+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentioning Spouse's Other Name in PR application

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
My wife converted her religion and changed her Surname according to new religion to marry me. She signed an affidavit for this on the day before our marriage. Her passport surname not changed and still carries old one since the passport was issued earlier.
To comply with her passport, other docs like medical, PCC etc all carry her previous surname.
I filled up the PR application with her previous name in all places and mentioned her new name in the Other Name section.
Is it ok? Or should I mention her new name in all places and the passport name in Other Name section?
Pls note that Her First name has not changed only surname replaced for religious issue in the affidavit.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Her surname is validated only with the documents she has. So if all documents say A B then its A B, it cannot be A C on the application. If you consider A C to be her new name then you need to get all the documents updated.

So if you can get all supporting documents updated with new surname then go ahead with her new name on the application. If not stick to the old name and specify the new name in other name section.

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
Her surname is validated only with the documents she has. So if all documents say A B then its A B, it cannot be A C on the application. If you consider A C to be her new name then you need to get all the documents updated.

So if you can get all supporting documents updated with new surname then go ahead with her new name on the application. If not stick to the old name and specify the new name in other name section.
Thanks for your advice !
If mention her new name in Other Name section, Which should be the correct Type of name to select? There is no option for Religion conversion. Can I select "Nickname/alias"?