+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Met with accident [Citizenship application]

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
If I met with an accident and couldnt work after that. should I mention in citizenship application work/education history?

I am confused because I have medical evidence for hospital ICU admission, doctors visit, but its hard to prove as to when (what date) I got 100% fit to work.

Please suggest guys.

torontoguy1981

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
I am not sure if there is even a section in the application itself to put that down.. Now you may keep that with you for when you meet the officer after the test..

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
zoya_99 said:
If I met with an accident and couldnt work after that. should I mention in citizenship application work/education history?

I am confused because I have medical evidence for hospital ICU admission, doctors visit, but its hard to prove as to when (what date) I got 100% fit to work.

Please suggest guys.

Can you elaborate more on your question? how long you could't work? if you could not work for months/years you need to put date of admission and discharge. (Must attached proof of this) If you were in the hospital for only days then that would be irrelevant.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoya_99 said:

You're over-thinking things here and getting some weird suggestions from others. Employment is not required to qualify for citizenship, it is asked about (along with education) because these are good indications of residency in Canada. The application does not ask for proof of work, much less proof that you were unable to work. It asks for you to list whether you've worked or studied, and if you were unemployed, to briefly explain why.

"Unemployed due to medical condition" or "Unable to work during recovery from car accident" would be good enough in the appropriate box (the work/education section.

Good luck.

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
You may want to put that on a letter that you can include with the application. Describe that you could not work from so and so date to so and so date because you were hospitalized, so that gap in work history was because of the injuries.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a period of unemployment due to recovering from surgery. That's exactly what I put. I didn't enclose anything extra. Keep it simple and only put what they ask for.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks guys,

I was discharged from hospital after few weeeks but was at home recovering. So what evidence I can submit to mention exact date of recovery???

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to submit evidence. Why do you think that you do?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you do I submitted from date of operation to when I went back to school it was about three months

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
ScubaC said:
Yes you do I submitted from date of operation to when I went back to school it was about three months
In my case even after almost recovering (90%) i couldnt find job for many months.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
no issue , just write down, looking for job during the period of unemployment. As Eileen mentioned, full time employment is not a requirement to get citizenship.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoya_99 said:
But i need to submit dates if unemployed
You need to just do your best.

No one on here can decide for you the dates of your recovery, so I'm not sure exactly what information you're seeking from forum members. You are the best source for your unemployment/disability dates.

CIC will not deny you citizenship because they somehow discovered that you actually got "well" 2 weeks earlier than you estimated. They don't really care when you got well and besides, recovery is a fluid process. Your claim to citizenship does not rest on this detail. This is information that paints a general picture for CIC.

Be as accurate and concise as you can. Follow the directions. Do your best.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Unemployment wont be a reason to rejecting your application.If you have 1095 days physical presence and all documents are correct I don't think that matters.They can reject an application only according to the law.

They are asking for work/education history so that they can confirm your residency.

If you work/study in AB and your address history shows you lived in ON during that period then its a problem. Make sure both tally.