+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico police certificate

Shanghaiyc

Aug 27, 2022
Does anybody have experience getting the constancia de datos registrales from outside of Mexico? The PGR website says mexican men need the military record to process it and my Mexican boyfriend is worried. If any Mexican here has successfully gotten their Mexican police certificate from overseas, please share and I will be grateful!!!!

eivacastillo

Mar 19, 2022
I am wondering the same thing. We applied Inland so it is the Embassy of Canada in Mexico that has to request the constancia de datos registrales on our behalf, but I have heard it can take them months, and that it could be faster to have someone there to do it for us instead.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Does anybody have experience getting the constancia de datos registrales from outside of Mexico? The PGR website says mexican men need the military record to process it and my Mexican boyfriend is worried. If any Mexican here has successfully gotten their Mexican police certificate from overseas, please share and I will be grateful!!!!
Usually, you have to wait until IRCC asks you to get the police certificate, and this requires sending all documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City if the applicant does not live in Mexico anymore. If you don't follow their instructions, you might risk not getting the PCC accepted by the Officer and will have to do it again. However, I've heard of people who send the PCC with all the documents in the application and it will be accepted.

If you want to try getting it on your own, you'll have to go to the nearest Mexican consulate to get a letter from the vice-consul requesting the Constancia de Datos registrales. If your boyfriend never did his military service, he can get registered for this in the same appointment at the consulate, and the copy of this registration for military service needs to be attached with all the other documents that will be sent to the person in Mexico who will get the police certificate for your boyfriend. Here in the consulate in Vancouver, they knew the whole process and we only followed their instructions. Give a call to the Mexican Consulate and if they don't pick up the phone, your boyfriend will have to just show up there.

Reactions: mapple007

soosoo1194

Aug 8, 2022
Usually, you have to wait until IRCC asks you to get the police certificate, and this requires sending all documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City if the applicant does not live in Mexico anymore. If you don't follow their instructions, you might risk not getting the PCC accepted by the Officer and will have to do it again. However, I've heard of people who send the PCC with all the documents in the application and it will be accepted.

If you want to try getting it on your own, you'll have to go to the nearest Mexican consulate to get a letter from the vice-consul requesting the Constancia de Datos registrales. If your boyfriend never did his military service, he can get registered for this in the same appointment at the consulate, and the copy of this registration for military service needs to be attached with all the other documents that will be sent to the person in Mexico who will get the police certificate for your boyfriend. Here in the consulate in Vancouver, they knew the whole process and we only followed their instructions. Give a call to the Mexican Consulate and if they don't pick up the phone, your boyfriend will have to just show up there.

have you tried requesting it through the mexican consulate in vancouver when you applied?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
have you tried requesting it through the mexican consulate in vancouver when you applied?
The Mexican consulate cannot provide you a "Constancia de Datos registrales." Only the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) can give you this.

However, the consulate can help you to obtain one by providing an institutional letter requesting the Constancia de Datos registrales. Then you send this letter and the other requested documents to someone in Mexico who will apply for the letter on your behalf at the FGR.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
The Mexican consulate cannot provide you a "Constancia de Datos registrales." Only the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) can give you this.

However, the consulate can help you to obtain one by providing an institutional letter requesting the Constancia de Datos registrales. Then you send this letter and the other requested documents to someone in Mexico who will apply for the letter on your behalf at the FGR.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016

We're debating getting someone in Mexico to apply on behalf of my wife, or sending the mail to the Canada consulate in Mexico as per website instructions. It seems like for the latter we don't need a letter from CIC, as all we need is the file number, finger print, and photos

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We're debating getting someone in Mexico to apply on behalf of my wife, or sending the mail to the Canada consulate in Mexico as per website instructions. It seems like for the latter we don't need a letter from CIC, as all we need is the file number, finger print, and photos
When I asked several consultants, their opinion was to always follow the instructions to get the PCC from the website. However, I think you need to wait until IRCC tells you when you get the PCC as per their website:

"Once you submit your application, we’ll tell you when you need a police certificate."

