AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
im sure everything is just fine and that it is PPR. often times they will extend validity of medicals which is what they did for us as well!! stay positive!! he will be here for fathers day!!!
thank you so much, it was indeed a PPR, no more medicals just passport. i am so happy and i still can't believe he'll be able to come back. Our case was complicated but it was proven to be a genuine relationship and that's what matters. this forum does help a lot and i am happy to be at the end.

wishing all other applicants the best and i know it sounds easy than done but patient is the key to this process.
We will wait for his corp and then plan his way back.

thanks to all of you who offer support and advice.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
thank you so much, it was indeed a PPR, no more medicals just passport. i am so happy and i still can't believe he'll be able to come back. Our case was complicated but it was proven to be a genuine relationship and that's what matters. this forum does help a lot and i am happy to be at the end.

wishing all other applicants the best and i know it sounds easy than done but patient is the key to this process.
We will wait for his corp and then plan his way back.

thanks to all of you who offer support and advice.
So great to hear! I haven't been on in a while. So wanted to catch up and see how you and majesty were making out. I'm so happy to see all the good news!

Reactions: Aloaleja

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
So great to hear! I haven't been on in a while. So wanted to catch up and see how you and majesty were making out. I'm so happy to see all the good news!
thank you. it feels good to see all the support! so thrilled to plan my husband landing.

Reactions: KloveG

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My partner landed 2 days ago. It still doesn't seem quite real that he is here to stay. However, I'm sure it will sink in soon. Thank you to all who provided support and advice ... it really helped to get through this long and emotional journey! And to those of you who are still waiting, wishing you strength and patience to get through this process as well as fast processing times. Finally for those of you who are getting/got your PPR, CONGRATS and enjoy your family time and the next chapter of your life! :)

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
I think the coverage information for ohip is for inland applicants. Your wife has to wait 3 months from landing in order to apply for ohip
Does what I thought but after extensive research and finally asking OHIP we found out that it applies for outbound applicants also since OHIP does not differentiate by inland or Outland elibility to apply for PR status
That been said you still have to wait for 3 months so you can use OHIP, from the time you establish residency in Ontario.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Does what I thought but after extensive research and finally asking OHIP we found out that it applies for outbound applicants also since OHIP does not differentiate by inland or Outland elibility to apply for PR status
That been said you still have to wait for 3 months so you can use OHIP, from the time you establish residency in Ontario.
If that were the case my husband would have had it well over a yeR ago and doesnt get it until three months after he lands

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
If that were the case my husband would have had it well over a yeR ago and doesnt get it until three months after he lands
Yes you have to be in Canada to apply. To qualify you have to have a letter from IRCC stating that you qualify to apply for PR status . Than you can apply for OHIP without having PR status but you do have to be in Ontario. I never said you can apply from outside of Canada. What I said is that you can apply one IRCC confirms you are eligible to be A PR in Ontario. I also said that this applies to both Inland and Outland applicants. Outland applicants can travel to Ontario with a valid visitors visa and while the application still live with IRCC and having the letter of eligibility to be a PR than you as an Outland aplicant can apply to OHIP while waiting for your PR papers. Your OHIP will be working after the 90 days that you where eligible to apply for PR and that you where in Ontario. After you apply you can be away from Ontario for 30 days in the first 6 months since you became and eligible applicant for PR.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Yes you have to be in Canada to apply. To qualify you have to have a letter from IRCC stating that you qualify to apply for PR status . Than you can apply for OHIP without having PR status but you do have to be in Ontario. I never said you can apply from outside of Canada. What I said is that you can apply one IRCC confirms you are eligible to be A PR in Ontario. I also said that this applies to both Inland and Outland applicants. Outland applicants can travel to Ontario with a valid visitors visa and while the application still live with IRCC and having the letter of eligibility to be a PR than you as an Outland aplicant can apply to OHIP while waiting for your PR papers. Your OHIP will be working after the 90 days that you where eligible to apply for PR and that you where in Ontario. After you apply you can be away from Ontario for 30 days in the first 6 months since you became and eligible applicant for PR.
Hes been in canada for a year and a half. That letter is called approval in principal which is only given to inlnd applicants. Outland applicants get approval once ppr arrives. Big difference. Trust me ive researched it. It took 12 months to process his OUTLAND application and during that time we had a baby and had too extend his stay twice. As an outland applicant he does not qualify

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
Hes been in canada for a year and a half. That letter is called approval in principal which is only given to inlnd applicants. Outland applicants get approval once ppr arrives. Big difference. Trust me ive researched it. It took 12 months to process his OUTLAND application and during that time we had a baby and had too extend his stay twice. As an outland applicant he does not qualify

