+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
I've been wondering about you. I'm glad you had a LONG visit - that is wonderful. Do you know what's going on with your case exactly?
The MP has confirmed that security screening for admissibility is still in process with CBSA, which we've discovered can average upwards of 9-18 months depending on the situation/countries/partners involved. Screening in our case is now hovering around the 17 months mark. We've done all we can do at this point. We're hanging in there and holding on to hope that a decision will be made this year. Nothing to do but wait. Thanks for your support everyone, and sorry I'm just now responding to PM's. Whenever we have news, I promise I'll come back and post. All the best!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
thanks Sylvana!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
So happy for the recent successes!!!!

Chuladaa said:
Sorry just seeing this I have not been online in a while. My situation is similar to LiesaP.
My husband is a failed refugee so thats why we had to wait for the ARC. We hope just a couple more weeks of waiting now.
Do all failed refugees need the ARC? I was under the impression you only need it if your departure order turned into a deportation order… my partner was a failed refugee and left the country when they told him to.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
BTW itscoezy and Sylvana - do you both have your cartilla liberada? Back in August OhCanadiana mentioned some people have been asked for it by the Embassy. Other people on the forum hadn't heard of that happening which seems to suggest it's extremely rare.

While I'm counting on us getting through with just the precartilla, it does worry me to think about what the future consequences could be... as technology gets more sophisticated and databases integrated, will my partner get in trouble with the law one day when his passport is scanned over there for a "vacation" back to his home town?

Yes, I am a worrier... but the stakes are pretty high.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
While I'm counting on us getting through with just the precartilla, it does worry me to think about what the future consequences could be... as technology gets more sophisticated and databases integrated, will my partner get in trouble with the law one day when his passport is scanned over there for a "vacation" back to his home town?

If he doesn't wrap up the process before he moves, he can complete it through the Mexican Embassy or Consulate closest to where you live.

Not sure where you'll live, but here's the link from the Mexican Embassy in Ottawa with their requirements: http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40:cartillamilitar&catid=5:principal&Itemid=85

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
bttmntl said:
BTW itscoezy and Sylvana - do you both have your cartilla liberada? Back in August OhCanadiana mentioned some people have been asked for it by the Embassy. Other people on the forum hadn't heard of that happening which seems to suggest it's extremely rare.

sorry I dont know anything about the "cartilla", as a woman they don't ask me for it

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
bttmntl said:
So happy for the recent successes!!!!
Do all failed refugees need the ARC? I was under the impression you only need it if your departure order turned into a deportation order... my partner was a failed refugee and left the country when they told him to.
I dont know forsure and it could change from case to case but from what I have seen on here other people have also been asked for the ARC as failed refugees even when they left when they were told to. So I would think you would be asked for it.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
I was just requested an Interview at the embassy and asked for a few supporting documents. Any advise on how to prepare and what questions might be asked?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eduram said:
I was just requested an Interview at the embassy and asked for a few supporting documents. Any advise on how to prepare and what questions might be asked?
Interviews can be either because they have questions on your relationship or for quality assurance reasons (ie. random).

For the first, I'd think through the details of my situation and where a stranger may have questions. If you share details of your story here or via PM, I'd be happy to give you an external perspective of some things to consider. The contents of the letter can also give you a hint.

If it's for QA, it's best to take originals of your documents so they can take a look at them (they would have asked for them).

The Canadian can also order a copy of your case notes which may give you a hint as to the reasoning for the interview, though they can take 30 days to be sent to you (so you may or may not have time to get them before the interview).

Overall, approach it as an opportunity to tell your story :)

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
bttmntl said:

I'm sure you won't have any problems. There was one person on the forums in the last year who was declined because the PGR said her husband couldn't get his PGR police check because he needed the cartilla liberada. Therefore, she couldn't submit all the paperwork required.

I haven't heard of anyone having any other problems though. We got through with just the Precartilla and everything was fine :)

GOodluck!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Interviews can be either because they have questions on your relationship or for quality assurance reasons (ie. random).

For the first, I'd think through the details of my situation and where a stranger may have questions. If you share details of your story here or via PM, I'd be happy to give you an external perspective of some things to consider. The contents of the letter can also give you a hint.

If it's for QA, it's best to take originals of your documents so they can take a look at them (they would have asked for them).

The Canadian can also order a copy of your case notes which may give you a hint as to the reasoning for the interview, though they can take 30 days to be sent to you (so you may or may not have time to get them before the interview).

Overall, approach it as an opportunity to tell your story :)
Thank you! Just sent you a PM

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Thanks for the answers, OhCanadiana, Sylvana, Chuladaa, itscoezy!

@OhCanadian: In other words we would have to get the precartilla and pickt he ball if that happens while he's still in Mexico... but if he's in Canada before then, he goes to the Embassy to do that stuff?

@Chuladaa: Do you have to wait for the Embassy to prompt you for ARC or is it something you can apply for proactively?

@Eduram: When is your interview???

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
bttmntl said:

@ OhCanadian: In other words we would have to get the precartilla and pickt he ball if that happens while he's still in Mexico... but if he's in Canada before then, he goes to the Embassy to do that stuff?

@ Chuladaa: Do you have to wait for the Embassy to prompt you for ARC or is it something you can apply for proactively?

@ Eduram: When is your interview???
The ARC is dealt within the context of your application and you don't need to file for it separately. You'll have to wait until they ask for it.

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
bttmntl said:

@ OhCanadian: In other words we would have to get the precartilla and pickt he ball if that happens while he's still in Mexico... but if he's in Canada before then, he goes to the Embassy to do that stuff?

@ Chuladaa: Do you have to wait for the Embassy to prompt you for ARC or is it something you can apply for proactively?

@ Eduram: When is your interview???
Well you can’t send it in until they ask you for it but you can certainly start preparing for it.
You will need copies of the refugee decision and reasons because they ask you to send that – If you don’t have the documents you can request copies from the refugee office where the refugee claim was filed.

You also have to write a letter and pay a $400 fee at the bank (which you will do when they ask you for it). They ask for “A letter explaining why there are special considerations which would justify your return to Canada and explaining why you did not leave Canada when you were ordered to do so” - they ask the same questions even when you did leave when you were supposed to.