+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

susana

Nov 4, 2008
@ cbn cdn:

If you are applying for PR you don't need to apply for a temporary visa, just send the documents requested by the Visa Officer,in your case is the ARC and fees. They might request more documents later on, as PC and RIght of landing fee if is not paid already.

Your answer to both is NO, TRV is only for people from not exempt visa countries requesting Work permits, study permits and visitor status.

Susana

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have done several applications at the Canadian Visa Office in Mexico city and the average processing times have been from six to ten months, (this one was the longest as documents got lost on the mail), is one of the fastess VO around the world.

Due to the strike, processing times are longer, sadly there is nothing we can do about it. As you can see, they are working on applications even though they are on strike.

@ Mark_kar:I don't see anything wrong with Mexican Nationals working in your applications do you believe that because they are not Canadians they cannot understand Immigration Law and regulations? Really? Your comment is a little racist, you are married to a Mexican National, does she understand your values? The delay on your application has nothing to do with it.

Some cases take longer due to different circumstances, if your spouse is a failed refugee, expect delays, why? Firts, they need to make sure he/she did not married in order to get the PR, second, if they were deported, the ARc needs to be approved.

I understand how you feel, The wait seems like is forever,and longer if families are apart, but believe me, are other visa offices who take almost two years to approve a Family Class application, Manila, New Dehli and many more. Patience is a virtue, and now with the strike you need it the most.

Your families future is on the Visa Officer's decision, if you keep sending requests and complaints, your case will take longer as they will open your file and set up a new date to open it again. Why ? Immigration officers work with "agendas" on your files, they open your file, review if your application is complete, and then set up a date in the system to open your file again to send you the AOR. Then again, set up another date to open your file to review if you sent the documents they requested and so on. Timelines are set up for every step on your files.

Yes, applications for visitors are faster, main reason, they don't need to do a background check, with a Permanent Residency application takes longer, as the background checks are done in two different levels.

Visitor's visas for spouses are rejected for different reasons, the most important one is due to lack of funds or because the person requested the visa cannot prove she/he will be back to their country of origen at the end of the time she/he is allowed to be in Canada, yes, she /he is married to a Canadian but she/he is still a foreign national and needs to prove she has a value reason to be back to Mexico and will not overstay after the end of their TRV. As per the regulayions, if is the onus of the applicant to prove she/he has ties in their country of origen, it doesn't matter if she/she is married or not to a Canadian Citizen.

Filling a strong application for a Visitor's visa for a spouse makes a difference in the outcome as well. Filling the application is not always enough.

Many of you applied a few months ago, lets wait for the strike to be over so applications get processed within the timelines. The backlog is now six months due to the strike, let's be patience.

Good luck to all ,

Susana

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
susana said:

@ Mark_kar:I don't see anything wrong with Mexican Nationals working in your applications do you believe that because they are not Canadians they cannot understand Immigration Law and regulations? Really? Your comment is a little racist, you are married to a Mexican National, does she understand your values? The delay on your application has nothing to do with it........
Calling the concern racist is going too far, and the suggestion is belied by the fact you point out, that some of us are married to Mexican nationals. Therefore, it is not racism that provokes the comment as we are clearly showing that we love our spouses by being with them throughout this ordeal.

Asking if his wife understands his values suggests that you may recognize that there is a difference in values, and that is exactly what some of us are concerned about.

Is it racist to notice that certain countries have more corruption than others? That is a prime concern about foreign nationals making decisions about visas and permanent residency: in a culture of corruption, it's difficult to trust the process, and any Mexican would tell you the same thing because they themselves don't trust their own system and certainly not their own bureaucrats.

In my experience, those Mexicans (and there are many) who share values similiar to Canadians are those who hate the corruption, lack of punctuality, lack of willingness to take responsibility. So I'm sure the poster and his wife share such values, but both recognize the danger of having the ones who don't making decisions about the ones who do.

I found your post informative otherwise, and as you mention you have actually worked on applications at the Mexico City office, you are clearly well-informed about the process. Perhaps you would keep us posted and help us to be patient!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
susana said:
@ cbn cdn:

If you are applying for PR you don't need to apply for a temporary visa, just send the documents requested by the Visa Officer,in your case is the ARC and fees. They might request more documents later on, as PC and RIght of landing fee if is not paid already.

Your answer to both is NO, TRV is only for people from not exempt visa countries requesting Work permits, study permits and visitor status.

Susana
Dear Susana.

Thank you for your response.

With regards to the ARC, my wife and I called an Immigration law firm and they confirmed that the principal applicant have to apply for an ARC with a TRV, because our VO (Rome) does not have a specific ARC form on their website, so instead they process the ARC with the TRV on the regular basis.

At the beginning we were confused, but the Law office clarified our concern. We have been posting our concerns in other topics thru this website looking for people who has/had applied for ARC thru Rome VO, but no luck until now.

Thank you again,

Colombian Canadian

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
HAPPIEST DAY OF OUR LIVES. WE GOT PPR TODAY. How long does it take for the visa to be issued? Anyone recently received their visa? Passport should be in mexico by wed next week.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
costacro said:
HAPPIEST DAY OF OUR LIVES. WE GOT PPR TODAY. How long does it take for the visa to be issued? Anyone recently received their visa? Passport should be in mexico by wed next week.
Woohoo! Another one! This is so great! Congratulations, costacro!! :D

What is your timeline, if you don't mind?

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
Woohoo! Another one! This is so great! Congratulations, costacro!! :D

What is your timeline, if you don't mind?

I still cant believe it!!! Were so happy sent our app aug 2012. Sponsor approval in october/2012. But our file never got transfered to mexico so they had to re transfer it and it was received in mexico end of january 2013. In feb 2013 aor. And they asked for arc in april 2013. And end of august for remeds.
I also want to thank everyone on here esp this thread. Honestly i would log into here daily to get the patience and strength to continue. Our journey was soo long and our story was a bit complicated. But we are finally going to be together again

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
costacro said:
I still cant believe it!!! Were so happy sent our app aug 2012. Sponsor approval in october/2012. But our file never got transfered to mexico so they had to re transfer it and it was received in mexico end of january 2013. In feb 2013 aor. And they asked for arc in april 2013. And end of august for remeds.
I also want to thank everyone on here esp this thread. Honestly i would log into here daily to get the patience and strength to continue. Our journey was soo long and our story was a bit complicated. But we are finally going to be together again
Woohoo thats awesome congratulations !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
costacro said:
Thank you!!! All the sleepless nights and rivers of tears and all the patience. It will all be finally over !
I know most feel awesome to finally be over wit this nightmare !!!! ;D its good to know they are working on files !!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
congratssss!!!

2 in one week
go mexico!! someone must have sent them a bottle of tequila as a bribe!! lol i wish it was that easy haha
:)

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Congraaats!!! That's just great :D.

With this the hope of all us taht still in the process gets bigger. See this is going to be over one day ;D

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Thank you!!! It is really good to know they are working in files, i am very pleased with mexican visa office not just because we got ppr but even from before and everything. No conplaints. I hope everyone gets positive feedback soon!! God bless

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
costacro said:
Thank you!!! It is really good to know they are working in files, i am very pleased with mexican visa office not just because we got ppr but even from before and everything. No conplaints. I hope everyone gets positive feedback soon!! God bless
Hey :) yay congrats!!! we got PPR 2 days ago and it says in the email that it will take about 2 weeks for the passport to get back :)