+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
MP's office called to say receipt of background checks from third party still pending. Looking forward to some good news one of these days, but for now we are resigned to the wait.

@ Huron, hopefully your FBI is not too long coming. Sounds like the legalisation process is going to be quite the adventure. Good luck!
Sorry to hear about the wait for you guys....

concerning the legalisation process, the local Canadian consulate says one thing and the embassy in Mexico city says something else. One thing they did confirm was that it has to be done in person, can not be done by mail.......They did say that the document does not need to be translated and certified by the embassy to be considered legal in Canada but just certified......

(I know if I do not do the legalisation I will need it and if I do it I will not need it, it just always seems to turn out that way)

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
Huron said:
I have also been asked for FBI back ground check (UGH was not expecting it or I would have already done that) and have sent off the finger prints to the FBI in the USA but they have not charged my CC yet so I think I am in for a wait....
Huron, why is it that you weren't expecting to be asked for the FBI check? Is it because you lived there less than 6 months? I was surprised too when the embassy asked me for Baja California background check since I clearly stated that I lived there only 4 months. I asked the embassy -- by email -- whether it was a mistake and in about 10 days they replied by email to say that indeed I didn't need to get that one. So it seems they do admit mistakes, and maybe you could ask them?

By the way, after almost 4 months in Canada, things are going well. I'm working at a major bank on contract and we hope I can find something permanent soon, and we're moving into our own place in a great area in less than 2 weeks.

Cheers!

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
(I know if I do not do the legalisation I will need it and if I do it I will not need it, it just always seems to turn out that way)
@Huron: We must be living in a parallel universe ;)

@Nafta: glad to hear things are going so well for you in Canada!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTA.couple said:
Huron, why is it that you weren't expecting to be asked for the FBI check? Is it because you lived there less than 6 months? I was surprised too when the embassy asked me for Baja California background check since I clearly stated that I lived there only 4 months. I asked the embassy -- by email -- whether it was a mistake and in about 10 days they replied by email to say that indeed I didn't need to get that one. So it seems they do admit mistakes, and maybe you could ask them?

By the way, after almost 4 months in Canada, things are going well. I'm working at a major bank on contract and we hope I can find something permanent soon, and we're moving into our own place in a great area in less than 2 weeks.

Cheers!
never really lived in the US but had various extended visits but none of them longer than a few months. I guess if you add them all up, spent more than 6 mos in the US. That's why we were not expecting that. Glad to hear everything is going well for you there

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron, I havent been charged to my CC yet, FBI received my package Aug 06, it´s been more than a month, it takes more than I tought.

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Hi guys I was reading some post in this forum, and I see that I have to pay my RPRF and i was confused because I was thinking this payment was the same that my husband paid already before send my sponsor application, actually Vo requested when they sent me my AOR, and I e mailed them the copy where we paid 550 dls but We didnt for this RPRF.
so could you guys send me information how make this payment , It is 490 right??
I am nervious maybe this is the reason that Vo have not send me my PPR.!!!
Plase help I was really confused about it!!!
Thanks!!1

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think wooera is landing today ......

Good LUCk landing wooera and have a !Happy Birthday in Canada!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yaz said:
Huron you can dropp them from 9am to 1 pm!!!!
Just want to let everyone know that you can only drop stuff off from 9 am to 12 noon. I arrived at 12:20 to drop off my completed antecedentes penales and they would not let me in the building to drop off. So I will take it home and pay to courier it.

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
Just want to let everyone know that you can only drop stuff off from 9 am to 12 noon. I arrived at 12:20 to drop off my completed antecedentes penales and they would not let me in the building to drop off. So I will take it home and pay to courier it.
Sorry to hear that - what a drag! My hubby was always dropping things off first thing in the morning so I was not sure about the cut off time. But at least you have the documents in hand to send, which is a step in the right direction!

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi everybody sorry if it takes so long to write in here I was sooo bussy getting everything ready !! I'm in Canada now everything went great, but if I can told you a advise will be If you are doing connecting flights in Canada take your time !! It wasn't my case but I saw lost of families having a bad time for that. I was stock in migration for 4 hours because It was a lots of new immigrants but when it was my turn just took 10 minutes!!! I already have my SIN number, I apply for my health care and Im happy to be with my hubby finally!! hope everybody the best vibes!!!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Wooera, Glad to hear that you arrived in Canada and are happy with your husband....

I was wondering where and what time you landed to avoid that 4 hour wait......

M

mrandmrsromero

Medical is on verge of expiry. If I'm reading the GCMS notes right, the security "due date" (whatever that really means) for the file is 2011/11/10. I don't know whether to plan another trip to Mexico or hold off in the hope background checks will be completed soon. I really wish we had some ballpark understanding of the timing here -- so frustrating.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi Huron it was in Vancouver at 445 pm but believe me It was pack all the time !!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
I really wish we had some ballpark understanding of the timing here -- so frustrating.
I really really know what you mean. I would be nice to be able to plan some aspect of our lives...... everyone (Friends and Family) keeps asking us what we are doing for xmas....... all I can say is sand (beach) or snow we are not sure yet..... when I am pressed further I tell them to contact CIC....LOL

@ wooera thanks for the tip on YVR!

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
I've been noticing VO around the world are working very fast and people is getting their Visas in 3-4 months with no interview or any document request, (maybe just police record). I'm wondering if VO in Mexico is doing the same?????????????????????