+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Congrats. Exactly one year to oath. Whether we like it or not, the normal time for Mississauga is one year. We will just have to accept that.
Don’t get overly optimistic about it - although his oath will be done exactly one year later, his test was done 6 months after submitting his application, and it is now nearly 10 months for many Mississauga applicants who sent it out in Oct, how many have done their tests so far?

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Don’t get overly optimistic about it - although his oath will be done exactly one year later, his test was done 6 months after submitting his application, and it is now nearly 10 months for many Mississauga applicants who sent it out in Oct, how many have done their tests so far?
There is no particular order to the different checks, so some will have the test started before immigration, prohibitions,,, etc. And others will have a different order. So although we waited 10 months, other checks have been done and possibly the test is the last check.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua1

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Those who have their names in the spreadsheet been updating their status regularly?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
There is no particular order to the different checks, so some will have the test started before immigration, prohibitions,,, etc. And others will have a different order. So although we waited 10 months, other checks have been done and possibly the test is the last check.
Well, according to my ATIP report , the only thing that had been down up till 30 days ago was the criminality check , and I doubt everything else will be all done within the next 3 months before my 1 year anniversary

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Well, according to my ATIP report , the only thing that had been down up till 30 days ago was the criminality check , and I doubt everything else will be all done within the next 3 months before my 1 year anniversary
I think you will celebrate just in time...

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
I got fingerprints request yesterday. Will it delay the processing.The address to submit them is at Scarborough and not Toronto, is it normal and meaning my file is at Scarborough processing office.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I got fingerprints request yesterday. Will it delay the processing.The address to submit them is at Scarborough and not Toronto, is it normal and meaning my file is at Scarborough processing office.
Yes, it is normal. Everyday gone brings you closer to your citizenship. Good luck mate!

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
One person i know moved from FP to oath in a month. For other one it took 3 months for same journey. Good Luck and Congrats

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Jayson or anyone in this forum knows how long does it take to get renewal PR card??

I have submitted renewal PR application last week.
Good morning my friend,
It could upto 3 months; based on 5 PR CARD renewal applicants I had checked with. If you have relevant documentation, then you could ask for urgent processing. You would only require your card if you have to travel.

Why some applicants take longer than other?
Majority of the people live outside of Canada after becoming a resident and only come back to Canada when they have to make up the days to retain their residency; this behaviour creates chaos and others, delays.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
One person i know moved from FP to oath in a month. For other one it took 3 months for same journey. Good Luck and Congrats
Thank you for your input my friend! We are all in this TOGETHER. Everyone will have an opportunity to smile.

Nov 9, 2017
Hi everyone!

For the sake of convenience, I am providing my timeline as under:

Application sent: October 16th 2017
Application received by IRCC: October 20th 2017
AOR date: Dec 1st 2017
In process: December 16 2017

*Waiting for test invite

I called IRCC office today and I have been advised that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office today, for scheduling of test date.
I was advised that I should be receiving test invite pretty soon.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi everyone!

For the sake of convenience, I am providing my timeline as under:

Application sent: October 16th 2017
Application received by IRCC: October 20th 2017
AOR date: Dec 1st 2017
In process: December 16 2017

*Waiting for test invite

I called IRCC office today and I have been advised that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office today, for scheduling of test date.
I was advised that I should be receiving test invite pretty soon.
Thank you for your input. Good luck.