+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor mistake in Physical Presence Calculator while completing citizenship application

liclo12

Sep 20, 2023
Hi All,

I submitted my application yesterday, but realized that I missed 15 days I spent outside Canada. However, even with that 15 days, I am above the minimal requirement (1095 days).

Really appreciated if someone could help me out here:
1. I tried call IRCC and they told me I can only wait and if they need more info they will contact me. I also submitted a web-form to let them know about this info. I am wondering if somebody has experienced similar issue, and could share their experience here。
2. I also had about 27 days spent outside Canada, but that were all accompanied by my Canadian common-in-law partner. Even with that 27 days, I am above the minimal requirement. I did not add this to my Physical Presence Calculator, I am wondering if this is a mistake. I am wondering if someone knows this better could kindly share their experience and advice here.

Thanks a lot in advance !

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I submitted my application yesterday, but realized that I missed 15 days I spent outside Canada. However, even with that 15 days, I am above the minimal requirement (1095 days).

Really appreciated if someone could help me out here:
1. I tried call IRCC and they told me I can only wait and if they need more info they will contact me. I also submitted a web-form to let them know about this info. I am wondering if somebody has experienced similar issue, and could share their experience here。
2. I also had about 27 days spent outside Canada, but that were all accompanied by my Canadian common-in-law partner. Even with that 27 days, I am above the minimal requirement. I did not add this to my Physical Presence Calculator, I am wondering if this is a mistake. I am wondering if someone knows this better could kindly share their experience and advice here.

Thanks a lot in advance !
Using https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do create the proper physical presence calculation. Attach the generated PDF to a webform form with a letter of explanation on what all you missed in the previous calculation. Hopefully if you above 1095 should not cause any issues.

Reactions: liclo12

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
1) see @forw.jane 's message above.
2) you have to list every single exit from the country, so yeah, that's a mistake and these 27 days should have been there...
Also, it doesn't matter who you were with outside the country and their citizenship status. That's only potentially taken into account for the PR residency requirement, the citizenship physical presence requirement is as strict as it gets, being in or outside the country on any given day. The only exception concerns crown servants and their families.

Reactions: liclo12

liclo12

Sep 20, 2023
1) see @forw.jane 's message above.
2) you have to list every single exit from the country, so yeah, that's a mistake and these 27 days should have been there...
Also, it doesn't matter who you were with outside the country and their citizenship status. That's only potentially taken into account for the PR residency requirement, the citizenship physical presence requirement is as strict as it gets, being in or outside the country on any given day. The only exception concerns crown servants and their families.
Thank you so much and will do this. Do you know if its better to wait till I have AOR then send the Web form or send it now ? Appreciated again !

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....