OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.

I'm currently on CIC looking at the forms my (soon to be) husband will have to fill out to sponsor me and my child.
Can someone clarify in necessary income please?
The figure of $37,234 is given for the 3 person family unit. Does he need to show this as a 6 month continual balance in his account?! Or is that what they require him to earn per year?

But it then says...

"If you are sponsoring a person other than:

your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
your child who has no children of his or her own,
you must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income to support the group of persons
yourself and your family members, whether they are living with you or not;
the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members;
every other person you have sponsored in the past and their family members, where an undertaking is still in effect or is not yet in effect;" etc...

So does he have to show min necessary income at all because I will be his wife and i will have a dependant child?

I'm confused!

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
OhCanada77 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm currently on CIC looking at the forms my (soon to be) husband will have to fill out to sponsor me and my child.
Can someone clarify in necessary income please?
The figure of $37,234 is given for the 3 person family unit. Does he need to show this as a 6 month continual balance in his account?! Or is that what they require him to earn per year?

But it then says...

"If you are sponsoring a person other than:

your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
your child who has no children of his or her own,
you must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income to support the group of persons
yourself and your family members, whether they are living with you or not;
the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members;
every other person you have sponsored in the past and their family members, where an undertaking is still in effect or is not yet in effect;" etc...

So does he have to show min necessary income at all because I will be his wife and i will have a dependant child?

I'm confused!
There is no minimum income for Spousal Sponsorship, he will need to put a copy of his notice of assessment in when he sends in the application.

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notice of assessment is basically his annual tax return from the CRA isn't it? Is it just the last financial year? And that's it? No other financial proof is required? I mean, it's not a problem if it is, I think it's just i have been reading about forms and guides and things on the CIC for hours now and I need a coffee!

Thanks Jacalinkup :)

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
OhCanada77 said:
Notice of assessment is basically his annual tax return from the CRA isn't it? Is it just the last financial year? And that's it? No other financial proof is required? I mean, it's not a problem if it is, I think it's just i have been reading about forms and guides and things on the CIC for hours now and I need a coffee!

That is correct. Yes, you would just send in 2015's NOA. No other financial proof is required.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no minimum income required for a spousal sponsorship application, but there is for other Family Class applicants (Parents and Grand Parents).

The sponsor simply needs to show s/he will support the applicant(s) and that s/he is not receiving Social Assistance (Welfare). This can be as simple as a letter from family, offering to help until the applicant is established in Canada, in a case where the sponsor is unemployed.

His NOA is not the same as his tax return. He can get a copy of his Option C from the CRA website.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
OhCanada77 said:

Though, not required but people have submitted more than just the previous year if it can help to show financial stability. Also, submitting bank records could help. Pay stubs from an employer or self-employed financial statement could be added. Again, none of these are required but you could submit whatever other forms of additional supporting documents to go with your application to make your case stronger.

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's fantastic, thank you for all the help everyone. One less form to fill in!