AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Interesting. Good to know what kind of information they have in the notes. Hopefully ordering the notes gives them a little push to work harder on your app. Thanks for posting.
I hope so, they are just waiting for the PCC, we have lost 2 month for nothing, hopefully by middle of June we get on track. I am worried tho, it seems that after they received the police clearances things go slow. We'll see...

did you request your notes?

Last edited:

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Undertaking length - is the 'contract' the sponsor makes with the government promising to support the applicant financially for 3 years - 36 months. Nothing to do with the progress of your application.

If anything confusing - ask, I ordered 3 sets of the notes and went over every detail there.
Thanks, I will ask, tho every time i read the notes i find them less complicated or so do i think...

But there is something i don't get

In the ELIGIBILITY section there are all this info

ELIGIBILITY ASSESMENT

Created Date: 2017/01/26
Created by: xxxx
Updated Date: 2017/01/26
Updated By:xxxx
UCI:xxxx
Family Name:xxxx
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional:
Status Updated By: xxx
Status Updated Date: 2017/01/25
Due Date: 2018/01/25 what does this mean?
Assigned To: xxxx
Assigned By: xxxx
Activity #:2-xxxx
Total Points:

ADMISSIBILITIES
SECURITY 1

all notes same as eligibility

CRIMINALITY: 1
almost same as Eligibility and security except

Mississauga is doing the criminal checks...

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I hope so, they are just waiting for the PCC, we have lost 2 month for nothing, hopefully by middle of June we get on track. I am worried tho, it seems that after they received the police clearances things go slow. We'll see...

did you request your notes?
I plan to order my notes at the end of the month. I thought that if I ordered them too early, I might not see anything substantial yet. But it's interesting to see your notes. I believe you are about a month ahead of our app, so it might give some indication of what to expect. The only thing I am kind of worried about is that they haven't asked for the PCC from the RCMP. I'm not sure if they will ask for it, but it seems that according to the rules, they should ask for it to complete the background check. So it worries me that they haven't really done anything with the background check despite it saying that it has been in progress for 3 months now.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Thanks, I will ask, tho every time i read the notes i find them less complicated or so do i think...

In the ELIGIBILITY section there are all this info

ELIGIBILITY ASSESMENT

Created Date: 2017/01/26
Created by: xxxx
Updated Date: 2017/01/26
Updated By:xxxx
UCI:xxxx
Family Name:xxxx
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional:
Status Updated By: xxx
Status Updated Date: 2017/01/25
Total Points:

ADMISSIBILITIES
SECURITY 1

all notes same as eligibility

CRIMINALITY: 1
almost same as Eligibility and security except

Mississauga is doing the criminal checks...
Is your background check in progress in the CIC website? And have you gotten the official AOR2(the 3 pages long email)

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I plan to order my notes at the end of the month. I thought that if I ordered them too early, I might not see anything substantial yet. But it's interesting to see your notes. I believe you are about a month ahead of our app, so it might give some indication of what to expect. The only thing I am kind of worried about is that they haven't asked for the PCC from the RCMP. I'm not sure if they will ask for it, but it seems that according to the rules, they should ask for it to complete the background check. So it worries me that they haven't really done anything with the background check despite it saying that it has been in progress for 3 months now.
Yes, I believe i am one month ahead your app. I ordered mine right after they requested the bunch of documents. They did not request any update forms like schedule A or other, we sent all that upfront. The notes are updated until June 5, few days before I received them. I also had doubts it was a early request but I feel better after seen them because I am a little more aware of what is happening with my app. Mexico office was removed as the primary office for the background checks(I believed is for the BGC) and they added Mississauga, if I am correct the backgrounds are the criminality and security or what else involves a background check? I don't see the actual background check status just criminality, security and eligibility. So that confuses me.

It's weird they haven't request for your RCMP, for me they were gonna request them one month after they started processing my app in MVO. but they wrongly request only the fingerprints, so thats when we lost one month, once they received the FP (a month after in total) they requested all PCC and other stuff. but this time we lost time thanks to the courier. So you can imagine my frustration, mentioning this chaos every time I got a chance! :confused:

The notes took more than 30 days because they said they have lots of requests and they weren't meeting the standard times of the process. Just a hint!

