+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation of previous TRV applications

Dy0un

Jan 8, 2024
Hi,
I have applied 3 different Study and Work permit include study permit/ study permit extension / Post graduate work permit.
I have recently applied PGWP and it was approved. I also applied for Study Permit extension and it was approved in 2021.
However, looking back my documents I have submitted to IRCC, I noticed that I did mention that I had changed my name in 2019 study permit application. When I applied for Study Permit, I answered "yes" to the name change(where they ask if I ever have used another name) but I did not answered yes for both PGWP and Study Permit extension but still approved(potential misrepresentation). I want to know if I should take further action to notify them my last two application had mistakes.
- Does this make me misrepresenting my information? and will IRCC potentially withdraw my PGWP away?
- When I apply Permenant Residence, I am going to say "Yes" that I have used another name. Will it interfere with my pr application due to previous application I answered "No" for name change?

Last edited:

vraj@1411

Jan 14, 2024
Hey,
I had same issue but I by mistake forget to say "yes" to the previous refusal I got from USA in 2015. But my study permit and coop permit got approved last year. So same Question I have. So if you found out the way can you help me?