I have been inform and wish I could show you the letter but it has too much personal information from IRCC and OHIP. I also know that allot of people get turn down when they present the forms. In the case you get turn down you need to appeal the decision to OHIP. I also stated that the letter is only giving to inland automatically for Outland applications you have to ask IRCC to give you the information on an official letter from them. That is was I was inform from OHIP and also from my member of parliament. I hope this help you.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I have been inform and wish I could show you the letter but it has too much personal information from IRCC and OHIP. I also know that allot of people get turn down when they present the forms. In the case you get turn down you need to appeal the decision to OHIP. I also stated that the letter is only giving to inland automatically for Outland applications you have to ask IRCC to give you the information on an official letter from them. That is was I was inform from OHIP and also from my member of parliament. I hope this help you.
My husband has completed the process. I find it extremely hard to believe they give this to outland applicants as eligibilty isnt complete until
The background check is completed at which point ppr is sent so it doesnt make sense to me but hey if you can get it and your wife can have her baby here for free all the power to you

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
You missed the first part of the qualifications. They have to have lived here for so many days. So 153 days is 3 months. If she lands in may she could qualify BEFORE the baby is born. If not itll be too late to qualify and you will have a hospital bill that can be quite expensive

To qualify for OHIP, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications listed below plus at least one of the additional requirements.

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary home
You must also meet at least one of the following additional requirements. You:

• are a Canadian citizen
  • are an Indigenous person (registered under the federal Indian Act)
  • are a permanent resident (formerly called a “landed immigrant”)
  • have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
    • you meet the eligibility requirements to apply
    • you have not yet been denied
  • are in Ontario on a valid work permit and are working full-time in Ontario, for an Ontario employer, for at least six months
    • your spouse and any dependents also qualify if you do
  • are in Ontario on a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program
  • are a convention refugee or other protected person (as defined by Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada)
  • have a Temporary Resident Permit (only certain case types, e.g. 86 through 95)
  • are a clergy member who can legally stay in Canada and is ministering full time in Ontario for at least six months

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
You missed the first part of the qualifications. They have to have lived here for so many days. So 153 days is 3 months. If she lands in may she could qualify BEFORE the baby is born. If not itll be too late to qualify and you will have a hospital bill that can be quite expensive

To qualify for OHIP, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications listed below plus at least one of the additional requirements.

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary home
You must also meet at least one of the following additional requirements. You:

• are a Canadian citizen
  • are an Indigenous person (registered under the federal Indian Act)
  • are a permanent resident (formerly called a “landed immigrant”)
  • have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
    • you meet the eligibility requirements to apply
    • you have not yet been denied
  • are in Ontario on a valid work permit and are working full-time in Ontario, for an Ontario employer, for at least six months
  • are in Ontario on a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program
  • are a convention refugee or other protected person (as defined by Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada)
  • have a Temporary Resident Permit (only certain case types, e.g. 86 through 95)
  • are a clergy member who can legally stay in Canada and is ministering full time in Ontario for at least six months
Firstly I’m a tax abiding citizen so it’s not for free. Secondly, she needs to get into the country with a visitors visa which she has but know her pregnancy is noticible so that is what worries me more because they could send her back. Finally I did read the first part of qualification and she has to be physically present the 153 days (5.1 months) in the first 12 month period. It does not state they have to be consecutive days. I aske our MP that question also.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Firstly I’m a tax abiding citizen so it’s not for free. Secondly, she needs to get into the country with a visitors visa which she has but know her pregnancy is noticible so that is what worries me more because they could send her back. Finally I did read the first part of qualification and she has to be physically present the 153 days (5.1 months) in the first 12 month period. It does not state they have to be consecutive days. I aske our MP that question also.
There was no offence intented. You took that in the completely weong context so i apologize. im not going to continue this debate because clearly you wont hear what i have to tell you even though i went through it with my husband lol. As i said i wish you guys the best of luck. I had a baby 4 montha ago. Tell your wife to get some rest now if she still can and you get some too. Hope she landa in timw to get ohip.

As for the visitor visa it is specific types of temporary residents that qualify - again we went through this within the last 12 months and unfortunately the visitor visa doesnt qualify.

Again best of luck. Good night

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
Sorry if I said something wrong also. I do need peoples advice. To make sure that i was writing the right information about OHIP i called both OHIP and our MP (member of parliament). Both confirm what I was writing on this forum was correct. The only issue again for me is although my wife has a a Visitors Visa when she arrives is up to the immigration officer to decide whether she can come into the country. She has come to visit me during this PR process but this time she is visible pregnant and there is the possibility for the officer not to let her in the country.