+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum stay required after PR Visa stamping

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
Question here..

Is this possible?

1. Principal applicant lands in Canada first and leaves Canada in next 30 days.
2. Can dependends come later and land with out the principal applicant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shakti123 said:
2. Can dependends come later and land with out the principal applicant.
Yes, dependents can land later, as long as they land prior to COPR expiry.

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Can someone advise me, I cannot move to canada now, but i am considering to travel immediately after I receive CORP and stay in Canada 20 days. Register for PR card and Social security card. I will make my final move after 3 months.
Is there anything illegal with this ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nihon19 said:
Can someone advise me, I cannot move to canada now, but i am considering to travel immediately after I receive CORP and stay in Canada 20 days. Register for PR card and Social security card. I will make my final move after 3 months.
Is there anything illegal with this ?
No.

anishcharles

Oct 30, 2017
Hey,
You can definitely leave Canada taking the next flight...but the concerns will be that you need to have your PR card in order for you to return to Canada which is usually taking around 67 days to be mailed out after your landing date...if for some reason you don't get the PR and need to check into a Government office in Canada then it will be a problem but if your friends or family receives the card and send it back to you in India then you are safe....

Yes, all of your accompanying family members who will be with you at the time of your landing has to be there at least 2years to keep their status validated...If they have honored the PR but decided not to accompany you while you are landing than there status will be cancelled...

For the expiry of entry visa question....you will see that the visa stamped in your passport will have an expiry date...mine was given only for 3months and it cannot be extended or appealed...the duration varies from case to case...hope this info will help...Good Luck

I have a similiar question but I am still asking as I am not clear...I am trying to understand if its ok for a dependent to stay in Canada and look for a job while primary applicant returns back to India after stamping. In case No what is the exact criteria?

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
I need help...
My question is if both primary applicant and dependent applicant land together in Canada and get visa stamp and then can primary applicant leave next day and dependent applicant stay there and look for job.

Is it possible?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I need help...
My question is if both primary applicant and dependent applicant land together in Canada and get visa stamp and then can primary applicant leave next day and dependent applicant stay there and look for job.

Is it possible?
Yes no problem although keep in mind you will need your PR card or a PRTD to return. The residency obligation by the way becomes an individual PRs responsibility to maintain.

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Yes no problem although keep in mind you will need your PR card or a PRTD to return. The residency obligation by the way becomes an individual PRs responsibility to maintain.
OK so just to clarify I am dependent applicant and I will stay there and my primary applicant will leave after two days. As I will be there so I can collect PR card for my primary applicant and it will be courier to primary applicant to India and next time he or she is planning to travel need to carry that PR card....

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
OK so just to clarify I am dependent applicant and I will stay there and my primary applicant will leave after two days. As I will be there so I can collect PR card for my primary applicant and it will be courier to primary applicant to India and next time he or she is planning to travel need to carry that PR card....
Can anyone help me on this

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
When you landed you would have been asked for an address to mail your cards to. If asked to collect do not , and others can correct me, think anyone other than the PR card holder can collect a PR card or if dependants then with a parent. For the PA to return they will either need the card mailed to an address in Canada to then be mailed/couriered to India or apply for a PRTD in India.