+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minimum IELTS score for express entry

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I just got a band 7/9 over all in IELTS testing : speaking :8.5 ,reading:7,listenning:5.5,writing :6.5 .
is this an honorable score for express entry considering that i will pass TEF as well to increase my pts .

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
mooncef said:
I just got a band 7/9 over all in IELTS testing : speaking :8.5 ,reading:7,listenning:5.5,writing :6.5 .
is this an honorable score for express entry considering that i will pass TEF as well to increase my pts .
The minimum score required to apply for Express Entry is CLB-7 means 6 band in each module .
You got 0.5 bands less in listening module so this makes your profile ineligible when you apply for express entry .

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No...unfortunately, it isn't. You need to hone your writing and listening skills. To get additional points under skills transferability factors you need to re-appear for your IELTS.

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I just calculated my score in a calculator and had a 929pts .
can you give me an official source stating the 6 band in each threshold plz ?

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
mooncef said:
I just calculated my score in a calculator and had a 929pts .
can you give me an official source stating the 6 band in each threshold plz ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I just went through the quiz , and made an assumption for TEF as my first language (i will pass the exam soon) and put IELTS as second language .
the result of the quiz was favorable . I think i'd rather rely on the official quiz .

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
if we account for an LMIA validated job (+600pts ) does't this score thereshold matter that much ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooncef said:
if we account for an LMIA validated job (+600pts ) does't this score thereshold matter that much ?
If you do not meet the minimum language level, it doesn't matter how high your CRS score is, because you do not qualify to create a profile.

As I mentioned in your other thread, your IELTS score is fine for a second official language (although, with a score of 600+, there's really no point having a second official language because you don't need the extra points).
If you get CLB 7 in all bands of TEF (which I assume you will, since it's your first language), and list French as your first official language, then you qualify, everything is fine, and you can forget about IELTS.

Reactions: phl2019

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Thanks !
by the way i just passed a quiz in the official website using some assumed scores on TEF , and the results were favorable =)

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
the LMIA is still in progress ! i agreed with my futur employer to chose the right time , we are not in a hurry (we have a strong relationship and i lead the project from ground up )

raffy07

Feb 19, 2018
Hello

Can anyone help me please. I am just SOOOO confused.
I find there is a contradiction between the info that we can find on this link :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html

and the one we can find here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html (under IELTS)

In the first one, they say that to be eligible, we have to get a CLB 7 (and for each of the 4 categories, they indicate it should be 7 minimum), whereas in the second one they seem to say that getting 6 on each of the 4 categories allows to get a CLB 7 score.

Can someone tell me if I am eligible to apply in case i get 6 and more on each but not 7 and more on each ?

Thank you