Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
itscoezy said:
Just sent off our very last documents today! YAY

Had to go back to Mexico City and Guadalajara to get the police checks for our oldest daughter who just turned 18 a few weeks before our interview... We are so relieved the paperwork is FINISHED! I actually can't even believe it, i hope they don't ask for anything else lol.

Now we wait for PPR :)

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!
Good luck Itscoezy! And Happy Holidays to you as well!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
itscoezy said:

Had to go back to Mexico City and Guadalajara to get the police checks for our oldest daughter who just turned 18 a few weeks before our interview... We are so relieved the paperwork is FINISHED! I actually can't even believe it, i hope they don't ask for anything else lol.

We also sent our last document last wednesday. I guess now we just have to wait too. I hope we don´t need and interview and that PPR comes soon too.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Hi everyone..
Just a quick update for me.. after our painful 13 weeks of waiting after our PGR was sent in..we got asked for the ARC and we just sent that in now..
Just wondering anyone else sent in an ARC recently?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Did anyone else note the CURP as their national identity document but not include a copy? It's not listed on the checklists... and we would like to avoid backtracking to get it translated/certified if possible. Sooooo close to sending the application in!!!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:
Did anyone else note the CURP as their national identity document but not include a copy? It's not listed on the checklists... and we would like to avoid backtracking to get it translated/certified if possible. Sooooo close to sending the application in!!!
We sent a copy of my passport as national identity since it doesnt have to be translated and it is an official document issued ny the mexican government.

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello:
Somebody knows how long the SSP in mexico df take to do the police certificate, days ?, hours ?.
I have to pay ?

Thank you

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Eduram said:
We sent a copy of my passport as national identity since it doesnt have to be translated and it is an official document issued ny the mexican government.
So did you list the passport number in both the passport section and the national identity document section which comes right after?

Valeco said:
Hello:
Somebody knows how long the SSP in mexico df take to do the police certificate, days ?, hours ?.
I have to pay ?

Thank you
Hi Valeco! I just checked with my hubby and he confirmed that he got his in about half an hour in Mexico City. BUT you need to make sure you have all of the documents and stuff ready... here are the instructions:
http://www.sre.gob.mx/index.php/tramites-y-servicios/nacionalidad-y-naturalizacion

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:

Congrats on the great progress!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Mexico doesn't really have a national identity document. The CURP, the IFE, and the Hacienda registration each serve certain purposes but none really is a national identity document per se any more than a driver's license is. Personally, I wouldn't include any of them.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valeco said:
Hello:
I have to pay ?

Thank you
My understanding is that folks usually find the line goes very quickly and that once you are being helped it's about 5-10 minutes. You usually get it same day unless they need to do extra research (e.g., homonyms with the same DOB with a criminal background). It is free.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eduram said:
Quick question.

When the embassy asked for the PGR and SSP they also asked for a Sponsor´s questionnaire. Our due date was Dec 9th but the sponsor´s questionnaire got lost and we were not able to deliver it on time.

I wrote a case specific enquiry asking for an extension and they gave us 30 days more, that would be Jan 9th. However my husband sent the paper via courier on saturday and it was received by Osvaldo at the Embassy today.

Would you recommend emailing them letting them know the document was delivered so we don´t get a delay? Or will they not mind and continue the process on Jan 9th?
They should continue it as soon as they process the incoming mail and get to it. They don't wait for the BF date (bring-forward date) to pass, don't worry.

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Americana In T.O. said:
Keep in mind our situation is a bit different. My husband was living in the U.S. during the whole process (he was undocumented in the U.S. as well)
Ur husband was in the U.S During the whole process?
In the application for the residence did u write that ur husband was in mexico or US?
Sorry for the straight question :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeshy said:
The interview is normally before the pgr? That is good news!! What if they asked for more proof of common law relationship (which we provided)?
Often, but not always. If they asked for more proof of common law relationship, then they have not yet completed the assessment of your relationship and thus would not yet have waived the interview.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
So my partner's refugee status was rejected in the past. I guess that's why we have an ID number? And we should use the same one?

When you say "the visa office" you are referring to the embassy in Mexico City, right?

We have CURP... is it not misleading to say "no" here? According to wikipedia it seems like this is considered a national ID doc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number#Mexico

The frustrating thing about this is the CURP has no expiry date and you can't validate IMM0008 without one. Grrrr!

We also have an electoral card but the address is my partner's old address.. he would have to update it so the address is his current address. And that could extend our time lines even more...

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you!
1. Yes, you would have a CIC number from his prior application with CIC. UCI (unique client identifier) numbers stay with you across applications.

2. Yes, the visa office in his case will be Mexico City

3. Check the entry for CURP for a different perspective. I guess this is just one of those cases where Wikipedia is misleading. I wouldn't worry about it, really. There's lots of different IDs (IFE which is considered the most reliable/trustworthy ID by banks and many other institutions, driver's licenses which are not trusted to verify identity, tax ID numbers issued by Hacienda, and the CURP) but none of them has become the national identity document.

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
Mexico City february 13, 2013
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013
I was accepted as a sponsor for my husband and our application was transferred to the Embassy in Mexico City. Will we receive confirmation that the file has arrived in Mexico? Will they send information to my husbands's email?