+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mi first 3 months on my Job Experience in Calgary

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Congrats. I can't wait to hear your 6 months experience.
Can you provide us with info such as rent cost, electricity, cell phone, car insurance, food ....
Thanks much and good luck

june14

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks cchabert for sharing your experiences with us. My visa still on process though, it's a nice preview what is ahead. More power!

june 14

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
cchabert said:
Ok Guys I'll write my first six months in Calgary soon, just a quick bite...I got a professional job!!

Cheers!!
cchabert,
i don't know your definition of "soon" ::)
c'mon now buddy - spill the beans already! the suspense is killing us!!! :p

C

cchabert

Ok the beans are ready here it is:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/from-atlanta-to-calgary-my-first-6-months-job-experience-t49940.0.html;msg379842#msg379842

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cngrats Cchabert, very nice job you done!!

boss2009

Star Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hi ,

I landed in GTA a month back , plan to move to AB in the next 10-15 days.

Can you tell me that how difficult is it to get a starter job ( any work , in a factory, warehouse....)

Also , i see a lot of places for rent , i am looking for a area that is not very expensive , & ok to live in , can you suggest any area

C

cchabert

boss2009 said:
Hi ,

I landed in GTA a month back , plan to move to AB in the next 10-15 days.

Can you tell me that how difficult is it to get a starter job ( any work , in a factory, warehouse....)

Also , i see a lot of places for rent , i am looking for a area that is not very expensive , & ok to live in , can you suggest any area
Good day! Right now I see signs everywhere on the shopping centers hiring people, the holidays are coming also so I think (Don't take it for granted) it will be not so hard to find a survival job. The cheapest areas for living are NE and SE I don't know what are you looking for, are coming alone? family?

Peace!

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Guys just a quick update. I moved to edmonton about a month ago. Survival jobs are easy to find. I found a two survival jobs in less than a week. I was able to secure a job in my field in less than a month.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow thats is such a great news. Thanks a ton for update. It gives lot of encouragement and makes the decision little easier

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey CCH,
I hope you are doing well and wish you remember me :D. We were in touch during the AINP nomination process and visa issuance procedures on the forum.
Anyways, wanted to ask you a few:
1. Did you land in Alberta or elsewhere in Canada?
2. What address did you provide during Landing for your PR application? .... Did you have any friends or relatives whose address you could use?
3. How long did it take for your PR cards to arrive?
4. Also where did you first live until you found permanent accommodation and how did you find your permanent accommodation?

If you can take the time to answer these, that will be great
Appreciate it!!

Karl

C

cchabert

Good day karl! Here is my answer:

1.- Land in Calgary airport on January 7 at 2:40pm
2.- We find a lost friend from my wife side like 2 months before we move :)
3.- PR takes around 3 weeks
4.- Same friend, she received us in her department and then we rent in the same complex, we stay with her around 5 days.

boss2009

Star Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hi ,

Can you tell me that how to i look for a starter job in calgary. where are the job agencies located any siteon internet where i can find job.... Do you know the name or phone number of any good agencies which can help me find work.

You told me that NE & SE are good areas , can you name some areas . I will be comming alone , family joins me after 3-4 months...