+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing / Lost in the mail - Oath Letter

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am scheduled to take my oath but I havent receive the oath letter in the mail yet. Its been a week already that Ive been waiting so I called CIC call centre and they said that they will not re-mail the letter but confirmed the date and time of the oath and told me to bring 2 pcs. of ID's for the ceremony. What else should I bring?

Has anybody been in the same situation where they didnt have a letter to show? Will this cause any problem during registration?

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer to this thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/request-for-oath-letter-info-t382729.0.html;msg4786701#msg4786701

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayonnaise said:
I am scheduled to take my oath but I havent receive the oath letter in the mail yet. Its been a week already that Ive been waiting so I called CIC call centre and they said that they will not re-mail the letter but confirmed the date and time of the oath and told me to bring 2 pcs. of ID's for the ceremony. What else should I bring?

Has anybody been in the same situation where they didnt have a letter to show? Will this cause any problem during registration?
Don't worry call cic call center and confirm if they have scheduled Oath as it reflects in ecas. If they have and you don't get your Oath within the day of your Oath then take a print out of your online ecas status, test invite or any proof of case number

Your PR card, 2 other form IDs (passport, drivers license) and your landing document.

They wont ask anything else. Please go a little early and inform at the reception that you have your Oath scheduled but did not get the invite letter. Meanhwile please check your email spam folder as well. They may have sent it through email too.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
I missed my oath scheduled for 24 November as I only received the oath invite on 1 December, a week after the scheduled oath date. My ECAS was not updated with the oath date either.

As suggested in the letter, I contacted the CIC Call Centre who advised me that I need to write to CIC explaining why I missed the oath taking. I have sent the letter and now waiting to hear from them.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Mayonnaise when did you had your oath date how did it went can you share with us , did they ask you about the letter who did they took it
thank you