we thought we'd got lucky)
They just want another PCC from a country they didn't ask for before (I uploaded my PCCS 2 months ago) so was a little disappointed but luckily I'd ordered a PCC from that country anyway, just to be safe.
I'm now siting with a coffee, reminding myself I'm only July - so calm down LOL:rolleyes:

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Do you know what organizations and entities are?
Hmmm Im not sure, but I was thinking may be it's got to do with those questions in the Schedule A form where they ask if you've been a member of any organizations, if you've ever been in the military, if you've ever worked for the government in your country, etc. But thats just my guess.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I thought mine had when I got an email from CIC this morning.
Almost had a heart attack because we're expecting that next (even though we're July, we thought we'd got lucky)
They just want another PCC from a country they didn't ask for before (I uploaded my PCCS 2 months ago) so was a little disappointed but luckily I'd ordered a PCC from that country anyway, just to be safe.
I'm now siting with a coffee, reminding myself I'm only July - so calm down LOL:rolleyes:
LOL. Good thing you had the other PCC ready, otherwise you'd just be losing precious time waiting for it to be processed and sent to you. By the way, CIC doesn't email us when they start the background check. We have to check our GCkey to find out that info, although the status is not always updated on time.

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Hmmm Im not sure, but I was thinking may be it's got to do with those questions in the Schedule A form where they ask if you've been a member of any organizations, if you've ever been in the military, if you've ever worked for the government in your country, etc. But thats just my guess.
So that is probably to do with my background check then

BlueSkiesHere

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-07-2017
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-02-2018
LANDED..........
25-02-2018
LOL. Good thing you had the other PCC ready, otherwise you'd just be losing precious time waiting for it to be processed and sent to you.
I just hope I haven't "gone to the bottom of the pile" because of it. Like I said, I uploaded my PCCs 2 months ago, I hope those 2 months haven't been lost - so to speak.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
I want to sponsor my wife - within canada but an outland application. Where does the on the form we have to write that we have to do outland but within canada?