+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation

thurailight

Feb 19, 2008
I have noticed that a lot of applicants have had trouble with 'misrepresentation' during visa applications. My concern is similar. My spouse's application for permanent application was refused due to 'misrepresentation' in 2005. She has never had any criminal conviction for any matter. This followed a period of inadmisability to Canada of 2 years. This period has expired. Now I am applying for work permit and would like my spouse to accompany me. Could this matter of misrepresentation earlier further affect my new application?
I believe that the time of 'punishment' has been completed, the sentenced served, and thus, there should be no further discussion of the matter at this stage. It should not affect the new application.
What are your thought?
Thurai

shamtl

May 1, 2008
I was failed in sponsoring my spouse with misrepresentation fault as well. I didn't know that there's any 'punishment' time??? for 2 years? Could you please advise if there is any document/official site stating so?? Does it mean that I can file another application (like you're gonna do) after 2 years?

ps. btw, my misrepresentation was I didn't declare my spouse when landed. I'm not sure it makes any difference if yours' not the same

R

Ronii

Explain wat exactly happened when you applied for your spouse...Did you get a letter from Immig ? What was the detail mentioned there.......

dhruvray

Apr 2, 2024
I was failed in sponsoring my spouse with misrepresentation fault as well. I didn't know that there's any 'punishment' time??? for 2 years? Could you please advise if there is any document/official site stating so?? Does it mean that I can file another application (like you're gonna do) after 2 years?

ps. btw, my misrepresentation was I didn't declare my spouse when landed. I'm not sure it makes any difference if yours' not the same
Have similar issue. What did you do after that. My wife is having sucidal thoughts. I really need hell if you can pleaseeee!!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Have similar issue. What did you do after that. My wife is having sucidal thoughts. I really need hell if you can pleaseeee!!!!
Not generally effective to respond to messages from 16 years ago with questions. Especially if the person also hasn't been on the board since 2008.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not generally effective to respond to messages from 16 years ago with questions. Especially if the person also hasn't been on the board since 2008.
Although, I will give them bonus point for potentially dragging up one of the oldest dead posts I've seen.