Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
simple_guy said:
Yes, that's how fast it happened. I guess what threw me off is that the lady that interviewed me said that I would hear back from them in 2 weeks, I'm sure she meant
2 MONTHS but got confused. I'm hoping for the best, I can't wait to be with my wife, it's been too damn long without her.
If she said 2 weeks, then you should call just to make sure. There was someone in another topic who was waiting for the PPR and called and they told him "everything has been ready at the embassy for you for over a month you just need to go there with your passport" it's possible his letter got lost in the mail or something. lol But maybe just call to find out if anythings going on.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
agarand8 said:
If she said 2 weeks, then you should call just to make sure. There was someone in another topic who was waiting for the PPR and called and they told him "everything has been ready at the embassy for you for over a month you just need to go there with your passport" it's possible his letter got lost in the mail or something. lol But maybe just call to find out if anythings going on.
Do I have to go through my representative for that? I wasn't aware that I could call and ask, since on the first letter that they sent me they stated than on average it takes 6 months to process and then they say NOT TO CALL if 6 months haven't passed. I'm a bit apprehensive about calling them, don't want to piss anybody off.

Another thing is that one of my forms had a mistake, so I had to resend it and they received it on 03/07, maybe that has delayed the processing time.

Do Passport Requests come by e-mail or is it a physical letter?

What say you, should I maybe wait one more week then call?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
simple_guy said:
Do I have to go through my representative for that? I wasn't aware that I could call and ask, since on the first letter that they sent me they stated than on average it takes 6 months to process and then they say NOT TO CALL if 6 months haven't passed. I'm a bit apprehensive about calling them, don't want to piss anybody off.

Another thing is that one of my forms had a mistake, so I had to resend it and they received it on 03/07, maybe that has delayed the processing time.

Do Passport Requests come by e-mail or is it a physical letter?

What say you, should I maybe wait one more week then call?
Passport request will come in the physical mail, but if you call they should be able to tell you if they've sent it out yet.

Yes your document request probably delayed it but just with how fast your application was going it seemed like they should be done with it.

Calling won't piss anyone off unless you're calling everyday. You can also go online to check the status of your application. If you have a representative that works for you, get them to do it.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
I've tried to look it up online, but no information comes up, as if it hasn't even been registered into their system yet.

I tried with Application number and the UCI number and no go, it's weird.......

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
Quick question. Are the medical exams dealt with near the end of the process? We just got a request for new exams.. :(

Thanks!

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
agarand8 said:
Passport request will come in the physical mail, but if you call they should be able to tell you if they've sent it out yet.

Yes your document request probably delayed it but just with how fast your application was going it seemed like they should be done with it.

Calling won't piss anyone off unless you're calling everyday. You can also go online to check the status of your application. If you have a representative that works for you, get them to do it.
I understood you could not call the visa office to make an inquiry? Does it not say you need to come in person? :S

I have been just emailing them if I have a question (only a couple times) etc..

mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Include PR applicants full name, date of birth and the UCI. And send the email from the email address you provided in the application (again for the PR application, not the sponsor).

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
ZaCormyr said:
I understood you could not call the visa office to make an inquiry? Does it not say you need to come in person? :S

I have been just emailing them if I have a question (only a couple times) etc..

mexico-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Include PR applicants full name, date of birth and the UCI. And send the email from the email address you provided in the application (again for the PR application, not the sponsor).
Here's the actual quote from the first letter they sent me:

"Processing time applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 6 months to process at this office. However, in case of incompleteness or in complicated cases, processing times may take longer. If you have not received any instructions from this office after 6 months, you are requested to contact this office directly"

I guess I took that statement as "only call us if you haven't heard from us after 6 months" , but I could be completely wrong in my line of thinking.

