Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello guys, I have a question.

On may 29th 2014 I drove to US to hike for the day. The same day I came back. But I have no stamps in my passport of my entry in Canada on that day. It's the only stamp missing.

I tried to check the I-94 online. It's completely messed up. Super incomplete and does not help at all.

The CBSA report takes at least 30 days to get ready, and my interview is in one week.

So, how screwed am I? this is going to be a problem FOR SURE? Or the officer will judge my general application and this can be overlooked?

I've been living in Canada for 4 years now and I have VERY few exits, and only for maximum 10 days.

If I bring a document from the company I work proving that I work there since 2013 will help? Any ideas? Any insights?

I don't want my process to take 3 years, guys. Anything you guys can say to make me a little more confident? Or do you think there is no way this will pass "for free"?

Thank you very much.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This would seem to be a very minor problem, but no one can tell you whether the officer will question it or not. It wouldn't hurt to take work records, NOAs, and anything else that shows you were living in Canada during the 4-year period to the interview. It's unlikely they'll be requested, but have them with you just in case. If the officer has doubts, he/she will get your entry record from the CBSA, and that should show your return on May 29, 2014.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
alphazip said:
This would seem to be a very minor problem, but no one can tell you whether the officer will question it or not. It wouldn't hurt to take work records, NOAs, and anything else that shows you were living in Canada during the 4-year period to the interview. It's unlikely they'll be requested, but have them with you just in case. If the officer has doubts, he/she will get your entry record from the CBSA, and that should show your return on May 29, 2014.
Hi there,

What is a NOA?

About the CBSA, I'm sure it would be precisely as I declared on my form. But that's exacly what I would like to void, since if they request that, my application will be "non routine" and may take more than 3 years.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Bigudi said:
So, how screwed am I? this is going to be a problem FOR SURE? Or the officer will judge my general application and this can be overlooked?

I've been living in Canada for 4 years now and I have VERY few exits, and only for maximum 10 days.

If I bring a document from the company I work proving that I work there since 2013 will help? Any ideas? Any insights?

I don't want my process to take 3 years, guys. Anything you guys can say to make me a little more confident? Or do you think there is no way this will pass "for free"?
I have many missing stamps and it was never an issue in my case.

Bigudi said:
What is a NOA?
Notice of Assessment.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
MiriamT said:
I have many missing stamps and it was never an issue in my case.

Notice of Assessment.

Hello Miriam,
This IS great news. But if you have many missing stamps, how did the officer did? He just believed in your word?

And, I'm sorry the ignorance, what is Notice of Assessment?

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
I have a lot of missing stamps in my passport.

When I am going to the USA with a car I got a stamp from USA for the VISA Waiver, but if the Waiver is still valid I did not get an other stamp. When I return to Canada I did not show my passport only PR card. So no entry stamp. I had the feeling my officer knew about it and he even did not question this.

I can not see that there will be any issue within the interview. I was not asked for any other documents at the interview.

And just my 2 cents to provide more documents. If I would be the officer and you would offer a letter of employment history to me because of 1 missing stamp — the offer of the employment letter would make me to ensure I look deeper.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Bigudi said:
Hello Miriam,
This IS great news. But if you have many missing stamps, how did the officer did? He just believed in your word?
Yes. He asked a few questions about how often I travel to the US (including day trips) and how often I travel to my country of birth. That's it. He also apologized for asking about day trips - which I thought was kinda funny - after I informed him that I had listed all my day trips in the residence calculator.

Bigudi said:
And, I'm sorry the ignorance, what is Notice of Assessment?
It's the document that Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) sends every year if you've filled for taxes that year.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had 3 missing stamps. Before I applied, I called call centre and the agent said that is very normal and nothing I should worry about. I took my flight tickets with me though. but my officer had the border report already and didn't look at my tickets. Anyhow, nothing to worry about. if you have your tickets even if it is in your email, print it and take it with you. I know some people even showed the ticket using their phone!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
shaazdeh said:
I had 3 missing stamps. Before I applied, I called call centre and the agent said that is very normal and nothing I should worry about. I took my flight tickets with me though. but my officer had the border report already and didn't look at my tickets. Anyhow, nothing to worry about. if you have your tickets even if it is in your email, print it and take it with you. I know some people even showed the ticket using their phone!
Hello, Shaazdeh.

As I said, I dove to USA to hike for the day. So... no air tickets.

But it is really nice to know that CIC call center told you that this is normal. And even nicer to know the officer had already the CBSA report with him. I did check the little box in the application giving them the authorization to grab this report.

