+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misinterpretation

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
I gave an itinerary to the officer for one of my trip but I just realized the one I gave was actually my sister's. I'm worried if it's considered fraud and they will refuse my application :(:(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yasoni said:
I gave an itinerary to the officer for one of my trip but I just realized the one I gave was actually my sister's. I'm worried if it's considered fraud and they will refuse my application :(:(
Why did you submit the itinerary? Could you please elaborate?

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Originally I thought the stamp on my passport for one of my trip was wrong as I had my itinerary with a different date. I didn't notice it was my sister's as we traveled back home but on different date. So I gave the officer the itinerary to prove that my date on the residency calculator was correct. After I went home from the interview, I realized it made a mistake.
I don't know if I can go back to the office to let them know about the mistake.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasoni said:
Originally I thought the stamp on my passport for one of my trip was wrong as I had my itinerary with a different date. I didn't notice it was my sister's as we traveled back home but on different date. So I gave the officer the itinerary to prove that my date on the residency calculator was correct. After I went home from the interview, I realized it made a mistake.
I don't know if I can go back to the office to let them know about the mistake.
Yes go back, take your UCI number with you. They might ask you to mail it instead.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
I went back to the office but they didn't allow me to meet with the officer. I wrote them a letter explaining the situation. Hopefully I will not be charged for misrepresentation :(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Officers are trained to detect innocent mistakes from deliberate attempts to conceal information. If you have informed them of the error and made correction(s) you should be fine. Hope you mailed the letter or sent it to their email - hand delivery may not be reliable since there is no paper trail. Goodluck and let us know how it goes.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Thanks for your comment. The security lady there helped me to deliver the letter so I think it should be ok. I don't know when the decision will be made. Will update as soon as I have any news.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Re: Misrepresentation

My eCas just changed to Decision Made. Not sure what the decision will be. ::)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

yasoni said:
No guarantees, but this appears to be good news and you should be soon scheduled to take the oath.

Perhaps a bit premature to offer congratulations but, well, how about a tentative offer of congratulations?

As always, now is the time to watch your mail for further communication from CIC.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yasoni said:

I think they will not decision made so soon unless it is a positive one. If it is negative decision then you will be asked meet the CJ before rejecting your application. So sit tight and relax.

Congrats! and All the best

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Finally I received letter for Oath today. Thanks everyone and good luck to anyone waiting for test and oath! :)