+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mention girlfrind in my visitor record extension?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hello I am extending my work visa to visitor record and I want to visit friends and my girlfriend.
I was filling in the form IMM5708 and it's asking to list the name, relationship of the person I will be visiting.
I want to list her name but not sure if I should mention she is my gf or just a friend because we are not living together we are not being common-law right now but maybe in the near future we might(or get married), that's the plan after all.
I don't want them thinking I will overstay.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
What evidence are you providing that you will leave at the end of your visit?
hi,
I will mention that I have family back home in my home country such as parents, siblings etc.
I am from another 1st world country in Europe which im not sure if it will matter

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
hi,
I will mention that I have family back home in my home country such as parents, siblings etc.
I am from another 1st world country in Europe which im not sure if it will matter
I think you need more evidence. Check the guide for details on what counts as evidence that you will leave at the end of your stay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I am extending my work visa to visitor record and I want to visit friends and my girlfriend.
I was filling in the form IMM5708 and it's asking to list the name, relationship of the person I will be visiting.
I want to list her name but not sure if I should mention she is my gf or just a friend because we are not living together we are not being common-law right now but maybe in the near future we might(or get married), that's the plan after all.
I don't want them thinking I will overstay.
Don’t lie and say that your gf is a friend because it may cause issues later on for sponsorship.

Reactions: Fabiog

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Don’t lie and say that your gf is a friend because it may cause issues later on for sponsorship.
I was thinking the same, and I am just going to go for it.
processing time is 122 days which gives me enough time to do what I want to.
but do you think a gf is a strong canada tie then lets say my family back home? because not all couples become fiances etc so I think it can be approved.