+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor study permit

Neha _a

Jun 5, 2017
I have secured admission for an M.Ed at SFU and applied for my study permit. After going through websites, contacting schools and all, I applied for my children's (age 5 and 10) study permits along as well. However, my visa application got rejected. Though they gave other reasons, I think it is largely because I had applied for my children's visas as well. They could see it is a PR case. Should I reapply( just me), considering the fact they have all the information now? and is it imperative for minors to get a study permit before entering Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have secured admission for an M.Ed at SFU and applied for my study permit. After going through websites, contacting schools and all, I applied for my children's (age 5 and 10) study permits along as well. However, my visa application got rejected. Though they gave other reasons, I think it is largely because I had applied for my children's visas as well. They could see it is a PR case. Should I reapply( just me), considering the fact they have all the information now? and is it imperative for minors to get a study permit before entering Canada?
Tens of thousands of international students bring their spouses and children to Canada with them every year, so that wouldn't be the reason for refusal.

What actual refusal reasons were given?

Reactions: Moana30

Neha _a

Jun 5, 2017
Tens of thousands of international students bring their spouses and children to Canada with them every year, so that wouldn't be the reason for refusal.

What actual refusal reasons were given?
The reason ticked in the refusal letter is was under the OTHER category with comment mentioned below:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your
future prospects and plans.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So nothing to do with applying for your children at same time. You will need to share your profile here such as current qualifications and work experience as a minimum plus IELTs results if you have taken that.

Neha _a

Jun 5, 2017
After completing undergraduate in English (hons.), I did a follow up with an M.A. in English Literature. Immediately after, I pursued an M.A. in Linguistics, obtaining a good second division and worked in the capacity of English Trainer, teacher trainer/consultant, content developer and content editor with various organizations for a stretch of 4 years. Further to this, as an intern for a literary agent, I proofread and edited manuscripts for the next 2 years. I earned a CELTA certificate in 2014. Post CELTA, and while working with Pathways School Noida (an IB school), as a PYP facilitator, since 2014, I pursued ‘The Essentials of CLIL’, a 55 hours online training from the British Council Division, Delhi, India. Alongside, I have served an NGO to train teachers in imparting English language teaching in remote parts of Himachal Pradesh, India, as a part of a skills development program. I have also trained French professionals through an online learning portal for almost 100 hours, as English Trainer.

I took the IELTS academic module exam in December last year and scored an overall band score of 8 with no subtest below 6.5. My listening and reading scores have been 9.0.

kirtisundar

Jul 5, 2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
I need one suggestion from experts of this group:
I am from India and I have received study permit in May 2017 and currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student in the university of Waterloo.My wife also received the work permit along with my application. Unfortunately, my daughter's visa got rejected who is 6 years old. First-time we have applied travel permit for her and the reason of refusal was she needs study permit as she is in the schooling age.The second time I have applied online study permit for her with a letter of acceptance from Canada school board, still her visa was rejected citing"Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans".

Now, what to do and where to apply? I think paper-based visa is a better option as in online very limited documents were being possible to upload.

Moana30

May 30, 2017
I need one suggestion from experts of this group:
I am from India and I have received study permit in May 2017 and currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student in the university of Waterloo.My wife also received the work permit along with my application. Unfortunately, my daughter's visa got rejected who is 6 years old. First-time we have applied travel permit for her and the reason of refusal was she needs study permit as she is in the schooling age.The second time I have applied online study permit for her with a letter of acceptance from Canada school board, still her visa was rejected citing"Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans".

Now, what to do and where to apply? I think paper-based visa is a better option as in online very limited documents were being possible to upload.
When you applied for your daughter's Temporary visa for the first time, did you mention that her visa is linked with your Study permit and your wife's Open work permit?

kirtisundar

Jul 5, 2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
When you applied for your daughter's Temporary visa for the first time, did you mention that her visa is linked with your Study permit and your wife's Open work permit?
Yes, the first time it was all in a single envelope and those were linked on 12th March.
the problem in the second time I think was fewer documents and the visa office unable to create a link with my study permit.
Do anyone have an idea about Dependent Visa? As I getting confused between the type of visa now. :confused::(