+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks.
Well , I hv already waited for 5.5 months after test to DM. I don't deserve more wait :(
I know the pain - we also wrote our tests on April 05 and got DM only last week.

Also, I personally know a family (from Mississauga) who did their tests after you and they completed their Oath in May itself. And then there are so many other locations where people who submitted their applications much later and/or wrote test much later have also completed their process.

But its a Lottery, sadly :( I have left it to destiny now. Waiting to see when it will be over.

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
I know the pain - we also wrote our tests on April 05 and got DM only last week.

Also, I personally know a family (from Mississauga) who did their tests after you and they completed their Oath in May itself. And then there are so many other locations where people who submitted their applications much later and/or wrote test much later have also completed their process.

But its a Lottery, sadly :( I have left it to destiny now. Waiting to see when it will be over.
Lets see . wish you good luck as well . You are right as they are working as if its a lottery system. This all has become too stressful. Even if its the last step but it seems like lot of work is still pending.

Reactions: mandhaata

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
The tracker says that i have been scheduled for oath to be takeh on 12th August. I haven't received any email. How many days before does the email arrives?

Reactions: soumya2k2

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
The tracker says that i have been scheduled for oath to be takeh on 12th August. I haven't received any email. How many days before does the email arrives?
Where did you see the date on the tracker and when was your decision made?

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Mississauga Applicant. May 2019 Applicant. Test in March 28th finished Interview May 31st. Second Finger print June 6th DM made on July 6th and oath date came today for 19th October 2021.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Mississauga Applicant. May 2019 Applicant. Test in March 28th finished Interview May 31st. Second Finger print June 6th DM made on July 6th and oath date came today for 19th October 2021.
Almost 3 months to get your Oath , they are really slow

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
3.5 months after DM . They hv converted the days into months.
Did they sent you an email of oath or just updated the date on the tool ?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I'm just wondering but what on earth is the need for a 2nd set of fingerprints? They don't change and I just find it's ridiculous for another request.....Not had a request yet but really hope I don't get one

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I'm just wondering but what on earth is the need for a 2nd set of fingerprints? They don't change and I just find it's ridiculous for another request.....Not had a request yet but really hope I don't get one
True. But they saying they don't keep finger print in file after one year but don't get it why can't they keep in file for exception scenarios like Covid. Some of the processes is meaningless.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
True. But they saying they don't keep finger print in file after one year but don't get it why can't they keep in file for exception scenarios like Covid. Some of the processes is meaningless.
So they just get rid of ALL fingerprints after a year...hhhmmm.... how strange....why not just keep them on file then.....not like they're physically storing them and it takes up too much physical space....never understood workings of cic

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So they just get rid of ALL fingerprints after a year...hhhmmm.... how strange....why not just keep them on file then.....not like they're physically storing them and it takes up too much physical space....never understood workings of cic
Fingerprints are requested because for some applicants, RCMP cannot provide a criminality clearance without fingerprints. Criminality clearance is only valid for 1 year. So, if a decision is NOT made on your application within that time, you will be requested another set of fingerprints to get a fresh criminality clearance from RCMP.

Just FYI -

Criminality Clearance - RCMP - Valid for 1 year
Security Clearance - CSIS - Valid for 4 years
Immigration Clearance - IRCC (and probably CBSA) - Valid for 1 year

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Fingerprints are requested because for some applicants, RCMP cannot provide a criminality clearance without fingerprints. Criminality clearance is only valid for 1 year. So, if a decision is NOT made on your application within that time, you will be requested another set of fingerprints to get a fresh criminality clearance from RCMP.

Just FYI -

Criminality Clearance - RCMP - Valid for 1 year
Security Clearance - CSIS - Valid for 4 years
Immigration Clearance - IRCC (and probably CBSA) - Valid for 1 year
Hi

I'm not questioning their 'initial' reasoning for requesting fingerprints, my question is why get rid of the fingerprints after a year when they don't change and therefore causing more, headache, stress and financial burden on the applicant? It makes zero sense. As for a decision not being made....well I applied in Sept 2019, FP request in Feb 2020, Covid hit, test came through April 21....re-scheduled and took in July 21.....so more than likely it'll be another stressful time for me because they can't be bothered to retain my original set on file for more than 365 days!

Also as for criminality clearance, it'll also more than likely mean a new set of police certificates from the UK for both myself and my wife and more expenditure.....

God bless the CIC

Dal

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi

I'm not questioning their 'initial' reasoning for requesting fingerprints, my question is why get rid of the fingerprints after a year when they don't change and therefore causing more, headache, stress and financial burden on the applicant? It makes zero sense. As for a decision not being made....well I applied in Sept 2019, FP request in Feb 2020, Covid hit, test came through April 21....re-scheduled and took in July 21.....so more than likely it'll be another stressful time for me because they can't be bothered to retain my original set on file for more than 365 days!

Also as for criminality clearance, it'll also more than likely mean a new set of police certificates from the UK for both myself and my wife and more expenditure.....

God bless the CIC

Dal
You will most likely NOT be asked for new PCCs again.

About the fingerprints, AFAIK, RCMP will use those prints only once and once the criminality clearance is issued, the fingerprints are destroyed (probably to prevent misuse?). If a new clearance is to be issued, a new set of fingerprints are needed.