+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mismatch in Passport name and other documents

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hi All,
i will be sitting to give my IELTS soon and am worried as in my passport my name is - "Name fathername Surname", in my academic transcripts my name is "Name Surname".

Some of my other documents too might have fathers name and some do not have, will it lead to any problem later, if i get ITA and have to submit documents.
I can get my job reference letter in whatever name i wish..., should i try and submit my application for EE as per my exact name in passport ?

Reactions: Amrita1988

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All,
i will be sitting to give my IELTS soon and am worried as in my passport my name is - "Name fathername Surname", in my academic transcripts my name is "Name Surname".

Some of my other documents too might have fathers name and some do not have, will it lead to any problem later, if i get ITA and have to submit documents.
I can get my job reference letter in whatever name i wish..., should i try and submit my application for EE as per my exact name in passport ?
You can use a "Same Name Affidavit" and this will resolve this issue.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Hi All,

Your first and last names are same on all documents, so there shouldn't be an issue. Just include this information in your letter of explanation that some of your documents have an extra middle name. For your application, use names as written on your passport. Same name affidavit is a good thing but not necessary.

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
thank you for the feedback, both members.

I checked and found that most of my documents have name- FirstName Surname.

But in passport it is- FirstName Father'sName Bhai Surname. Bhai is brother is Hindi language.

and at my current job, for which i will be claiming points..name in appointment letter is Firstname Father's name Surname.

I think i can get a job reference letter in the name format i want.
But, should i send an affidavit saying all these 3 people are one and same person to WES for ECA along with my transcript.
and when i create my EE profile...does my name need to match my passport name exactly ?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
As I said earlier, for EE, use the name exactly as mentioned on your passport. For rest of the documents, you don't have to worry.
While submitting your e-APR, include a sentence or two in your LoE that your names have this slight variation (additional middle name) in certain documents. It's not a big deal.

Good luck!

Amrita1988

Jul 3, 2019
Hi All,

Hello
I am in similar situations, any update on what happened with your application? Could you kindly give some insight please .

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hello
I am in similar situations, any update on what happened with your application? Could you kindly give some insight please .
I got my passport changed to - "Name Surname". Now It matches all education documents. created new EE profile with name as per passport.
Have to retake IELTS soon.