+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation... How bad?

Nikamma

Sep 25, 2009
One of my good friend was sponsored in family class by his sister as a dependent , even though he was over 22 year old, he was continuously in college until the day he immigrated,
1- Few months ago he was offered a job and he applied, the job requirement was at least one year experience, he misrepresented and mentioned a fake company back home where he worked for one year, with a job letter.
2- He was once arrested in his country 6 years ago for robbing for cellphone at gun point, didn't receive jail term. Never mentioned it to anyone in his family. It didn't show up on police verification certificate because of someone being lazy.
      Since he realized that somehow out of blue it can trail to the cic or any agency that handles complains, he can get into real trouble. Although chances are slim, but who knows. Its been months now, he is hired by the company and he is working there. Now he suffering from anxiety, sleeplessness because he thinks this misrepresentation can surface any time and he would be deported.

Now question is how bad it is if he gets reported to CIC, will he get immediate removal order until his case get into court?
-Can he say, that experience letter is fake, he lied to get the job, and would he has to prove it that it is fake?

He was expecting that robbery to show up in his police certificate, but it didn't, and he kept quiet and lied about it in application.

He is aware of the C&H clause, will that help? as his parents and siblings are in Canada.

Will this matter affect his parents and siblings status too?

I know these questions are to early to ask, but answers would probably give him peace of mind... or not.

Thanks

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Show me your friend and I will tell you the kind of person you are.
I even doubt it was your friend. I have a feeling it is YOU!
Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner, that day, there won't be a hiding place for you. Guaranteed.

Nikamma

Sep 25, 2009
Well thanks Chanda, but it doesn't answer my question. Anyone else? who has a bit of decency?

I

ImmOfficer

If reported he will be investigated. If the allegations are truthful, then he will be reported by an Officer.

He will go through a few hearings, and if he is found to be described in the misrep section, his status will be clawed back, and eventually he will be removed from Canada.

I know this wont give YOU peace of mind, but it is the truth. Whoever did this (you or your friend) disrespected this country, the flag, and our system. People who do that do not deserve to be here.