+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing reference letter for spouse's work experience

varun0284

Oct 31, 2016
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I are applying for PR under my sponsorship. As my wife has no Canadian work experience yet and no IELTS score so her profile has not contributed to our points calculation and all the points are from my profile only. However, in her background information we provided her work experience in India - she worked at 4 different companies. We received the invitation and are uploading our documents. But now we are able to get the reference letter only from 2 of the companies that my worked at.

So we are now confused - should we show her experience from the companies that we are unable to get the reference letter from or should we just show as unemployed for that period. If we show her as unemployed for that period then would it be imply that we misrepresented information at the time of submitting our profile for the invitation? I reiterate that my wife's profile did not contribute to our score for the invitation. The other option we are considering is to provide a letter of explanation where we will also attach my wife's appointment and relieving letters for those same companies where we do not have the reference letter.

Please advise the best way forward. Thank you so much !!

Varun

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun0284 said:
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I are applying for PR under my sponsorship. As my wife has no Canadian work experience yet and no IELTS score so her profile has not contributed to our points calculation and all the points are from my profile only. However, in her background information we provided her work experience in India - she worked at 4 different companies. We received the invitation and are uploading our documents. But now we are able to get the reference letter only from 2 of the companies that my worked at.

So we are now confused - should we show her experience from the companies that we are unable to get the reference letter from or should we just show as unemployed for that period. If we show her as unemployed for that period then would it be imply that we misrepresented information at the time of submitting our profile for the invitation? I reiterate that my wife's profile did not contribute to our score for the invitation. The other option we are considering is to provide a letter of explanation where we will also attach my wife's appointment and relieving letters for those same companies where we do not have the reference letter.

Please advise the best way forward. Thank you so much !!

Varun
Hi Varun

Nothing to be confused. You will mention her jobs in her personal history only and you don't have to submit any work experience letter from her employers. Since she is not contributing towards CRS scores of yours, so her letters are irrelevant.

Mention her as employed, and mention the period for which she worked. Mentioning unemployed is misrepresentation and if found out you could be banned for 5 years !..

Good luck!

varun0284

Oct 31, 2016
farazafzal said:
Hi Varun

Nothing to be confused. You will mention her jobs in her personal history only and you don't have to submit any work experience letter from her employers. Since she is not contributing towards CRS scores of yours, so her letters are irrelevant.

Mention her as employed, and mention the period for which she worked. Mentioning unemployed is misrepresentation and if found out you could be banned for 5 years !..

Good luck!
Thanks a lot Faraz !

Will do exactly that then :)

Cheers

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi Varun

Good luck!
Follow up question -

If my past employments give good enough points, do I still show current employment in work history as against personal history? I read somewhere that mentioning current employment in work history is mandatory.