+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mismatch addresses in personal history and address history

Dec 27, 2023
I just received ITA in Dec under STEM draw. The cutoff score was 481. I have 482 points with my partner in my profile. We live and work in the US. I work in Washington and he works in California.

However, the problem is my partner's official work location is in California. We live together in Washington. My partner's manager is OK with my partner working mostly remotely even though it's against company's policy. And the company refused to change/add the work location for my partner. By US law, he cannot officially move to anther state, because of H1B visa restrictions. He reported his address in California when he applied H1B visa. Canada can see his US visa records and do share immigration info with US. We don't know if they will pay attention to the addresses.

Question:

Does it matter if my partner's current work location in personal history is California while his current address is Washington? We have both leases for apartments in Washington and California. Do we need a letter of explanation? What information should be included?

Should I drop him and apply as single? My score will be 481, which equals to the cutoff score.

Really appreciate any comment. It would be great if anyone had the similar situation or can point us to a consultant/lawyer.