Thanks for providing the email address for the inquiries, I think I will have to use it towards the end of next week if I don't hear anything from them.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simple_guy said:
Yes, that's how fast it happened. I guess what threw me off is that the lady that interviewed me said that I would hear back from them in 2 weeks, I'm sure she meant
2 MONTHS but got confused. I'm hoping for the best, I can't wait to be with my wife, it's been too damn long without her.
I don't want to get your hopes up only to make the wait more agonizing, but it may very well be a matter of weeks after they receive your updated form. At this point, it depends on how far along the background and security checks are (and her comments may mean that they are done). Hopefully they're indeed almost done and you'll be making space in your closets shortly.

It may be worth replying to the last e-mail you received from them (new doc request?) ~ 3 weeks after they received the corrected form and send them the tracking info for the document, tell them your understanding is that they received it on x date, and that your interviewer said you'd hear back in 2 weeks so you just wanted to make sure everything was on track and you didn't miss any communication from them.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
OhCanadiana said:
I don't want to get your hopes up only to make the wait more agonizing, but it may very well be a matter of weeks after they receive your updated form. At this point, it depends on how far along the background and security checks are (and her comments may mean that they are done). Hopefully they're indeed almost done and you'll be making space in your closets shortly.

It may be worth replying to the last e-mail you received from them (new doc request?) ~ 3 weeks after they received the corrected form and send them the tracking info for the document, tell them your understanding is that they received it on x date, and that your interviewer said you'd hear back in 2 weeks so you just wanted to make sure everything was on track and you didn't miss any communication from them.
I think I will follow your advice and email them. They received the updated form on March 7th so I guess it will not be in bad form if I just ask if they received it and I'm just making sure
I haven't missed any communication from them like you stated, it's been 3 weeks after all.

When I submitted my application it had everything except the PGR clearance document, so I'm hoping things will move along smoothly.

Thanks for the help and advice, much appreciated.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Can someone help me regarding police checks for outland application for my husband. I'm confused reading on this forum what he actually needs to send with our application hearing different views from different people. In the online guide for Mexico it says he will be notified when to go and get it and it doesn't need to to be sent with the initial application.
He lives just outside of Mexico city and has never been deported or lived in another country other than Mexico.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
tweetybird said:
Can someone help me regarding police checks for outland application for my husband. I'm confused reading on this forum what he actually needs to send with our application hearing different views from different people. In the online guide for Mexico it says he will be notified when to go and get it and it doesn't need to to be sent with the initial application.
He lives just outside of Mexico city and has never been deported or lived in another country other than Mexico.
I live in Juarez, Mexico and I had to receive a letter from the Canadian Embassy Immigration to be able to got to my local PGR ( Procuradoria Regional de la Republica ) and ask for said document,
it was the last document that I had to submit. I think it will be the same situation for your husband.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
simple_guy said:
I live in Juarez, Mexico and I had to receive a letter from the Canadian Embassy Immigration to be able to got to my local PGR ( Procuradoria Regional de la Republica ) and ask for said document,
it was the last document that I had to submit. I think it will be the same situation for your husband.
Thank you! What should we put on the checklist. Leave it blank?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tweetybird said:
Mexico is an exception to the rule that police certificates need to be sent upfront, since you can't order them without an official request from the Canadian Embassy. So, you don't need to include it in your application (I'd include a print out of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp as a reminder for the person in CPC-M who processes your application to avoid confusion).

On the checklist, write something along the lines of Per CIC instructions, will submit it upon request from the Embassy of Canada in Mexico.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Thank you for your great advice!

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
simple_guy said:
Here's the actual quote from the first letter they sent me:

"Processing time applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 6 months to process at this office. However, in case of incompleteness or in complicated cases, processing times may take longer. If you have not received any instructions from this office after 6 months, you are requested to contact this office directly"

I guess I took that statement as "only call us if you haven't heard from us after 6 months" , but I could be completely wrong in my line of thinking.

Thanks for providing the email address for the inquiries, I think I will have to use it towards the end of next week if I don't hear anything from them.
I suppose it depends on what type of communication you request in the application? We chose email. What did you select?

For everyone: Are the medical exams checked near the end of the process? Or does it depend on when the agent decides to do it? Thanks