11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
meeshy said:
Just looked at your timeline, you sent yours in January?! Whats been the hold up with your application?
Husband missed a signature in one of his forms so they asked him to resend it to Mississauga, that was in may so I´m guessing we were sent to the back of the line because our file was sent to Mexico City until Aug. Got my AOR from the VO on Oct 9th Then I had to redo my medicals and the VO asked for the sponsor´s questionnaire as well.

We are hitting the 11 mo. on saturday. Hope it all gets done soon.

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
meeshy said:
For sure Sylvana! Where are you in Mexico right now? Its good to see someone in a similar time frame that I can compare with! When did you send your application? I did send an email already just because Ecas hasnt updated but yes, like you ive decided these 2 weeks are a write off haha Fingers crossed!
[/]

yes, Im in Mexico city. They received my app on April 26 :/, in Oct they asked my for the ssp n PGR, but until December 10 they got the police clearances, so since that day I'm counting, this Monday will turn 3 weeks, let's see what happens, sometimes I kind of wanna get anxious but I just stay calm lol, and I think about many things I wanted before that I was waiting anxiously and that I already got them, so I just see how time goes so fast, so better enjoy the moment, these crazy moments, and When you are finally living in Canada you will remember this hard times laughing... Regards!!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Hang in there, everyone! Some of you are SO close!

After a mad "holiday" (preparing and editing the application 24/7) I finally mailed it to CIC.. I just realized the "to" field said "Citizenship and Immigration (spousal sponsorship application)"... instead of "CPC Missisauga". That name wasn't on the courier address on their web site... hoping it won't be a problem.

When I was at the Fed Ex today I zoned out for a second while the guy was preparing my package and when I "zoned in" again it hit me that all of the preparations were about to be out of our hands.. I almost cried!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Hang in there, everyone! Some of you are SO close!

After a mad "holiday" (preparing and editing the application 24/7) I finally mailed it to CIC.. I just realized the "to" field said "Citizenship and Immigration (spousal sponsorship application)"... instead of "CPC Missisauga". That name wasn't on the courier address on their web site... hoping it won't be a problem.

When I was at the Fed Ex today I zoned out for a second while the guy was preparing my package and when I "zoned in" again it hit me that all of the preparations were about to be out of our hands.. I almost cried!!!
Congratulations!!! Now comes the hard part - wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg................

Don't worry about the address. The courier company will deliver it to the address you listed and CPC-M is a CIC office. Once it's delivered spousal sponsorship will help them direct it to the right place.

May you get a very quick response!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations!!! Now comes the hard part - wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg................

Don't worry about the address. The courier company will deliver it to the address you listed and CPC-M is a CIC office. Once it's delivered spousal sponsorship will help them direct it to the right place.

May you get a very quick response!
Thanks, 'O.

By the way... what's your incentive for sticking around here and being so helpful. Have you ever told your story in full?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
BTW... after submitting your application did anyone wake up in the middle of the night - or the morning after - and think, "Oh crap, WTF is my generic application form doing on the coffee table!?!"

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
Eduram, Meeshy, Sylvana. We sent our requested info to the embassy on Dec 13 and it was received the next day. Just letting you know that we're floating in the same boat as you. If we hear anything, I'll let you know :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Thanks, 'O.

By the way... what's your incentive for sticking around here and being so helpful. Have you ever told your story in full?
My pleasure :)

Short version: I helped out with an application and ended up being intrigued by the process and hints that significant changes were coming. So, intellectual curiosity combined with ensuring I had accurate info to help folks who had turned into friends keeps me checking for Bulletins, etc.

I really hope it goes fast for you - very late and early in the year tends to have shorter waiting times for step 1, at least, since most people are distracted by the holidays so it should be promising :) Look forward to celebrating your approval.

