Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Well said :)

There's several steps to an application - assessing relationship, background check, security check, possible validating documents - which all have to be completed before the decision can be taken and a PR issued. Depending on each person's specific situation each step can take a varying amount of time and the visa can't be issued until they are all done.

Hope for the best but brace yourself for a wait so you aren't disappointed and instead are thrilled when it arrives.
yes, I've heard this quite a few times...I just get confused because there doesnt really seem to be a process...start to finish...why would someone get haulted 3/4 of the way and someone else receive their final PPR?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
yes, I've heard this quite a few times...I just get confused because there doesnt really seem to be a process...start to finish...why would someone get haulted 3/4 of the way and someone else receive their final PPR?
I actually think it's the opposite - they DON'T 'halt' the PPR for the applicant once they finish up the assessment. IRPA establishes the various requirements that need to be met before a visa is issued so all those elements must be completed prior to issuing. If one applicant gets their PPR faster, it just means CIC and their partners haven't finished up the assessment for the one that is still in process whereas they have for the other one - nothing more, nothing less.

For example, what may seem like that to you from the outside (since they don't necessarily request additional information) may just be extended background or security checks ongoing. Remember, CIC relies on external partners for security and background checks and the timing can vary significantly.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
I actually think it's the opposite - they DON'T 'halt' the PPR for the applicant once they finish up the assessment. IRPA establishes the various requirements that need to be met before a visa is issued so all those elements must be completed prior to issuing. If one applicant gets their PPR faster, it just means CIC and their partners haven't finished up the assessment for the one that is still in process whereas they have for the other one - nothing more, nothing less.

For example, what may seem like that to you from the outside (since they don't necessarily request additional information) may just be extended background or security checks ongoing. Remember, CIC relies on external partners for security and background checks and the timing can vary significantly.
Thanks for the explanation...and sorry for all the anxiety...its been a long time for us...we have been waiting for this for 3.5 years...and although we just started this process in October, it is emotionally taxing. i have looked here almost daily for updates and to read stories that may somehow be similair to mine, with that said I really dont know people's details so I'm not sure how similair our cases are. when we originally sent in the info..we sent everything, including full payment...I was caught off guard with the police request because as i had mentioned at an earlier date...she actuallt got one and sent it in initially...regardless, we have sent in the police report (both that were required) and have been waiting. I guess some might say we were a little lucky because we originally sent in the file October 5th and by November 2nd, they were already processing the application...a few days later Medical reports were received and then December 27th the police reports were received...all that seemed to be pretty quick and smooth...which is why I hope it continues that way! so yesterday when saw daveks comments it startled me...why have things all of a sudden slow down?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
Thanks for the explanation...and sorry for all the anxiety...its been a long time for us...we have been waiting for this for 3.5 years...and although we just started this process in October, it is emotionally taxing. i have looked here almost daily for updates and to read stories that may somehow be similair to mine, with that said I really dont know people's details so I'm not sure how similair our cases are. when we originally sent in the info..we sent everything, including full payment...I was caught off guard with the police request because as i had mentioned at an earlier date...she actuallt got one and sent it in initially...regardless, we have sent in the police report (both that were required) and have been waiting. I guess some might say we were a little lucky because we originally sent in the file October 5th and by November 2nd, they were already processing the application...a few days later Medical reports were received and then December 27th the police reports were received...all that seemed to be pretty quick and smooth...which is why I hope it continues that way! so yesterday when saw daveks comments it startled me...why have things all of a sudden slow down?
No need to apologize. It's par for the course, unfortunately, to be nervous during the process. You've got to try to capture the positive energy from the times it goes well and hope it . Hopefully you hear soon. And, in the meantime, use that energy to clean out space in your closets and get the house ready for her :)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Is it normal to send the SSP police check to Citizenship and Immigration and then again to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico after they request the PGR police check?

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Dazz13 said:
sent everything means what? are you just starting or did you mean police report?
I meant the police reports.

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Yes, unfortunately comparing timelines with others doesn't really help. @Dazz, looking at your timeline, you sent in your application after us, got sponsorship approval after us, and yet you got your AOR from Mex before us.

