Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
im not sure about the finger prints thing but im sure you can ask for an extension to get the papers

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Thanks @OhCanadiana and @Eduram

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
MattElderfield said:
Hey everyone have a problem i hope you can help with with????
Me and my Wife are doing the Family sponsorship from outside of Canada. We just completed our PRG and SSP police reports and sent them in. Now we just got an email back asking us for a Police report from BOLIVIA. Apparently it asked for it in the first email asking for our PRG and SSP police reports. It is there but it was very unclear. It said
2. Bolivia for you. Please visit the following website in order to obtain more information:
www .cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/bolivia.asp
I looked at this website and it is saying ether go to Bolivia or send a letter asking for the reports. They gave us untill the 28th of February to do it and it is the 25th of February!!!!!! It says if we send a letter we need a set of fingerprints. Where can my wife obtain a set of fingerprints?? She had some done to obtain her PRG police report, are we able to get a copy of them??
Please help we are Freaking out. It has already been a long process and now with this they might reject our application.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need to get a copy of her fingerprints in Guadalajara??????
You can get finger prints at your local PGR office. they usually wont charge you for it.
also they do finger prints at the local PGJ office. they usually dont charge either, but when we went we had a hard time, they kept asking for a bribe unfortunatly. it was a struggle. so we went back to the PGR office and told them the PGJ wouldnt give it to us, so the main person in charge at the PGR gave us the prints for free :)

hope that helps!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
oh and yes u can ask for an extension in a case specific enquiry.
just explain to them what is going on and tell them you are in the process of getting the Bolivia certificate etc. so they know

MattElderfield

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks LeisaP but it doesn't make sense why they would need one from there. My wife is not a resident or a citizen or has a visa from Bolivia, She just traveled around Bolivia and Peru for 6 months a long time ago. What would they need a police report for from there. And how would Bolivia even give it to us. They are not going to care cause she is not a citizen or resident or anything. Im really freaking out about this and it doesn't make sense and Immigration office that we have been getting our emails from takes forever to answer back.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
MattElderfield said:
Thanks LeisaP but it doesn't make sense why they would need one from there. My wife is not a resident or a citizen or has a visa from Bolivia, She just traveled around Bolivia and Peru for 6 months a long time ago. What would they need a police report for from there. And how would Bolivia even give it to us. They are not going to care cause she is not a citizen or resident or anything. Im really freaking out about this and it doesn't make sense and Immigration office that we have been getting our emails from takes forever to answer back.
The embassy usually wants a police certificate from every place you have been to for 6 months or more. Since you were 18. Since they ask for the police check. I would try to get it anyways. Try contacting the bolivia police. And tell them your situation and ask them for it. They could be helpful. Or not. Who knows. But you definatly need to try and get it if she was in bolivia and the embassy asked for it. Was she there for 6 months or more? Or did she write that on her application?

MattElderfield

Feb 25, 2013
shes telling me it was traveling peru and bolivia machupicchu, cusco, sucre, la paz, lima
back and forth
from one to another
around like 4 months in bolivia 2 in peru or somethng like that

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
MattElderfield said:
She traveled around Bolivia and Peru for 6 months, 3 in Peru and 3 in Bolivia
Hmm. Thats a bit odd. Since usually they would only ask if your in a country for more than 6 months. :S

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MattElderfield said:
If your wife didn't live in Bolivia for over 6 months (after she turned 18 years old), this may be a misunderstanding.

Send in a case specific enquiry to the Embassy (or reply to the e-mail they sent you) explaining that she didn't live in Bolivia and she only visited there from x date to y date. Tell them you'll do your best to get them if necessary but you wanted to confirm that it wasn't a misunderstanding and ask them to let you know either way. Also, double check the application to make sure the dates are clear in the application where she would have listed the time period she was traveling around Bolivia and Peru and if anything isn't clear update the form and attach it to the case specific enquiry or e-mail.

In your note, consider including a reference to the instructions:
Code:
If you and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens have to provide:

a valid police certificate, or
    police clearance, or
    record of no information.

These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

If you keep the message respectful, concise, and make your (relevant to the application) question very clear, the Embassy usually responds in a week or so (I've even seen a matter of minutes but don't count on it).

In parallel, consider starting the process to get the police certificates (they may need them to disambiguate your wife's info from someone with her same name and bio data who has a record) just in case so you don't slow things down if they do need it. The instructions are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/bolivia.asp. Note there are 2 certificates required for Bolivia. Usually you can still get the police certificates even if you aren't a citizen or resident (e.g., you can get the PGR and SSP certificates even if you are a foreigner, same for FBI, etc).

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
I havent been on the forum for ages but just wanted to let everyone know that we received our PPR last wednesday and my fiance will be landing this wednesday at 10am !! I want to thank all the awesome people here for all the support over the last year and a half and also want to wish all those waiting all my best and keep the faith its a long process with an amazing reward at the end !

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmymexi said:
I havent been on the forum for ages but just wanted to let everyone know that we received our PPR last wednesday and my fiance will be landing this wednesday at 10am !! I want to thank all the awesome people here for all the support over the last year and a half and also want to wish all those waiting all my best and keep the faith its a long process with an amazing reward at the end !

Congratulations!!!

MattElderfield

Feb 25, 2013
Thank everyone for the help Ill do what I can and hope that this doesn't mean rejection of our application because it is so close to the end it would hurt bad if we had to start over again.