+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed two checkboxs in my appliction

otown87

Oct 24, 2014
Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I just realized that I missed 2 checkboxes in my application.

1.B "I have special needs for accomodation?" -> I do not but I didn't check any box.
9.C "Do you reside in Quebec?" -> I do not but I didn't check any box. I live in Ontario and have that address in the application. My address should indicate that I do not live in Quebec even if I missed the checkbox.

I am kicking myself for missing out something as trivial as this. I am worried they might return my application. Anyone have experience with this?
IF they decide to return it, How long does it take(on average) for the application to be returned? Or if they accept the application, then whats the average time to receive the acknowledgement?

Application delivery confirmation by Canada post: Sept 30th, 2014

Thanks

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
otown87 said:
Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I just realized that I missed 2 checkboxes in my application.

1.B "I have special needs for accomodation?" -> I do not but I didn't check any box.
9.C "Do you reside in Quebec?" -> I do not but I didn't check any box. I live in Ontario and have that address in the application. My address should indicate that I do not live in Quebec even if I missed the checkbox.

I am kicking myself for missing out something as trivial as this. I am worried they might return my application. Anyone have experience with this?
IF they decide to return it, How long does it take(on average) for the application to be returned? Or if they accept the application, then whats the average time to receive the acknowledgement?

Application delivery confirmation by Canada post: Oct 30th, 2014

Thanks
Normally within month. My wife didn't sign one of the form and her application was return exactly after 1 month.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
otown87 said:
Hello All,

Thanks

I don't think they going to return the application just for this.

1) 30-60 days average
2) 2 - 3 months as of now.

otown87

Oct 24, 2014
Donvalley said:
I don't think they going to return the application just for this.

1) 30-60 days average
2) 2 - 3 months as of now.
Thank you poushi24 and donvalley for your prompt replies.

donvalley - I really hope so too that they don't return it.

so 30-60 days IF returned and 2-3 months for the AOR?

ps: I checked out your google sheet. I will update my information on it as soon as I have something from them.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
otown87 said:

Thanks
What do you mean. Was it delivered or not yet? Today is only Oct 24th

otown87

Oct 24, 2014
Goldline said:
What do you mean. Was it delivered or not yet? Today is only Oct 24th
Oh my bad!! That was a typo. It was delivered to the sydney office by canada post on Sept 30th. I fixed it in my original post.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
otown87 said:
Thank you poushi24 and donvalley for your prompt replies.

donvalley - I really hope so too that they don't return it.

so 30-60 days IF returned and 2-3 months for the AOR?

ps: I checked out your google sheet. I will update my information on it as soon as I have something from them.
You're welcome.
The Google spreadsheet is not mine. Some gentleman created it here and that is where all 2014 applicants are updating themselves. Anyway its a good GPS on this journey, so I just put it on my dash board! Feel free to use it.

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
otown87 said:
Hello All,

Application delivery confirmation by Canada post: Sept 30th, 2014

Thanks
I find it amusing coz i exactly did the same mistake, IKR? I mislooked these two questions and I don't know how I made that stupid mistake. My application was received on June 13 but luckily it wasn't returned so far. I received my AOR through email and awaiting further update. Hopefully yours don't get returned either. Good luck!

otown87

Oct 24, 2014
zwt10 said:
I find it amusing coz i exactly did the same mistake, IKR? I mislooked these two questions and I don't know how I made that stupid mistake. My application was received on June 13 but luckily it wasn't returned so far. I received my AOR through email and awaiting further update. Hopefully yours don't get returned either. Good luck!
NO WAY!! ... These questions are so "easy to ignore/miss" (for lack of a better term).
Yeah, donvalley also said that they should not return it just because of that. But now having known that you have been in the same exact scenario and got your AOR, it puts my mind at more ease.
I will keep my fingers crossed and wait for my AOR.

Thanks