+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Message for BobTheAccountant (ACCA and Oxford brookes WES assessment)

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ACCA 4 YEARS EQUIVALENCY

Friend of mine just got 4 years equivalency for his ACCA from WES.
he even did not gone through OBU. :eek:

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi,

They evaluated my OBU BSc Hons as Four Years Bachelor Degree. Go for it if you are thinking about it..

muhanadbaaj@hotmail.com said:
Hi,

Did you get WES report regarding OXFORD BROOKES BSC Degree ? What they consider it ?

Thank you.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi CEC-lolo,

I don't think what you have heard is correct. I have become a CPA member through the ACCA-CGA MoU. However, the MoU has expired recently as such you can't take that route any more.

Please google ACCA-CGA MoU for further details.

Thanks!

CEC-lolo said:
Hi Sameer,

Hope your immigration process went smooth!

I just read your post and wanted to ask the question please. What process are you going through when doing CPA in BC using ACCA?

I am also an ACCA member and would like to do my CPA here, however, I've heard CPA does not recognize ACCA degree at all.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you very much in advance

FaizanAli46

Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

The thing is You can evaluate your credentials through WES. I did evaluate my credentials e.g. ACCA and OBU degree and got assessment for ACCA as three years Canadian Bachelors degree and OBU as 4 years Canadian Bachelors degree.

aartimoolya

Jul 23, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the process for getting the transcripts from Oxford Brookes University for WES. I was going through few posts but I am not sure how I can contact the university and request them to send my transcripts to WES. I believe they charge for the same as well.

From ACCA, if I get my WES Registration number, should I just email them this ref no and the WES Canadian address so that they can send my transcript to them? Is there any email id or anything by which I can contact ACCA?

Any help will be great. Thank you.

yeyeobt4CAD

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FaizanAli46 said:
Hi,

The thing is You can evaluate your credentials through WES. I did evaluate my credentials e.g. ACCA and OBU degree and got assessment for ACCA as three years Canadian Bachelors degree and OBU as 4 years Canadian Bachelors degree.
Hi Faizan, I need to understand you correctly, did you mean you got your ACCA membership assessed as 3-year degree? Also, how did you go about that? Your response is highly anticipated.

Aug 9, 2016
Dear All,

I want to apply for WES evaluation of my ACCA certifcate, BSc(Hons) degree and Master's Equivalency on document by document basis. Can someone kindly provide me guidelines regarding the process?

Regards,
Arsalan

Peter_305

Jun 5, 2016
Hi guys,

Im also highly interested in getting my ACCA evaluated from WES. Unfortunately WES itself doesn't share any steps on this in its website.

Which leaves me with this forum - Guys, if you got your ACCA evaluated by WES recently, please share your experience or how to process. (I only have ACCA and no OBU since I rushed in getting my membership and therefore missed out on OBU).

Your input is highly appreciated
GBU!

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peter_305 said:
Hi guys,

Im also highly interested in getting my ACCA evaluated from WES. Unfortunately WES itself doesn't share any steps on this in its website.

Which leaves me with this forum - Guys, if you got your ACCA evaluated by WES recently, please share your experience or how to process. (I only have ACCA and no OBU since I rushed in getting my membership and therefore missed out on OBU).

Your input is highly appreciated
GBU!
Hey.. So all you got to do is to sign up on WES and you ll go through a form that would require you to enter information about your ACCA credentials. Once signed up, you will get a reference number.

Now, call ACCA and ask them to send ACCA examination transcript, letter of good standing and ACCA membership equivalency letter to WES with your WES reference number mentioned on the face of envelope. ACCA guys are very efficient and they already are very well versed with this process. They would send it to WES without any charges. Once WES gets your documents, they will review it and hopefully you would get it equivalent to Canadian 4 years bachelors.

Just an FYI, i got this information from this forum and sent these documents with OBU transcripts to WES last month. I am still waiting to get my WES equivalency report.

Feel free to ask any further questions!

Peter_305

Jun 5, 2016
Hi,

Arslanellahi, Thanks a bunch for your reply, You`re a life savior. :)

Just following on your instructions, please help me on this;

(a) I have an ACCA membership and no OBU (actually, no degree at all, Just have Secondary education and ACCA :p ) - I hope i can still do a WES evaluation for this ACCA to get my equivalency to a 4yr degree?

(b) How did you fill out the "diploma/certificate" fill out box in the WES application - there is no ACCA?- did you manually type it out?

(c) Did you actually manage ACCA in asking them for those documents (esp equivalency letter) - the consultant told me that they don`t issue this and gave quite a long paragraph as why they don`t.

I kept reading the forums on such topics but there is a lot of inconsistencies so I had to ask someone who actually went through this. And I need to apply soon so its tonnes of pressure.

Please keep me updated on your progress of WES application.

Thanks a bunch!
GBU

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peter_305 said:
Hi,

Arslanellahi, Thanks a bunch for your reply, You`re a life savior. :)

Just following on your instructions, please help me on this;

(a) I have an ACCA membership and no OBU (actually, no degree at all, Just have Secondary education and ACCA :p ) - I hope i can still do a WES evaluation for this ACCA to get my equivalency to a 4yr degree?

That's what I have heard so far on this forum. People have managed to get it as equivalent to Bachelors degree.

(b) How did you fill out the "diploma/certificate" fill out box in the WES application - there is no ACCA?- did you manually type it out?

Country of Education: United Kingdom
Name of Credential: ACCA Membership Certificate
Name of Institution: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Institution Type: Not sure what did I type here :(

(c) Did you actually manage ACCA in asking them for those documents (esp equivalency letter) - the consultant told me that they don`t issue this and gave quite a long paragraph as why they don`t.

Yes, I just called them asked for those 3 things to be sent to them. The guy told me that they would send all the documents that they can and usually send to WES for these requests. So I assumed they must be doing this on regular basis and would know it better :)

I kept reading the forums on such topics but there is a lot of inconsistencies so I had to ask someone who actually went through this. And I need to apply soon so its tonnes of pressure.

Please keep me updated on your progress of WES application.

I checked it today, they received my ACCA documents a week back but my OBU transcripts are still on way. So fingers crossed :D

Thanks a bunch!
GBU

yousuf.suirya

Dec 15, 2014
Hi all

I got my evaluation in December 14

I am ACCA and also done Master from Karachi university

They gave me ACCA as "3 year Bachelors" my Master in conjunction with my bachelor degree from Pakistan as "4 year Bachelor"

I am bit confused and also inquired from WES that should i be considered as "Two bachelors in which one is more than 3 years program" but they simply refused and claimed that report cannot be changed as i was given as "4 year Bachelor as highest credential"

One of consultant claimed that he can help me in getting Master credentials in same qualifications. How come any leads or ideas.

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

My question is that if i send my ACCA membership and Oxford brooks BSC to wes do i get them evaluated separately? and will that be considered as Two degrees? or just one bachelors for the express entry profile?

I hope i made my point clear, please help if someone has experienced it?

Regards
Bilal

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business Certificate from ACCA. How did you fill out the "diploma/certificate" for ACCA fill out box in the WES application - there is no ACCA?- did you manually type it out?

Country of Education:
Name of Credential:
Name of Institution:
Institution Type: