Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
LeisaP said:
well the first time we sent an email, we sent it through our gmail instead of the link on the website so they didn't answer.
second time I put in my info instead of my husbands (he is the applicant) so they wouldn't release any info.
so finally the third time I emailed them with his info and they wrote back about 3 weeks later.

sometimes they write back fast within a couple days and other times it could be a couple weeks

we sent a few more emails throughout the process and it was about 8-14 days average to hear something back.

Yeah it would be nice not to get an interview, but the mexico city interviews don't seem to be too bad anyways most people that got them got approved the same day! so it seemed like it sped up the process for them!
:p
They actually ignore you if you're making an enquiry as the sponsor and not the applicant?!? But isn't "sponsor" an option in one of the drop-down menus of the enquiry page???

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
bttmntl said:
They actually ignore you if you're making an enquiry as the sponsor and not the applicant?!? But isn't "sponsor" an option in one of the drop-down menus of the enquiry page???
when i used my info they told me. you are not the applicant so we cant release any info to you.
so i had to send another email using my spouses info instead and from his email since thats the one they had on file.

i dunno why they do that though.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Frida19 said:
That´s the thing I dont understand can they still refuse applications in the embassy ? & did they already ask ur husand for his passport ?, I just want to the AOR already :p
what do you mean, can they still refuse applications in the embassy?

thats where all the applications are either approved or denied...

the step one approval is only saying that yes the canadian is actually canadian, has no criminal record is the right age and no debt and are physicallhy allowed to sponsor someone from another country... but as for the whole process its all decided at the embassy to see if the other person is allowed to come to canada and if the relationship is actually real or not...

not yet , my husband was a failed refugee so he needed an ARC to return to canada, so we are waiting for the ppr still. the arc takes a bit longer to approve.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
LeisaP said:
what do you mean, can they still refuse applications in the embassy?

thats where all the applications are either approved or denied...

the step one approval is only saying that yes the canadian is actually canadian, has no criminal record is the right age and no debt and are physicallhy allowed to sponsor someone from another country... but as for the whole process its all decided at the embassy to see if the other person is allowed to come to canada and if the relationship is actually real or not...

not yet , my husband was a failed refugee so he needed an ARC to return to canada, so we are waiting for the ppr still. the arc takes a bit longer to approve.
I was a failed refugee too , I lived in Canada for 5 years but at the time I came back I was under age , I left Canada when they told me too and my parents bought the plain tickets ... do I still need that ARC???

thank u

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Frida19 said:
I was a failed refugee too , I lived in Canada for 5 years but at the time I came back I was under age , I left Canada when they told me too and my parents bought the plain tickets ... do I still need that ARC???

thank u
Hey! Ya u willl still need an arc. Another guy that used to be on here and is already landed in canada. He was in canada as a rufgee under age aswell and went back to mexico underage. They still asked him for an arc even though his parents were the one that took him there as refugee. But his arc only took 2 months to process so thats good!

rachelleds

Apr 1, 2013
Ok so my hubby is being totally paranoid because our paper work has taken so long. I want to reassure him that everything is ok. So here is my question, does anyone know if immigration was planning to deny your application would they have made us redo our medicals and even bother asking for the pgr certificate. They have been waiting a year for us to turn in the certificate to them. I want to believe that if they were planning on denying our application they would have done so already. No? Any thoughts? I really want to put my husbands and now my mind at ease. lol.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
LeisaP said:
Hey! Ya u willl still need an arc. Another guy that used to be on here and is already landed in canada. He was in canada as a rufgee under age aswell and went back to mexico underage. They still asked him for an arc even though his parents were the one that took him there as refugee. But his arc only took 2 months to process so thats good!
Oh I didn´t knew I was going to need that ??? & if they dont believe the relationship is real they call u in for an interview , before the application is denied ? ,Im so nervous about that my husband and I send emails since 2011 - 2012 , lots of pictures of us and wit our families ,pictures of trips we took together , plain tickets of when he came to mexicoand our parents wrotte letters but we are worried maybe that was not enought evidence .. do you think it was enought ?

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Frida19 said:
Oh I didn´t knew I was going to need that ??? & if they dont believe the relationship is real they call u in for an interview , before the application is denied ? ,Im so nervous about that my husband and I send emails since 2011 - 2012 , lots of pictures of us and wit our families ,pictures of trips we took together , plain tickets of when he came to mexico , our parents wrotte letters & recip of western union cuz he sends me money but we are worried maybe that was not enought evidence .. do you think it was enought ?