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Is your background check in progress in the CIC website? And have you gotten the official AOR2(the 3 pages long email)
I don't have access to a cic account. On eCAS said they sent AOR2 on April 24, also in the notes they mention they sent the AOR2 by "mail" on April 24, but we never received anything, unless lawyer received it and didn't forward it to us, but that would be unlikely. CIC only has the e-mail address of the lawyer so they should have sent everything to him. They also have the mailing address of the lawyer and my husband's home in Mexico. The word 'mail" makes me believed the actually sent the AOR2 by regular mail which is really weird as they have communicated with us through our lawyers email, I don't see the point of mixing things up! I don't know... I guess everything is possible now.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Another thing that I read in the notes is that they did a search online (google and Facebook) for My husband (PA) his dependents, and me (SPR) and just says NRT ( i guess is non resultant). Total days of visit: 198 They also stated that they could not count the days of my last visit because they weren't sure when I left Mexico. The reason is because I was in Mexico by the time the lawyer sent the application (January 9) and I returned to Canada March 21! so I don't know if they didn't update the info or my lawyer did not sent the info when he requested me the tickets. I won't be able to travel to Mexico, I was expecting to go there the last 2 weeks of May before my 28 week, but doctor highly recommend me not to go because of the zika, and that was the last time i could actually travel so no visits at least in the next 6 months. Lawyer asked me to get a letter from my doctor here in Canada confirming my pregnancy and the due date, so they can send it along with the rest of the documents. I don't know what else to add. Sharing keeps me distracted and I hope it helps other people, even if their cases are slightly similar. :)

Reactions: Mrs.Champs

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Yes, I believe i am one month ahead your app. I ordered mine right after they requested the bunch of documents. They did not request any update forms like schedule A or other, we sent all that upfront. The notes are updated until June 5, few days before I received them. I also had doubts it was a early request but I feel better after seen them because I am a little more aware of what is happening with my app. Mexico office was removed as the primary office for the background checks(I believed is for the BGC) and they added Mississauga, if I am correct the backgrounds are the criminality and security or what else involves a background check? I don't see the actual background check status just criminality, security and eligibility. So that confuses me.

It's weird they haven't request for your RCMP, for me they were gonna request them one month after they started processing my app in MVO. but they wrongly request only the fingerprints, so thats when we lost one month, once they received the FP (a month after in total) they requested all PCC and other stuff. but this time we lost time thanks to the courier. So you can imagine my frustration, mentioning this chaos every time I got a chance! :confused:

The notes took more than 30 days because they said they have lots of requests and they weren't meeting the standard times of the process. Just a hint!

Keep us posted.
I think when you have something concrete (the notes) to go by, there is a certain amount of relief to know that something has been done.

I am going to order the notes in about two weeks time. I am actually kind of busy with school, trying to finish a teaching practicum. So that was the other reason for waiting. I don't know why they have not asked me for the PCC. I makes me think they haven't really done much in Mississauga. I am reading these posts from people saying there is a backlog transferring files to VO's, so maybe background checks are also backlogged.

I guess it seems that it might take longer than 30 days to get the notes. I sure hope they can figure out how to get around the backlog situation. I feel bad for you and all the other pregnant ladies out there who are without your hubbies. I hope that you guys get to be with your hubbies before the babies come. As a single mom, I know how hard it is to do it all by yourself, especially with a baby.

seeak

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello there!
I'm new here and I've been reading the forum since february, because this year I'm gonna apply for the FSW process..
I haven't seen this topic until today, and I'm glad there a lot of mexicans here.

I have a few questions about the procedure so, maybe some of you already did it and can help me.

I'm about to send my diplomas to WES but
* I already have them (bachelor/master) certified by universities
* I just legalized at SEGOB...(the same day I got them both certified)
* Do I have to legalize them too at SRE?? or what's next?

