+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misinformation in CAQ, What to do?

Md Umaruddin

May 18, 2021
I have applied for my CAQ and have already completed the payment and my file is open. I have noticed that the family name is included and I have messed up in writing my name in the form. Is there anyway I can change the information and update after I have submitted the form? Please do help

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Have you already uploaded all your documents in ARIMMA? If not, then you can provide the correct names when you complete the application on ARRIMA.

If yes, You'll have to wait till someone processes your application, then send you an email asking you to correct whatever was wrong. If ithe name issue isn't a big issue, I'll advise that you let it be. Updating CAQ information or providing additional documents is a pain in the backside. Any required changes post-ARRIMA submission will set your processing time back by a good few weeks.

You can try to call the Call Center in Quebec and explain the situation to them (only way to contact them). However, they will not accept any additional document via email.

Reactions: Md Umaruddin

Md Umaruddin

May 18, 2021
Have you already uploaded all your documents in ARIMMA? If not, then you can provide the correct names when you complete the application on ARRIMA.

If yes, You'll have to wait till someone processes your application, then send you an email asking you to correct whatever was wrong. If ithe name issue isn't a big issue, I'll advise that you let it be. Updating CAQ information or providing additional documents is a pain in the backside. Any required changes post-ARRIMA submission will set your processing time back by a good few weeks.

You can try to call the Call Center in Quebec and explain the situation to them (only way to contact them). However, they will not accept any additional document via email.
I have created the arrima profile but I haven't submitted the documents yet. I guess name would be a issue because it comes as Mohammed, Md Umar whereas in my documents it is Md Umaruddin in all my documents. Can you please tell me where to update the name in arrima because this is becoming a headache for me and thank you very much for the help also.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
When I applied for CAQ, I made a mistake in the Passport number and DOB of my husband when completing the form for one of my children on Quebec's immigration website "(not ARRIMA). When I uploaded the documents to ARRIMA, I also uploaded a LOE explaining my error and I included the correct information in the letter. I uploaded the LOE as the document type "Other types of documents". I didn't have any further issues and they never asked me to complete the wrong form again.

I suggest you do the same.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Also to add: you can update your name and other personal information under "My Profile" in ARRIMA. I think that will be propagated on your other forms as well.

Md Umaruddin

May 18, 2021
Also to add: you can update your name and other personal information under "My Profile" in ARRIMA. I think that will be propagated on your other forms as well.
I think I have a new problem, I changed my username just now and all the options to add files and to submit the files. I just noticed this happens if I change my name in the arrima profile. Anymore suggestions?

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I had one question about this, that I will change my Last name in the profile but in the declaration form I will still have the previous name does that have any effect?
As long as you upload the LOE correcting the error in the Declaration Form, you should be fine.

Sylviabrown

May 2, 2023
Hello,
I have applied for my CAQ and made payments but I didn’t include all 3 names as it is on my passport (Nwokenkwo Sylvia Nnenna) I only used 2 names (Nwokenkwo Sylvia) But i haven't created a profile and uploaded any documents on the arrima portal.
How can i correspond the name in my online application with my passport. Will it have any effect in the decision making?

Israeled

Apr 17, 2024
Hello,
I have applied for my CAQ and made payments but I didn’t include all 3 names as it is on my passport (Nwokenkwo Sylvia Nnenna) I only used 2 names (Nwokenkwo Sylvia) But i haven't created a profile and uploaded any documents on the arrima portal.
How can i correspond the name in my online application with my passport. Will it have any effect in the decision making?
Were you able to resolve this please?