The wait is hard... and I find sometimes this forum makes it even harder when you read about other people seemingly jumping ahead of the "lineup" - likewise it is difficult and scary to read about the delays and problems a lot of people have gone through.

But even so, it is nice to know that other people are in the same situation! Which is why I come by read the forum all the time :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Is it normal to send the SSP police check to Citizenship and Immigration and then again to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico after they request the PGR police check?
Did the Canadian Embassy ask you to resend it to them? If so, when did you get the first one and when did CIC receive it?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Did the Canadian Embassy ask you to resend it to them? If so, when did you get the first one and when did CIC receive it?
I haven't actually made it that far yet. We got the SSP and sent it along with our application within a month. It just seems like some people have been sending both the SSP and the PGR to the Embassy and I wonder why?

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Dazz13 said:
OhCanadiana or whoever can answer...

how is it possible that a person who has sent in their police report in October hasnt heard anything but 3 people that submitted their police reports in early December have received their PPR last week? can anyone explain this?

earlier today davek said "I am still waiting my wife and my time line are almost the same as Itscozey. We sent our police reports in late October and still nothing. We were told about 2 months from then give or take by our lawyer. Don't get discourage yet. "

did they already do all the other necessary paperwork...this really scares me and doesnt make sense??? I was thinking I'm close but now it doesnt necessarily appear that way...anyone?
Hey Dazz,
I personally think another reason why ours is moving along a lot faster is they requested an interview for us Nov.20th as our evidence was not sufficient for them. The same day of the interview they "approved" us in a way and said they believe our relationship and were just waiting for the extra police checks of our daughter (she turned 18 the week before) They printed out a request for her to get the PGR and SSP checks done. We did those and sent those in Dec.14th (My spouses were sent in though Nov.20th at the interview)....
I think our process would have been MUUUUCH longer if it weren't for that interview.

But like the others said it's not so much when your documents are received it's them looking through your evidence and taking sufficient time to make their decision.

I feel for you though, I watched several other applicants receive their Sponsorship approvals at around 30 days, when the estimated time was 90 days (I received mine on Day.90) It sucks! Hang in there, the journey will be complete soon.

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
itscoezy said:
Hey Dazz,
I personally think another reason why ours is moving along a lot faster is they requested an interview for us Nov.20th as our evidence was not sufficient for them. The same day of the interview they "approved" us in a way and said they believe our relationship and were just waiting for the extra police checks of our daughter (she turned 18 the week before) They printed out a request for her to get the PGR and SSP checks done. We did those and sent those in Dec.14th (My spouses were sent in though Nov.20th at the interview)....
I think our process would have been MUUUUCH longer if it weren't for that interview.

But like the others said it's not so much when your documents are received it's them looking through your evidence and taking sufficient time to make their decision.

I feel for you though, I watched several other applicants receive their Sponsorship approvals at around 30 days, when the estimated time was 90 days (I received mine on Day.90) It sucks! Hang in there, the journey will be complete soon.
If this helps, I will say that I had TO wait 3 months for sponsorship And then 3 months more for the request of the Police Clearance), I didnt get any acknowledgment of my file transferred to Mexico City or anything like that... After they asked me for the police clearances, then, I traveled to Mexico City (from Canada) to get the PGR and SSP and was an excuse too to spend Christmas with the family ( I let the embassy know about it), then, it took me another 2 months to send my PGR and SSP because I didn't know I need a letter from the embassy of Canada directed to the PGR in other to get this one ( I didn't know about this because CIC knew I was already living in Canada, so they assumed that I wasn't going to Mexico and therefore I just had to send my set of fingerprinting in other to get my PGR).. so anyway, I had to wait until the embassy send me that letter to finally go and get it, that's why it took my 2 months since the day They require my police certificates...

