+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentioning relative on PR in EE application confusion?

manuce

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hi,

I will keep it short and simple.

I got ITA recently and will be applying Next month from Within Canada.( I am on LMIA work permit at the moment)

My Brother did short landing with PR today, however, I never claimed points for relative having PR. As I was already getting enough points to get and ITA including his name would have let me submit more documents proof of relationship and what not so I avoided the hassle. Please, he just landed in Canada it will take 90 days to get PR card so technically he is not on PR until he gets his card so that would have delayed my application to extra 3 months. So due to all these reasons, I avoided added him as I was getting enough points anyway.

Now what's the problem?

When I am filling the form in the EE profile

It asking me in a section if I have got any relatives on PR

What should I write?

If I write yes, it is calculating the point on the calculator which means now I have to do a proof of relationship etc etc which i wanted to avoid. He doesn't even have PR card in hand so technically he is not on PR yet.

If I say No then it might be counted as a misrepresentation of facts which clearly is not my intention.

should I make this clear in a letter of explanation and say Yes I got a relative who has PR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I will keep it short and simple.

I got ITA recently and will be applying Next month from Within Canada.( I am on LMIA work permit at the moment)

My Brother did short landing with PR today, however, I never claimed points for relative having PR. As I was already getting enough points to get and ITA including his name would have let me submit more documents proof of relationship and what not so I avoided the hassle. Please, he just landed in Canada it will take 90 days to get PR card so technically he is not on PR until he gets his card so that would have delayed my application to extra 3 months. So due to all these reasons, I avoided added him as I was getting enough points anyway.

Now what's the problem?

When I am filling the form in the EE profile

It asking me in a section if I have got any relatives on PR

What should I write?

If I write yes, it is calculating the point on the calculator which means now I have to do a proof of relationship etc etc which i wanted to avoid. He doesn't even have PR card in hand so technically he is not on PR yet.

If I say No then it might be counted as a misrepresentation of facts which clearly is not my intention.

should I make this clear in a letter of explanation and say Yes I got a relative who has PR?
1 - First of all your understanding is incorrect. He IS a PR as he has finished the landing process, not having the PR card is irrelevant.
2 - Answer "no" to the question. In order to claim those points your sibling must not only be a PR but also has to be living in Canada (assuming that's what you meant when you said "short landing"), you can write a LOE explaining this.