+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military background - Is it affecting the background check?

KarimElMasri

Sep 20, 2017
Am from Egypt and I have a military background. The military service is mandatory there.
My AOR is Jan 6th 2017 (In-land) and my background check changed to IP2 on Sep 14th, and I didnt get PPR yet. It has been almost 9 months now.
So my question : Is there anyone here had a military background in Egypt or any other country? And how that is affecting the process times?
Thank you!

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People with military background usually go through secondary and stringent security screening, which requires additional 6+ months in general.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People with military background usually go through secondary and stringent security screening, which requires additional 6+ months in general.
If the country is an ally of Canada (like the US or UK), you generally do not get stringent extra background checks for military service.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
If the country is an ally of Canada (like the US or UK), you generally do not get stringent extra background checks for military service.
Hi @MattyTj

Sorry I didn't meant to hack this thread. But i worked in Canada for 3 months for Utilities of city owned company & i said yes for if i worked for government.
Will this also result in secuirty checks?
Thanks

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi @MattyTj

Sorry I didn't meant to hack this thread. But i worked in Canada for 3 months for Utilities of city owned company & i said yes for if i worked for government.
Will this also result in secuirty checks?
Thanks
No, this will not.
They know you had little or almost no connection to anything that has a security concern.
Relax, you are fine!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, this will not.
They know you had little or almost no connection to anything that has a security concern.
Relax, you are fine!
Agreed! Only if you worked for a government that was not a "friend" of Canada would that cause an issue. Cheers!

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Am from Egypt and I have a military background. The military service is mandatory there.
My AOR is Jan 6th 2017 (In-land) and my background check changed to IP2 on Sep 14th, and I didnt get PPR yet. It has been almost 9 months now.
So my question : Is there anyone here had a military background in Egypt or any other country? And how that is affecting the process times?
Thank you!
Did they send you a separate form to be filled for your military service?

KarimElMasri

Sep 20, 2017
Did they send you a separate form to be filled for your military service?
They sent me one when i was applying for my Visa. And when i ordered the CGMS notes for the PR, it showed that the officer has attached that separate form to my PR application