Thanks a lot.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello MiriamT

MiriamT said:
Yes. He asked a few questions about how often I travel to the US (including day trips) and how often I travel to my country of birth. That's it. He also apologized for asking about day trips - which I thought was kinda funny - after I informed him that I had listed all my day trips in the residence calculator.
You have no idea how comforting is to know that. As i said, my travel history is super simple and short. It was just that one road day trip to USA that they didn't stamp my entry into Canada. But if the officer is willing to listen to me and believe in me, I think I should be fine. Thank you very much.

MiriamT said:
It's the document that Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) sends every year if you've filled for taxes that year.
Oh, yes. I have those!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello susann

susann said:
I have a lot of missing stamps in my passport.

When I am going to the USA with a car I got a stamp from USA for the VISA Waiver, but if the Waiver is still valid I did not get an other stamp. When I return to Canada I did not show my passport only PR card. So no entry stamp. I had the feeling my officer knew about it and he even did not question this.
What is this "waiver" you are talking about? Is it that little piece of paper that they staple to your passport with a few months to expire? I still have that stapled in my passport. In the paper it says I should have surrendered it upon leaving US, but the officer on the border told me to keep it in case I wanted to go back to US in that period of time. I intended to, but I never did. The paper is still there because I do not dare to touch an official US document without the direct instructions of a Canadian or US officer. So it is still there even if it expired in November 2014. Do you think this should be an issue?

susann said:
I can not see that there will be any issue within the interview. I was not asked for any other documents at the interview.
That's a relief, thank you. I hope everything goes smoothly.

susann said:
And just my 2 cents to provide more documents. If I would be the officer and you would offer a letter of employment history to me because of 1 missing stamp — the offer of the employment letter would make me to ensure I look deeper.
I agree. I think i will just bring these extra documents with me and present them only upon request. You know... there is no such a thing as "too much ammunition".

Thanks a gain!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Hello susann

What is this "waiver" you are talking about? Is it that little piece of paper that they staple to your passport with a few months to expire? I still have that stapled in my passport. In the paper it says I should have surrendered it upon leaving US, but the officer on the border told me to keep it in case I wanted to go back to US in that period of time. I intended to, but I never did. The paper is still there because I do not dare to touch an official US document without the direct instructions of a Canadian or US officer. So it is still there even if it expired in November 2014. Do you think this should be an issue?

I agree. I think i will just bring these extra documents with me and present them only upon request. You know... there is no such a thing as "too much ammunition".

Thanks a gain!
If you are a Visa Waiver national for US entry then at a land border crossing you pay your 6 bucks and get a green I-94W Arrival/ Departure record. You are supposed to give the I-94W departure section to CBSA when entering Canada. They then pass it to CBP. If you don't give it to CBSA usually because you want to return to the US within the 1-94W validity you hang on to it. Since its expired and you never gave it to CBSA then according to CBP you could still be (illegally) in the US. If this is the case then your next trip to the US may be unpleasant and you will have hassle at the border and/or issues applying for ESTA.

Type "did not hand in I-94W upon departure" into any search engine it will tell you what you have to do. Last I recall you have to send the I-94W and docs proving your timely departure to a data records company in Ohio. You can also check on your I-94W status on the CBP website to 'confirm' what status the US sees your I-94W.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Bigudi said:
Hello susann

Thanks a gain!

Yes, I talked about the Visa Waiver. Which is the green or white paper they staple in your passport. Not returning is a big issue.

What I would suggest is try to see if your airport has a NEXUS office. The Canadian and USA are charing the duty here at my airport. So you could check when some USA border officer are on duty. Go and talk to them what you should do. Or sometimes the USA border has an office at the airport as well.
If this does not work, call USA border and ask them what you should do.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Dam! This is not good.

So... I WILL have problems in my interview, right? Should I keep the document stapled on my passport? Or bring it separately?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Msafiri said:
If you are a Visa Waiver national for US entry then at a land border crossing you pay your 6 bucks and get a green I-94W Arrival/ Departure record. You are supposed to give the I-94W departure section to CBSA when entering Canada. They then pass it to CBP. If you don't give it to CBSA usually because you want to return to the US within the 1-94W validity you hang on to it. Since its expired and you never gave it to CBSA then according to CBP you could still be (illegally) in the US. If this is the case then your next trip to the US may be unpleasant and you will have hassle at the border and/or issues applying for ESTA.

Type "did not hand in I-94W upon departure" into any search engine it will tell you what you have to do. Last I recall you have to send the I-94W and docs proving your timely departure to a data records company in Ohio. You can also check on your I-94W status on the CBP website to 'confirm' what status the US sees your I-94W.
I frequently forgot to return my I-94, the last one was from an entry in June 1st, 2014 and returned it when I entered the US again on June 21st, 2015. Prior to that I had the same thing occurring in other years. It was never an issue to me, not for re-entering the US, and much less in my Canadian citizenship application.

Bigudi said:
Dam! This is not good.

So... I WILL have problems in my interview, right?
Not necessarily.