+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTA - I posted our story several months ago (page/tab 20). The short of it, the embassy sent us a package in March 2010, we never received it (didn't ever know about it until Jan 2011), everyone told us to just wait (CIC and MP), then in January my MP agreed to enquire, and finally the embassy called my husband and resent the package.

It's overly complicate and painful. I really hope it doesn't happen to anyone else but i am sure it does.

That's why I say, SPREAD THE WORD. if you know anyone who is sponsing or being sponsered tell them about the forum. This forum is very important, if I would have known about this forum last year my husband would have been here for almost 10 months by now.

Thanks everyone for the congratz, I am 80% happy now, i will be 90% exstatic when he get the PR monday, and 1000% over the moon when he steps through those airport doors. :)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
La_Ardilla said:
This is tricky, but I think there is very little flexibility in the process. If CIC asked specifically for an informe, I would get it. I know that the results of the police check are the same whether it is an informe or a constancia, but it would be unfortunate if you tried to supply the constancia and they still asked for the informe.

Also, to get the constancia you will have to go to the Mexican Consulate in Canada to get a letter to request the constancia at the PGR and send it to your mom.

I can appreciate that you have already waited so long and just want to process to finish as soon as possible, you probably would like to be able to leave Canada to visit your family.

I wonder if there are others out there who applied inland, I wonder what they did?

We applied outland, but my partner has been in Canada since 2009, we had gathered all of the prints and photos in January expecting to get a request for an informe, but were asked for a constancia instead, which I am not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing, yet. For me there is some stress related to getting the constancia that might have been eliminated with a request for an informed. His Dad is getting the constancia for us, but of course I am worried that the photos won't be right or the fingerprints aren't good enough.
Thank you La_Ardilla for all your helpfull information. I will go to the mexican consulate monday morning monday. And yeah would be nice if other people who have done this process share this experience with us.
Cheers!!! :D :D :D

p.s. Your information is so helpfull that i mark you as [Good] (+)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
gigi1612 said:
Thank you La_Ardilla for all your helpfull information. I will go to the mexican consulate monday morning monday. And yeah would be nice if other people who have done this process share this experience with us.

About the pictures, if you are not sure about the size and other details, this information i found in the mexican consulate may help:

a) Tamaño filiación o tamaño pasaporte mexicano (4.5 cm. de largo x 3.5 cm. de ancho).
Size filiacion or size mexican passport (4.5 long and 3.5 wide)

b) Tomadas lo más cerca posible de la cara.
Take the pics the closest posible to the face

c) Sin maquillaje, sin aretes, sin lentes, sin barba, sin bigote, sin patillas, ni cabello sobre la cara, es decir, con el rostro descubierto.
No Makeup, no earrings, no glasses, no mustache, no hair on the face, in other word with the face uncovered.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
gigi1612 said:

Since you are inland you really need to consider that they will be looking for the informe. Remember, they said in your letter you will need to send fingerprints to the embassy in your home country. See what robrod said, it looks like he got an informe and was an inland applicant. Jendrian also mentioned that the constancia only has 15 days until it expires, it may not give you enough time. This is worth thinking about. Remember my experience is applying outland.

Thanks for +, it's my first!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
La_Ardilla said:
Since you are inland you really need to consider that they will be looking for the informe. Remember, they said in your letter you will need to send fingerprints to the embassy in your home country. See what robrod said, it looks like he got an informe and was an inland applicant. Jendrian also mentioned that the constancia only has 15 days until it expires, it may not give you enough time. This is worth thinking about. Remember my experience is applying outland.

Thanks for +, it's my first!
Yeah i think they will be looking for an informe, but it will take longer. I read takes about 3-5 months, so i want to try to the get the Constancia to speed things up, but i'm a little concer it would be rejected.

As you mentioned, i want to finish the process so we can go and visit my parents. He haven't meet them in person yet, and i miss them so much. We started thje application in april 2009. It's been a long time...

By the way the letter requesting this updates and police clearance gives me only 30 days to submit everything. It also says if i need more time time i should write a letter to CIC explaining why and how long.

What do you think should i give it a try (the constancia instead of the informe) or should i just apply for the informe and wait?

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
kdr

I just got a letter saying that my application was refuse and If I needed more information just to call CIC call centre. I gave them a call and asked them about my situation and what was the next step? They only said I was out of status and I should leave the country, I asked If I needed to inform someone about my departure at the airport and he said no because I didn't have a departure order. So I just flew back to my country I think they will send a letter asking me to leave very soon and my husband will have to show them my ticket and maybe I will send a copy of my passport with the stamp when I entried Mexico city. They said I will have no problem and I don´t need ARC to return because I left on time. I hope this is true =) BTW after I called CIC I bought my airplane ticket for the next day.

