+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

Heard back from the MP this morning. The VO advised the MP's office that they are awaiting receipt of final background checks (from a third party). Which is not exactly news, but at least it is confirmation.

The interesting thing is that on the same day the VO emailed the MP with this update; the VO also emailed us asking for the updated Schedule 1. So now my mind is busy analysing "what does that mean"? Did the MP's inquiry prompt the Schedule 1 update request? Is the updated Schedule 1 submission the last step before finalizing this crazy adventure or not? Will we end up having to redo medicals and police checks? OMG I hope not. I guess we are prime examples of why CIC gives an "average" processing time ...

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
@mrandmrsromero

Thank you so much for let it me know the address, I already sent the application and the wait begins again, 'cause this is my second application. I hope everything goes well and good luck to you and everyone in this forum!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ mrandmrsromero No not yet, I have asked him about it and he said he will "look" for it. I have also asked some of my neighbours and they have not seen it. If it does not arrive in a couple of weeks I will contact the Embassy. ( have to wait 60 days from mailing apparently)

@ Silly memo, how was the interview ? what happened? what did they ask ? Were they nice ?

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron: Yes the lady that interviewd me was nice, but she did not approbe our application because we applied as a congugal and in order to meet the requirements it has to be an exeptional immigration barrier to be together in both sides and well in our case I can not enter canada, I got an immigration barrier to be with my partner but not him, he can legally enter Mexico. At the end I was told she believed our relationship was genuine and we could get married or live togehter here in mexico.

I guess I´ll just wait for the rejection letter :-[ and do the next move

M

mrandmrsromero

@ Huron: well hopefully you don't have to wait much longer for the letter.

@ sillymemo: sorry to hear you were turned down but it sounds like you were given some options so best wishes for whatever you decide to do.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Silly memo I am sorry to hear that your application was denied. It is good that the interviewer was nice and that she believes that you relationship is true and you have the option of getting married.

Good luck

M

mrandmrsromero

Hi guys. Anything new???

End of August already, the 15 day deadline for the last document request passed yesterday, and we are still waiting. Our first wedding anniversary is fast approaching on September 13. I keep hoping that the Visa Fairy will drop by before then so I can spend it with my husband. What are the odds?

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
NOP NOTHING YET, STILL WAITING TO SEE WHAT IS NEXT :-[

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Guys !! same like you I am still waiting , I am stressed , it is taking too much time.
but We dont have options just wait.
Good Luck!!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow I can’t believe it, the AOR arrived por fin! (Finally). Going to Mexico City on Friday for the antecedentes Penales from the PGR and hoping they will be kind enough to take and extra set of prints for the FBI. (Seems a FBI back ground is required as well, does anyone know how long the FBI is taking these days?)

Anyone else with any news?

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
Wow I can't believe it, the AOR arrived por fin! (Finally). Going to Mexico City on Friday for the antecedentes Penales from the PGR and hoping they will be kind enough to take and extra set of prints for the FBI. (Seems a FBI back ground is required as well, does anyone know how long the FBI is taking these days?)

Anyone else with any news?
Huron, that's good news about the AOR. Looks like maybe 8 weeks or so for FBI these days: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-post-your-fbi-request-times-t38827.330.html Good luck with the fingerprints - I'm sure it will be fine given that others have had success. I think my hubby and I have just had no luck in this process generally.

Which is to say: no news for us! And the medicals expire soon. Depressing but trying not to give up entirely just yet. Its just so unbelievable to me that others have been finalized so quickly through Mexico and here it is September already and we are still waiting. Fingers crossed that our luck will soon change for the better!

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
wow finally you get it HurOn COngrats!!!
Im superr desperate at this point , almost 3 weeks since I drop the police at the embassy and no News yet =(

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the congrats everyone. We are happy it finally arrived, we are not happy about having to get the FBI report and be waiting another 8 weeks but that’s the way it goes.

I have a few questions and hope that you can help me.

1. What kind of pictures did you take for the Antecedentes Penales. Rectangular or oval? I know they are supposed to be filiación but the photographer says they are booth filiación.

2. Did you pay the fees for the Antecedentes Penales with a SAT 5 form before you went to Mexico City?

3. Has anyone gone through the process of the legalization of a Mexican Document for use in Canada? We are thinking of getting our Marriage Certificate from Mexico legalized in case we will need it in Canada. (Does anyone know if we will need it?) I have seen different explications on the way to do it and would really like to hear from someone that has done it.

4. Does anyone know the average time it takes to get the PPR after dropping off the Antecedentes Penales and FBI report?

@ sillymemo have you gotten you FBI report back yet? If so how long did it take you?

Thanks