+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico VO/Family Sponsor processing times?

notdutra

Jan 19, 2024
i just sent an email to the mexican VO and also made a webform asking for update, lets see if that speeds up something

Reactions: JSOL1

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I am not sure how these affect the timelines but, I've been keeping a close eye on some data from both Mexico and some South America countries.

By November (when our application was moved to Mexico) their Visitor Visa time was 69 days and their Work Visa was 6 weeks.
Right now their processing times for Visitor Visa is 52 days and for Work Visa is 4 weeks.
So from my understanding, and again I don't know how these affect the actual PR cases, it seems like it they are improving times.
Brazil and Argentina on the other hand had an increase in their processing times.

It is also worth noting that, using data from previous people that had applications sent to Mexico VO, when they ask for Medical it is closer to the end. Usually they ask for medical and people get their PPRs in about two months after.
The majority of people that get asked medical alongside with biometrics is because the processing centre did so, but that doesn't mean their application will be faster or slower than ours.
Just wanted to update you guys about the data.

Mexico visitor visa got down to 32 days and the work visa is still at 4 weeks. (Again not sure how/if these affect our processes)

One person from July from Argentina just got PPR by end of January from Mexico VO.
Fingers crossed we will be next.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: brix_ and JSOL1

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hey guys how is it going with your processes? Any news so far? How was the GCMS notes and how long it took?

brix_

Nov 8, 2023
Hey guys how is it going with your processes? Any news so far? How was the GCMS notes and how long it took?
After 4 months of completely silence, not even a ghost uptade, we just got the Medical Request Letter (March, 13th).
This is my last uptade.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
After 4 months of completely silence, not even a ghost uptade, we just got the Medical Request Letter (March, 13th).
This is my last uptade.
That is really good! Finally your application is moving along. Hope we will hear something soon!!!
Out of curiosity, did the email with the medical letter had a signature from Mexico VO or from Sydney? Cause I got my medical too but my the signature in the email is
"Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 9500
Sydney NS B1P 0H5

Canada "

Reactions: brix_

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Hello I sponsored my husband from DR and it’s being processed in Mexico.

we applied march 10,2023
Last update was aug 24, 2023 medical passed.

website showing background check and eligibility in progress but it’s been like that since aug. no one at the office to help you.

it’s so frustrating and I’m trying to hold on this forum has given me hope and some patience so thank you but I’m losing it each day that passes….

brix_

Nov 8, 2023
That is really good! Finally your application is moving along. Hope we will hear something soon!!!
Out of curiosity, did the email with the medical letter had a signature from Mexico VO or from Sydney? Cause I got my medical too but my the signature in the email is
"Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 9500
Sydney NS B1P 0H5

Canada "
I got on IRCC Account (GCkey) so there is just a pdf with the "Medical Examination Instructions + Medical Report
Client Biodata and Summary".
No signatures or anything like it ‍:confused:

Reactions: Kananaskis

brix_

Nov 8, 2023

we applied march 10,2023

website showing background check and eligibility in progress but it’s been like that since aug. no one at the office to help you.

it’s so frustrating and I’m trying to hold on this forum has given me hope and some patience so thank you but I’m losing it each day that passes….
Have you tried contacting your MP?
Seems that your process hits the 12 months already.

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023

we applied march 10,2023

My husband is also from DR. Applied Sept 2023.

We received the medical request a few days ago, also with no office noted.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023

we applied march 10,2023

Definitely you can contact your MP and inquire. You can also ask for GCMS notes, and send a webform as your processing time has hit the 12 month mark.

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Thank you I have send the form but it says reply within 2 weeks !!!

sorry what do u mean MP and also what is GCMS notes ?