Then, after I finally submited my PGR and SSP it took me 23 day until they asked me for my PPR. I don't know if did help that my husband and I were already living together since the day of our marriage (4 months ago since I submited my application to CIC in Mexico City, but he and I did lots of things together since before because I was already living in Canada with a work permit, since 2 years before...so we had pictures with me with his family in Thanksgiving and all those things and he was on pics with my family because he traveled with me to Mexico in Christmas of 2011, so I guess our relationship seemed to be really genuine, although let me tell you we didn't do any wedding or reception, we just went to sign to the Comissioner house, not even his parents were present... of course we explained why we couldn't make the wedding.
Let me tell u something I never never was sending e-mails to the embassy asking for ANYtHING except for that silly letter for the PGR, I was just waiting and waiting and letting things go that way because I knew they had to contact me.

Well, I just wanted to share a little bit about my case, maybe this helps a bit if you compare with your case, if any questions let me know!!
Regards,
Sylvana!!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Sylvana said:
If this helps, I will say that I had TO wait 3 months for sponsorship And then 3 months more for the request of the Police Clearance), I didnt get any acknowledgment of my file transferred to Mexico City or anything like that... After they asked me for the police clearances, then, I traveled to Mexico City (from Canada) to get the PGR and SSP and was an excuse too to spend Christmas with the family ( I let the embassy know about it), then, it took me another 2 months to send my PGR and SSP because I didn't know I need a letter from the embassy of Canada directed to the PGR in other to get this one ( I didn't know about this because CIC knew I was already living in Canada, so they assumed that I wasn't going to Mexico and therefore I just had to send my set of fingerprinting in other to get my PGR).. so anyway, I had to wait until the embassy send me that letter to finally go and get it, that's why it took my 2 months since the day They require my police certificates...

Then, after I finally submited my PGR and SSP it took me 23 day until they asked me for my PPR. I don't know if did help that my husband and I were already living together since the day of our marriage (4 months ago since I submited my application to CIC in Mexico City, but he and I did lots of things together since before because I was already living in Canada with a work permit, since 2 years before...so we had pictures with me with his family in Thanksgiving and all those things and he was on pics with my family because he traveled with me to Mexico in Christmas of 2011, so I guess our relationship seemed to be really genuine, although let me tell you we didn't do any wedding or reception, we just went to sign to the Comissioner house, not even his parents were present... of course we explained why we couldn't make the wedding.
Let me tell u something I never never was sending e-mails to the embassy asking for ANYtHING except for that silly letter for the PGR, I was just waiting and waiting and letting things go that way because I knew they had to contact me.

Well, I just wanted to share a little bit about my case, maybe this helps a bit if you compare with your case, if any questions let me know!!
Regards,
Sylvana!!
thank you Sylvana...yes, your comment is helpful to me.

actually, I will tell you a funny story also. we dated 18 yeags ago (actually this January is 18 years...but long distance was soo difficult back then so we split...but she was always the one for me)...3.5 years ago, while we were both already divorced we met again...after she found me on FB and then we spoke daily on messenger and phone). we actually got married last February in Cancun with both our families together...the funny thing was we did 2 kinds...1) Maya ceremony and 2) civil...the civil we had to pay somebody $1800 CDN to help arrange a judge and all the paperwork for us and...hola Mexico...we found out 2 months later it actually didnt work because the guy didnt do it properly so I went to Monterrey again in May and we did it at her house...finally was done correctly! we have seen each other approximately 1 week every month for 3.5 years...we have many photos of our families together and several trips we went on together with out kids (she has 3 and I have 2)! we submitted 50 photos...the first one was from 18 years ago...and then we started from when we saw each other again...us in NY, Hawaii, Whistler....and many other places...and then with our kids (7 of us together)...and then all of our families together in Mexico and Canada...

our process started really good...it took me less than 40 days to be approved for sponsoring her and the kids...and shortly after we received the message that the medical was received...then the request for police reports...they received them on December 27th...I guess in a way I am chiflado because I want this approval...and I pray we will get it...and soon...I have read soo many stories on here and several times I have felt very happy for all the other that got their Visa because I know how difficult it is to have your life on standby!

thanks again for responding to me Sylvana...and for sharing some of your story...I'm happy for you!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
itscoezy said:
Hey Dazz,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it!

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.