+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing CIC letter when mailing passport. Please help.

Swooshao

Jun 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I got an email from my VO for PPR on September 19, 2013. I mailed the passport on September 21, 2013. However, when I was going through the letter today, I just realized I didn't send the email along with the passport and waybill. I don't know how I missed it (maybe because I was too excited), but I did have a cover letter including my UCI and file number so they should have no problem locate my file.

My question is should I mail this email separately and explain or I just leave it.

The email I got was like this:

Dear XXXXX XXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents and RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS:

> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 11/01/2013

> A self-addressed courier waybill. Follow the instructions provided here:

(not allowed to post link)

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Please submit all documents to our office by mail. Please note that no submissions/pick-ups by authorized representative or additional document submissions will be accepted in person at the Immigration Section at the Embassy without prior authorization.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter.Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure your complete application number, name and address in characters is included with your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Embassy at the address indicated below. We will not respond to correspondence received without translation.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Thank you very much.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Swooshao said:
Hi guys,

I got an email from my VO for PPR on September 19, 2013. I mailed the passport on September 21, 2013. However, when I was going through the letter today, I just realized I didn't send the email along with the passport and waybill. I don't know how I missed it (maybe because I was too excited), but I did have a cover letter including my UCI and file number so they should have no problem locate my file.

My question is should I mail this email separately and explain or I just leave it.

The email I got was like this:

Dear XXXXX XXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents and RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS:

> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 11/01/2013

> A self-addressed courier waybill. Follow the instructions provided here:

(not allowed to post link)

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Please submit all documents to our office by mail. Please note that no submissions/pick-ups by authorized representative or additional document submissions will be accepted in person at the Immigration Section at the Embassy without prior authorization.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter.Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure your complete application number, name and address in characters is included with your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Embassy at the address indicated below. We will not respond to correspondence received without translation.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Thank you very much.
Hello Swooshao and probably the excitement of the moment is what did it :D so congratulations on getting your PPR and for surviving this process. In my humble opinion I would not leave this up to CIC. I know this is their process although I am not sure why an e-mail they send us is critical to be returned when they have a soft copy; however I no longer question their "logic". On my husband's PPR he also had to hand-write in his name, eye colour and height.

So if you do not need to write anything on the letter, I would suggest you scan it, attach it to the cover letter and send it all electronically via a case specific enquiry e-mail (CSE) with the explanation to your VO. If you do have to write anything on the letter, then I suggest you send that as an original along with a copy of the previous cover letter and an updated explanation. Always send originals by courier so you can track them and see the signature received from their end. My 2 cents. Blessings.

Swooshao

Jun 16, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
Hello Swooshao and probably the excitement of the moment is what did it :D so congratulations on getting your PPR and for surviving this process. In my humble opinion I would not leave this up to CIC. I know this is their process although I am not sure why an e-mail they send us is critical to be returned when they have a soft copy; however I no longer question their "logic". On my husband's PPR he also had to hand-write in his name, eye colour and height.

So if you do not need to write anything on the letter, I would suggest you scan it, attach it to the cover letter and send it all electronically via a case specific enquiry e-mail (CSE) with the explanation to your VO. If you do have to write anything on the letter, then I suggest you send that as an original along with a copy of the previous cover letter and an updated explanation. Always send originals by courier so you can track them and see the signature received from their end. My 2 cents. Blessings.
Hi CdnandTrini,

Thank you for your reply.

The only reason I see they require this is that the email has a barcode on so that they can scan for UCI and file number instead of typing in the system. They didn't require any handwriting so I'll probably send it via CSE.

Thank you again for your help!

Have a good night!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Swooshao said:
Hi CdnandTrini,

Thank you for your reply.

The only reason I see they require this is that the email has a barcode on so that they can scan for UCI and file number instead of typing in the system. They didn't require any handwriting so I'll probably send it via CSE.

Thank you again for your help!

Have a good night!
Ahhhhh.....you know before I replied to you I checked my husband's letter for that exact reason, to see if there was a barcode on it!! There was not on his....but on yours you have one. Go figure :D....different VOs, different ways. You have a good night as well. Blessings for your new Canadian adventure.