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
Hi Regina
I'm sorry to hear the bad news about your aplication refused..Now I guess you are going to apply outland?good luck !!!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
reginac said:
kdr

I just got a letter saying that my application was refuse and If I needed more information just to call CIC call centre. I gave them a call and asked them about my situation and what was the next step? They only said I was out of status and I should leave the country, I asked If I needed to inform someone about my departure at the airport and he said no because I didn't have a departure order. So I just flew back to my country I think they will send a letter asking me to leave very soon and my husband will have to show them my ticket and maybe I will send a copy of my passport with the stamp when I entried Mexico city. They said I will have no problem and I don´t need ARC to return because I left on time. I hope this is true =) BTW after I called CIC I bought my airplane ticket for the next day.
I'm so sorry about your application. :'(

Are you going to apply outland? If so you should request your FOSS to see why it was denied and when you do your outland you can address the matter that caused the rejection of your app.

Good luck!!! ;)

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
bobswife & gigi1612

Yes I´m going to apply outland. Unfortunately We used an immigration consultant and he sent our application with wrong information, he wasn't helpful but we knew it when it was too late. We had our FOSS notes and we can proove every single thing and I believe this time I will get it for sure. I was sad when I read the refused letter but now I'm happy because I'm with my family after 5 years of not seeing them and my husband is coming to Mexico to stay with me the whole process =)

M

mrandmrsromero

reginac said:
bobswife & gigi1612

Yes I´m going to apply outland. Unfortunately We used an immigration consultant and he sent our application with wrong information, he wasn't helpful but we knew it when it was too late. We had our FOSS notes and we can proove every single thing and I believe this time I will get it for sure. I was sad when I read the refused letter but now I'm happy because I'm with my family after 5 years of not seeing them and my husband is coming to Mexico to stay with me the whole process =)
I am sorry to hear about the refusal but happy to hear that your husband can be with you during the process. I wish you the best of luck!!!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
reginac said:
bobswife & gigi1612

That's a good attitude!!! Keep it positive! :D

I can just imagine how happy you must be now that you are reunite with your family and even better your husband is coming to join you.

I haven't see my parents since 2005 and i can't wait to get approved and see them again.

Wish us luck, our interview will be tomorrow. Hopefully it will have a positive outcome. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will post our interview experience tomorrow. Good nite everybody.

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
Hi guys
I decided post here as well this
Hi there
Vegreville phone today and told us my aplication is completed and ready BUT they can not 100% finish yet because the federal Mexican report(carta de antecedentes registrales)are "missed" in Canada embassy Mexico city...which was droped off 8 days a go and was stamped,my inlaw(who did this) personally spoke with a person at the embassy and they said will be atached inmediatly to my son's file..Vegreville they are going to wrote and insist about they have to found it...pissed off,desperate,mad..this is like a thriller movie..can't believe it...oh we sent a letter to Vegreville with copies or my second medical done and the copy of this last request for my son..but they also said medical are received,letter from husband as well BUT they can not found the copy of the "carta de antecedentes registrales" ..isn't strange???the 2 offices can't find the document?sounds to me like a big joke after all the expenses and traveling my son have to do for those document which is valid only for 2 weeks
oh yeah,I am guessing they are going to ask me for another new report...what a crap...another $1000 dlls or more to travel to Mexico city plus another wait minimal of 3 weeks at least....wondering?if all this bunch of crap-*censored word* makes sence??sorry but I feel like go and yell loud and cry to expulse all my frustation...the call from vegreville today just make me happy in the begining because she said we pleased to inform you all your process has been complete but without that paper for your son we can not finish yet and proced with your landing interview she said she will try
with more calls and ;letters to somebody in Mexico city be able to found that document,,,they changue address in mexico for our category of visas but we check very well where exactly we supose to drop off the paper and she did it...with his number on top at the envelope and his name complete..oh my god.oh my god..oh my god...I just feel like cryng...I am desperate to see my 2 kids but in special my little girl who is the priority here.not my son who is no coming to live here,but just because the rules are the rules and we folow and did everyone,when everything looks more shinny like sunny,,bomm another grey cloud over my head and some kind a pain in my heart..being separated of my little girl for almost 2 years is something,I can not afford emocionally anymore..if nothing happen and if they want to make me do it again everything I will come back to my home beside the beach take my little girl in my arms and forget about this inland aplication.apply outland or just stay like before coming back and forth to see each other and live in 2 countries but i can not sacrifice anymore the life of my little girl,,nobody teach me how live without her when she born,my husband support any decision and stay strong together..let's see what happen
hope just the right..this people at the embassy in Mexico find the letter,report to vegreville and then end of the history.
Well folks that is a nightmare for me tonight and I am sure every word,experience we share help to anothers to understand this process and try avoid mistakes in the future..hope Jason Kenney in the new laws they considered our dependent children living abroard have priority and faster process at least focus in our minor acompanyng dependent and not in our adults kids no dependents plus are not in the aplication to live in Canada/well thank you.in advanze for the time who is reading this...good luck to everybody and to me as well off course..lol