Can you tell my how to send them at WES? I mean, I read somewhere in the forum, I have to send 2 sealed envelopes with certified copies and translations to WES: one with my adress and the other one on behalf of the school...Is this right?
And what if both of them were issued by different universities? so what do I have to do?

Gracias

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Hello there!
I'm new here and I've been reading the forum since february, because this year I'm gonna apply for the FSW process..
I haven't seen this topic until today, and I'm glad there a lot of mexicans here.

I have a few questions about the procedure so, maybe some of you already did it and can help me.

I'm about to send my diplomas to WES but
* I already have them (bachelor/master) certified by universities
* I just legalized at SEGOB...(the same day I got them both certified)
* Do I have to legalize them too at SRE?? or what's next?

Can you tell my how to send them at WES? I mean, I read somewhere in the forum, I have to send 2 sealed envelopes with certified copies and translations to WES: one with my adress and the other one on behalf of the school...Is this right?
And what if both of them were issued by different universities? so what do I have to do?

Gracias
I don't think you will get an answer here. This is for family class sponsorship. Even tho your application will be processed in Mexico VO, the timelines are completely different. Express entry is much more faster than family sponsorship.

I'm no expert in the subject but what you said about WES sounds about right to me. Sealed envelopes containing the transcript of each degree you want to evaluate and the certified translation. You also need your Diplomas.

You should ask this in the Express entry section to get more answers.

seeak

Star Member
May 7, 2017
I don't think you will get an answer here. This is for family class sponsorship. Even tho your application will be processed in Mexico VO, the timelines are completely different. Express entry is much more faster than family sponsorship.

I'm no expert in the subject but what you said about WES sounds about right to me. Sealed envelopes containing the transcript of each degree you want to evaluate and the certified translation. You also need your Diplomas.

You should ask this in the Express entry section to get more answers.
Thanks for answer my question, i'll keep on searching for responses

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017

ELIGIBILITY ASSESMENT

Total Points:
It looks like this is the bring forward date - date of when the case will need to be reviewed. In practice it seems that the case is reviewed before that - after receiving new documentation - either from applicant or from other sources like CSIS, etc. Of course it doesn't get reviewed immediately but probably joins some kind of queue, perhaps based on some priority system.
In short - that date mostly likely doesn't do anything.

Eligibility assessment is basically what drives the whole assesment of the case - if all components of eligibility (security, medical, crime, etc) are done - then the case can be decided upon and then it's DM.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
It looks like this is the bring forward date - date of when the case will need to be reviewed. In practice it seems that the case is reviewed before that - after receiving new documentation - either from applicant or from other sources like CSIS, etc. Of course it doesn't get reviewed immediately but probably joins some kind of queue, perhaps based on some priority system.
In short - that date mostly likely doesn't do anything.

Eligibility assessment is basically what drives the whole assesment of the case - if all components of eligibility (security, medical, crime, etc) are done - then the case can be decided upon and then it's DM.

Thank you for your reply. I won't worry about that date then.

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
Hello everyone.

I have a question, has any of you have the Canadian tourist visa while waiting for the PR?

I never traveled to Canada before and I’m thinking in applying for a Tourist visa and visit my husband, but in the other hand I am not sure of what measure should I take before applying I mean in case I get refused will my PR app will be affected? What would be your recommendation should I apply or just wait until I get the decision made for my PR?

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Hello everyone.

I have a question, has any of you have the Canadian tourist visa while waiting for the PR?

I never traveled to Canada before and I’m thinking in applying for a Tourist visa and visit my husband, but in the other hand I am not sure of what measure should I take before applying I mean in case I get refused will my PR app will be affected? What would be your recommendation should I apply or just wait until I get the decision made for my PR?
Your PR will not be affected by trying to get a visa. You can try to get it. It helps if you have a good job, property, children that will not travel with you to show that you will return. Also helps if you have visas to or history of traveling to developed countries and returning (Europe, US, etc. )
The worst that will happen - you'll get refused and lose the visa fee.

Reactions: Mrs.Champs