Mar 31, 2012
Hi I am so sorry to be posting on your page, i don't know where to go to ask Mr. Quorax a question. Please advice. And again sorry for seeming rude. Thanks

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
rachelleds said:
Ok so my hubby is being totally paranoid because our paper work has taken so long. I want to reassure him that everything is ok. So here is my question, does anyone know if immigration was planning to deny your application would they have made us redo our medicals and even bother asking for the pgr certificate. They have been waiting a year for us to turn in the certificate to them. I want to believe that if they were planning on denying our application they would have done so already. No? Any thoughts? I really want to put my husbands and now my mind at ease. lol.
why does he think he will get denied?
does he think you didn't provide enough evidence or does he have something on his police records that could cause them to red flag him ?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Frida19 said:
Oh I didn´t knew I was going to need that ??? & if they dont believe the relationship is real they call u in for an interview , before the application is denied ? ,Im so nervous about that my husband and I send emails since 2011 - 2012 , lots of pictures of us and wit our families ,pictures of trips we took together , plain tickets of when he came to mexicoand our parents wrotte letters but we are worried maybe that was not enought evidence .. do you think it was enought ?
Yeah they will ask for an interview or more evidence before denying you.
ive seen people get approved with very little evidence, its all about quality not quantity.
if you were looking at your evidence as a complete stranger, does it seem sufficient for you to believe the relationship is true?
if yes. you have nothing to worry about

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Helenofthewest said:
Hi I am so sorry to be posting on your page, i don't know where to go to ask Mr. Quorax a question. Please advice. And again sorry for seeming rude. Thanks
who is Mr.quorax?

rachelleds

Apr 1, 2013
LeisaP said:
why does he think he will get denied?
does he think you didn't provide enough evidence or does he have something on his police records that could cause them to red flag him ?
No his record came out clean and I think we provided enough evidence. Plus I mean we've been married 4 years and have a daughter so I think that is proof enough lol. I think he is just worried that his officer will have a bad day or something and deny him. I told him they can't do that. But now he has me wondering. So thats why I want to know from people experience if they would have made us go through all these hoops if they were going to do it. I think denials happen closer to the begining or middle of the process not the end right? So far I know the pgr is the very last step and they've been waiting a year for ours so they;ve had plenty of time to look over all the other stuff we submitted. Do you think I'm right?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
rachelleds said:
No his record came out clean and I think we provided enough evidence. Plus I mean we've been married 4 years and have a daughter so I think that is proof enough lol. I think he is just worried that his officer will have a bad day or something and deny him. I told him they can't do that. But now he has me wondering. So thats why I want to know from people experience if they would have made us go through all these hoops if they were going to do it. I think denials happen closer to the begining or middle of the process not the end right? So far I know the pgr is the very last step and they've been waiting a year for ours so they;ve had plenty of time to look over all the other stuff we submitted. Do you think I'm right?
It doesn't seem to me that they would deny you.
And I don't think you should be worried about the officers having a bad day, even if they do, they still have certain standards to maintain and rules to follow. yes they have the choice to deny you, but they need to have a really valid reason, they wont deny you for something that's not legit. your husband shouldn't worry about that!! :)

usually the police certificates and medical redos are asked for after the relationship evidence is already looked at. so if they didn't have enough evidence they would have asked for it before ur police checks or at the same time as them.

I think you will get approved, you just have to be patient.
I know a few people who have taken close to a year to process, because of silly delays, and still get approved, just their case takes a bit longer.

tell your husband to just be patient, his time is coming, they just seem to be working a bit slower than usual lately.
:)

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
LeisaP said:
It doesn't seem to me that they would deny you.
And I don't think you should be worried about the officers having a bad day, even if they do, they still have certain standards to maintain and rules to follow. yes they have the choice to deny you, but they need to have a really valid reason, they wont deny you for something that's not legit. your husband shouldn't worry about that!! :)

usually the police certificates and medical redos are asked for after the relationship evidence is already looked at. so if they didn't have enough evidence they would have asked for it before ur police checks or at the same time as them.

I think you will get approved, you just have to be patient.
I know a few people who have taken close to a year to process, because of silly delays, and still get approved, just their case takes a bit longer.

tell your husband to just be patient, his time is coming, they just seem to be working a bit slower than usual lately.
:)
I agree with you LeisaP,

I have faith in the integrity of our officers but I think Mexicans can't say the same...which is why I think her husband feels like that!