+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed my Canadian Knowledge Test. What Happens Next?

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So for some reason the immigration office decided to place my test on the 27th Of December. I had an international trip planned for a good 6 months before this, and was only issued the email to sit the test a few weeks before the actual test.

I submitted the form BEFORE the test date that explains why I was unable to attend, along with a copy of my trip itinerary as evidence and posted it registered to the specific office (Mississauga). I also filled out the online web form with the same information and submitted that as a fail safe.

It is now coming to the end of Feb, and there has been no communication with them whatsoever. I called the general questions line and they said I have done everything I should have. I'm just wondering if it typically takes such a long time to get another date to sit the test? I am so close to finally getting through the whole process, so you can understand my frustration. Any thoughts or info on this would be greatly appreciated.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So for some reason the immigration office decided to place my test on the 27th Of December. I had an international trip planned for a good 6 months before this, and was only issued the email to sit the test a few weeks before the actual test.

I submitted the form BEFORE the test date that explains why I was unable to attend, along with a copy of my trip itinerary as evidence and posted it registered to the specific office (Mississauga). I also filled out the online web form with the same information and submitted that as a fail safe.

It is now coming to the end of Feb, and there has been no communication with them whatsoever. I called the general questions line and they said I have done everything I should have. I'm just wondering if it typically takes such a long time to get another date to sit the test? I am so close to finally getting through the whole process, so you can understand my frustration. Any thoughts or info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, it can take a while to get a new date. You will need to be patient.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it can take a while to get a new date. You will need to be patient.
I figured it might take a while as nothing ever moves too quickly with this process. I guess I was just wondering if anyone had more specific info on a time frame via their own experiences in this particular situation. I am hesitant to book any trips or leave my house for more than a weekend until I know when the next test will be, so I feel a bit trapped at the moment. I'd hate to miss a second test date. Thanks for the info though. Appreciated.