Jamesah

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2010
Doc's Request.
05-11-2010
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
To @bobswife:
I´m sorry to hear about your problem, but where did you drop the paper cause I believe they recently change of address, they might just misplace it, I´m asking since I´m also confused of their address they changed it in some places but no real info or even accurate.

Good Luck

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
My husband was there on March 30 to drop off some documents. As of March 28, they are at the following address:

MIGUEL DE CERVANTES SAAVEDRA 193
COL. GRANADA
11520 MEXICO, D.F
Fax: 5724 - 7983

Hope this clears things up for you:)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
bobswife said:
Hi guys
I decided post here as well this
Hi there
Vegreville phone today and told us my aplication is completed and ready BUT they can not 100% finish yet because the federal Mexican report(carta de antecedentes registrales)are "missed" in Canada embassy Mexico city...which was droped off 8 days a go and was stamped,my inlaw(who did this) personally spoke with a person at the embassy and they said will be atached inmediatly to my son's file..Vegreville they are going to wrote and insist about they have to found it...pissed off,desperate,mad..this is like a thriller movie..can't believe it...oh we sent a letter to Vegreville with copies or my second medical done and the copy of this last request for my son..but they also said medical are received,letter from husband as well BUT they can not found the copy of the "carta de antecedentes registrales" ..isn't strange???the 2 offices can't find the document?sounds to me like a big joke after all the expenses and traveling my son have to do for those document which is valid only for 2 weeks
oh yeah,I am guessing they are going to ask me for another new report...what a crap...another $1000 dlls or more to travel to Mexico city plus another wait minimal of 3 weeks at least....wondering?if all this bunch of crap-*censored word* makes sence??sorry but I feel like go and yell loud and cry to expulse all my frustation...the call from vegreville today just make me happy in the begining because she said we pleased to inform you all your process has been complete but without that paper for your son we can not finish yet and proced with your landing interview she said she will try
with more calls and ;letters to somebody in Mexico city be able to found that document,,,they changue address in mexico for our category of visas but we check very well where exactly we supose to drop off the paper and she did it...with his number on top at the envelope and his name complete..oh my god.oh my god..oh my god...I just feel like cryng...I am desperate to see my 2 kids but in special my little girl who is the priority here.not my son who is no coming to live here,but just because the rules are the rules and we folow and did everyone,when everything looks more shinny like sunny,,bomm another grey cloud over my head and some kind a pain in my heart..being separated of my little girl for almost 2 years is something,I can not afford emocionally anymore..if nothing happen and if they want to make me do it again everything I will come back to my home beside the beach take my little girl in my arms and forget about this inland aplication.apply outland or just stay like before coming back and forth to see each other and live in 2 countries but i can not sacrifice anymore the life of my little girl,,nobody teach me how live without her when she born,my husband support any decision and stay strong together..let's see what happen
hope just the right..this people at the embassy in Mexico find the letter,report to vegreville and then end of the history.
Well folks that is a nightmare for me tonight and I am sure every word,experience we share help to anothers to understand this process and try avoid mistakes in the future..hope Jason Kenney in the new laws they considered our dependent children living abroard have priority and faster process at least focus in our minor acompanyng dependent and not in our adults kids no dependents plus are not in the aplication to live in Canada/well thank you.in advanze for the time who is reading this...good luck to everybody and to me as well off course..lol
I'm so sorry to hear that.

That's really a nightmare!!! :mad:

I hope they find the letter. It's not fare after all the time you have been waiting.

Is anything you can do? Like calling the mexican Consul of the city you are living, maybe they can put some presure on the staff at Canadian Embassy at Mexico City.

That's really too bad.

I'm going to that process to. My mom will be getting my Constancia next week. I'm scared now. I'm going to tell my mom to make a copy o it before she dropp it at the embassy and i'm going to tell her to ask for an acknowklegde of receipt of the Constancia at the Canadian Embassy.