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
Diamondude357 said:
Eduram, Meeshy, Sylvana. We sent our requested info to the embassy on Dec 13 and it was received the next day. Just letting you know that we're floating in the same boat as you. If we hear anything, I'll let you know :)

Thank you!!! thats sweet!!! HAPpY NEW 2013 TO everyone!! I WISH U SUCCESS, KEEP REACHING UR GOALS And NEVER STOP DREAMiNG =)!!

taschj

Jun 29, 2012
Thetford Mines
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012 (SENT TO CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
17-07-2012 (AOR CIC)
File Transfer...
17-08-2012 (AOR MEXICO)
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (MED. DONE)
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP !!!!
Re: Mexico --- arrival in canada : anything I should know ? what i need ?

Hi,

I will go to mexico (Tijuana) in 2 weeks for bringing my wife into canada.
She got her visa in december... We will live in Quebec... (I have my CSQ)

Do any body have any info & comments regarding the arrival ?
What documents are required on arrival ? Any advices ?
Anything special I should know ?

Thank you very much to every body on the forum...
And good luck to all !!!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Re: Mexico --- arrival in canada : anything I should know ? what i need ?

OhCanadiana said:
My pleasure :)

Short version: I helped out with an application and ended up being intrigued by the process and hints that significant changes were coming. So, intellectual curiosity combined with ensuring I had accurate info to help folks who had turned into friends keeps me checking for Bulletins, etc.
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. You must have been pretty inspired to stick around.

I really hope it goes fast for you - very late and early in the year tends to have shorter waiting times for step 1, at least, since most people are distracted by the holidays so it should be promising :) Look forward to celebrating your approval.
Thanks for the good wishes. One question though... when people say it took them 'about 6 months' are they referring to the stuff that happens at the visa office or the entire process? Looking at the processing times online, it looks like 13 months... are they just publishing that to cover themselves if it takes longer? I wonder if it's an average based on how long it takes to get through both really good and really bad applications...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Sylvana said:
Thank you!!! thats sweet!!! HAPpY NEW 2013 TO everyone!! I WISH U SUCCESS, KEEP REACHING UR GOALS And NEVER STOP DREAMiNG =)!!
Wooo, you too, Sylvana!!!

taschj said:
Hi,

I will go to mexico (Tijuana) in 2 weeks for bringing my wife into canada.
She got her visa in december... We will live in Quebec... (I have my CSQ)

Do any body have any info & comments regarding the arrival ?
What documents are required on arrival ? Any advices ?
Anything special I should know ?

Thank you very much to every body on the forum...
And good luck to all !!!
That's so exciting, taschj!

While I'm a relative newbie it seems odd that you didn't get any direction from Citizenship and Immigration or the Canadian Embassy in Mexico... did they say anything?

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Update - so my wife went to Mexico City on December 21st...did the last of her police work and went to the Embassy to drop off the papers...and...they dont accept any packages on Friday's...hahaha...so when she went home to Monterrey she had to courier them (I think with DHL). They should have received the documents on Thursday December 27th and we are now hopeful it won't take much longer...or that there will be any hiccups!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Dazz13 said:
Update - so my wife went to Mexico City on December 21st...did the last of her police work and went to the Embassy to drop off the papers...and...they dont accept any packages on Friday's...hahaha...so when she went home to Monterrey she had to courier them (I think with DHL). They should have received the documents on Thursday December 27th and we are now hopeful it won't take much longer...or that there will be any hiccups!
Dazz, welcome to the race to the finish! Yours joining Me, Eduram, Sylvana, and Diamondude357. We are all just waiting for the end!!!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
meeshy said:
Dazz, welcome to the race to the finish! Yours joining Me, Eduram, Sylvana, and Diamondude357. We are all just waiting for the end!!!
is this really the end? provided there is no issue with the police reports (and we know there aren't) does this mean PPR or could it still mean interview?

how long ago did you send in the police reports?

thanks for responding!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
Dazz13 said:
is this really the end? provided there is no issue with the police reports (and we know there aren't) does this mean PPR or could it still mean interview?

how long ago did you send in the police reports?

thanks for responding!
From what I´ve been reading from a few people and what OhC has been saying there´s still a chance of an interview but most likely if they didn´t ask for more proof of relationship when they asked for the police reports they won´t need an interview.

My last DHL was delivered on Dec 13th and I think a few of us sent everuthing in that week. They´re back to work today so I hope they start sending those PPR´s soon!!