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
I just got my Mexican Police Certificate (Constancia de Datos Registrales).

I opted to do it through a lawyer in Mexico City, since the Canadian Embassy was reported to take between 3 and 6 months. Plus, I emailed them several times and had absolutely no reply or guidance.

I'll leave the contact of my lawyer:
Daniel Nava
gjuridico.1109@gmail.com
+525575431791

It took him 2 weeks to get the appointment at the FGR and 10 work days to have the Police Report (Constancia de Datos Registrales).
Previously I had to go to the Mexican Embassy in Montreal to have the pack of documents validated (fingerprints, pictures, copy of ID, etc.)

Would strongly recommend to opt for the private option if you're able to cover some additional costs (on top of all the application ones).

Good luck everybody!!

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
I just got my Mexican Police Certificate (Constancia de Datos Registrales).

I opted to do it through a lawyer in Mexico City, since the Canadian Embassy was reported to take between 3 and 6 months. Plus, I emailed them several times and had absolutely no reply or guidance.

I'll leave the contact of my lawyer:
Daniel Nava
gjuridico.1109@gmail.com
+525575431791

It took him 2 weeks to get the appointment at the FGR and 10 work days to have the Police Report (Constancia de Datos Registrales).
Previously I had to go to the Mexican Embassy in Montreal to have the pack of documents validated (fingerprints, pictures, copy of ID, etc.)

Would strongly recommend to opt for the private option if you're able to cover some additional costs (on top of all the application ones).

Good luck everybody!!

What is your timeline?
If your lawyer was able to get it for you in cdmx, ircc still received it when you uploaded it on the portal yourself?

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
What is your timeline?
If your lawyer was able to get it for you in cdmx, ircc still received it when you uploaded it on the portal yourself?
Hello!

ITA April 26th, 2023
Sent application May 15th, 2023 with a page requesting The letter from IRCC to de FGR
Received letter from IRCC for the Mexican Police Certificate June 6th, 2023
Submit Mexican Police Certificate August 3th, 2023***

Appointment for fingerprints: same day
Appointment at Mexican Consulate in Montreal15/jun/2023
Pick-up Validated documents20/jun/2023
UPS to Mexico22/jun/2023 (3 work days delivery)
Appointment PFR Mex27/jun/2023
Mexican Police Certificate12/jul/2023
Translate to English (3 work days)

I scanned the translated document and submitted it through my profile. A new button for uploading "additional documents" appeared when I received the letter for the FGR .
An alternative would be to send it via a web form as an additional document.

***I decided to go through the lengthy process of having the Police Certificate Legalized in Mexico and Canada (took forever). And in the end you don't need it. But the Canadian embassy wouldn't say anything until I had done all the steps......
Not the best experience with communication via the Mexican Embassy. Although the lawyer said that they were very nice in person.

Last edited:

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
We applied Inland so it is the Embassy of Canada in Mexico that has to request the constancia de datos registrales on our behalf, but I have heard it can take them months, and that it could be faster to have someone there to do it for us instead.Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited:

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
The Mexican consulate in Vancouver are useless and refuse to help fellow Mexicans living abroad. I am willing to go to Montreal just to get the carta petitoria for the PCC. Did it take a long time for you to get an appointment with them?

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
Hello,
I've only heard similar experiences to yours about the Mexican consulate in Vancouver. My experience is that the Montreal ones are really helpful.
Write to Isabel at this email
docmon03@sre.gob.mx
Tell her that you need an appointment to get the letter and to please tell you where to get your fingerprints.
She offered me a same day appointment and I picked up my letter 3 working days after. But I read that if you're coming from far away they can help you make everything on the same day.

Good luck!

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hello,
I've only heard similar experiences to yours about the Mexican consulate in Vancouver. My experience is that the Montreal ones are really helpful.
Write to Isabel at this email
docmon03@sre.gob.mx
Tell her that you need an appointment to get the letter and to please tell you where to get your fingerprints.
She offered me a same day appointment and I picked up my letter 3 working days after. But I read that if you're coming from far away they can help you make everything on the same day.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot. How long did it take you to get your certificate on your own?