+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Stay after Landing formalities

new to canada

Jul 30, 2017
Dear Members,
Please help me with the following important query,

1) We have received our COPR and entry visa ( express entry-FSWP ) and we are planning to land for the first time in the first week of December .is it possible to return after 1 week of landing and give our friend's address for PR card?

Is there a rule that forces one to stay compulsorily in Canada until PR cards are received and must receive the cards personally?

I was reading on this forum that recently someone landed and was asked to stay until the cards arrive.

please clarify ,I would b really grateful.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
You can leave Canada even the same day. The thing is that the next time you enter Canada you will need your PR card to do so.
Provide your friends address and ask them to post your PR cards to you once they arrive.

Reactions: Roshan

new to canada

Jul 30, 2017
You can leave Canada even the same day. The thing is that the next time you enter Canada you will need your PR card to do so.
Provide your friends address and ask them to post your PR cards to you once they arrive.
Thanks a lot.
So no need for receiving the card personally? Do we give any authority letter to our friend to receive the cards?