+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed citizenship exam date

rural

Apr 1, 2015
Hello,

I missed my citizenship exam date as I did not get the notice on time. I received the notice on the day in the evening. I called then the next day and sent them a letter telling the reason for missing the appointment. Our community letter box is not operational as it was vandalized in recent past. It has been 10 days and I'm still awaiting any response. I'm from Surrey, Bc. Anyone has any experience or comment. Should I send them another letter or provide proof that letter box were not operational? Thanks

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
rural said:
Hello,

I missed my citizenship exam date as I did not get the notice on time. I received the notice on the day in the evening. I called then the next day and sent them a letter telling the reason for missing the appointment. Our community letter box is not operational as it was vandalized in recent past. It has been 10 days and I'm still awaiting any response. I'm from Surrey, Bc. Anyone has any experience or comment. Should I send them another letter or provide proof that letter box were not operational? Thanks
Did you ever check E-CAS to see if that test letter noted? with your mailing system seems you need to be monitoring ECAS regularly or calling CIC regularly. No, you do not need to re-send them any letter, what you need to do is to call them and find out if they received the letter. A re-schedule date that is missed by client could take weeks into months depending on your local office. If you had taken the test and fail then a re-schedule test would have been given almost same time.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rural said:
Hello,

Here is the helpful link that will answer all your questions:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=910&t=5

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not panic. They'll reschedule your test probably in about two weeks or more. If you are worried just call CIC and let them know.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rural said:
Hello,

Hi rural,

Sorry to hear that, it's good news associated with bad news!
I think you need to call, when did you apply? was your test scheduled in Surrey office or Vancouver office?

Thanks