+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresention

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hi y’all, so while applying pgwp everything is the application was correct but while applying the trv after (passport stamping) i recently found out yhat there were couple of mistakes in my imm form.
1. The college start date was weong my 3 months. It was written as 09-2019 to 11-2020 which actually is 01-2020 to 08-2020
2. employment start date wrong my a month
Now that i am gonna file an application for Pr with correct details , is there anything i can do or iil be handed a ban?
Is it materialistic m

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Just enter the correct ones in the PR application. If they want any clarification, they will ask you. Mistakes happen, hopefully if that was the case with the info you entered in your TRV.

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
It was a stupid mistake made by my representative. It’s soo wack that The carelessness can cause me my future now. I have read about misrepresentation and they say that would only be the case if it can induce an error in their decision. The trv decision after pgwp wouldn’t be impacted at all with these no?

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
It was a stupid mistake made by my representative. It’s soo wack that The carelessness can cause me my future now. I have read about misrepresentation and they say that would only be the case if it can induce an error in their decision. The trv decision after pgwp wouldn’t be impacted at all with these no?
I dont think it would. It sounds like small mistakes that were not present in the PGWP application.
I believe misrepresentation is when you omitted a previous visa refusal or omitted work experience in previous applications but then want to use it in PR application, that kind of thing.

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
I dont think it would. It sounds like small mistakes that were not present in the PGWP application.
I believe misrepresentation is when you omitted a previous visa refusal or omitted work experience in previous applications but then want to use it in PR application, that kind of thing.
The way i just came across ur thread about the same issue and was about to ask you and here u are….

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Misrepresentation is misrepresentation. You'll be assessed and it is upto the case processing officer to decide. No one here can tell. I can only say that there are a large number of people who are in your shoes and don't face any issues. Take caution, prepare your case and don't assume that you'll get away with it. Preparing for the worst case can help you best explain your situation if it reaches that stage.

Reactions: Taran D