+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University status decision made

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
Hi all,

I have applied to Memorial University, on 28th oct 2013 as their previous deadline was 1 Nov 2013. Later they extended deadline for the graduate admission to 6 Dec 2013. They also told me that they will reply with the decision in 1-3 months after the deadline. So, yesterday when I checked the portal my application status was changed to decision made. But didn't got any email regarding whether my application is accepted or rejected. Please anyone here got any mail or anyone know how can I get the actual status about my status? As they have mentioned "All decisions regarding admission are communicated by letter. Information has been mailed to you separately and will arrive soon if you do not have it already. Admissions decisions will not be provided by phone." on their website. Please help me I am quite excited to know the result. And anyone have applied to MUN please join me.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
saurabhnsonar said:
Hi all,

I have applied to Memorial University, on 28th oct 2013 as their previous deadline was 1 Nov 2013. Later they extended deadline for the graduate admission to 6 Dec 2013. They also told me that they will reply with the decision in 1-3 months after the deadline. So, yesterday when I checked the portal my application status was changed to decision made. But didn't got any email regarding whether my application is accepted or rejected. Please anyone here got any mail or anyone know how can I get the actual status about my status? As they have mentioned "All decisions regarding admission are communicated by letter. Information has been mailed to you separately and will arrive soon if you do not have it already. Admissions decisions will not be provided by phone." on their website. Please help me I am quite excited to know the result. And anyone have applied to MUN please join me.
Though I am not a MUN candidate but you can simple call or email the graduate admission clerk, tell him/her your application credentials and simply ask your query.
I am sure they are kind enough to entertain students queries :)

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you yet not received any mail, then mail the Graduate Secretary of your Concern Department asking for the Decision. They will reply you within 1/2 business day(s).

sanghamitra

Mar 7, 2014
my memorial status shows decision made(applied for MASTER OF ENGINEERING ELECTRICAL)..but my table of required documents is blank with IELTS score ..they left blank!!
what does this mean? they didnot receive my score card? or they didnot assess my file becuase they were no seats?...I saw this status today march 8th...please help me out

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanghamitra said:
my memorial status shows decision made(applied for MASTER OF ENGINEERING ELECTRICAL)..but my table of required documents is blank with IELTS score ..they left blank!!
what does this mean? they didnot receive my score card? or they didnot assess my file becuase they were no seats?...I saw this status today march 8th...please help me out
Decision made means that they either accepted or rejected you, MUN requires that your IELTS results arrive directly from the center at which you took the test. If you send it yourself, it won't be considered official and thus it won't appear on the table.

However since the decision is made, if you're accepted, they will send you a conditional admission letter upon receiving you official IELTS score, if that's not the case, they will just send you a rejection letter.

Good luck.

sanghamitra

Mar 7, 2014
i have applied through british council...so OFFICIAL SCORING...but in the documents table...its not updated...its blank..but decision is made.what do u think?..seats are over? they did not view my score?

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
sanghamitra said:
Hi, from where are you and what is your profile can you please just share it with me?

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
Brother

i also applied in MUN for the same entry point for Mengg Mechanical and yesterday my status changed to decision made , i simply call the school of graduate studies about decision however they said they dont usually convey decision on phone but they told me my application was not successfull, so i recommend u to call them as calls to canada are cheaper from pakistan so on monday just call them they will tell you about decision.
Ashley
Andrew kim
Kelly Sharon

these are the persons who always respond

Gudluck

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanghamitra said:
i have applied through british council...so OFFICIAL SCORING...but in the documents table...its not updated...its blank..but decision is made.what do u think?..seats are over? they did not view my score?
Since your IELTS didn't appear on the table, they obviously didn't receive it. It takes like 7 days for them to process the documents and mark them as received on the table.

When did you ask British Council to send your score ? How do you know they did, did they give you a receipt ? British Council usually send scores via DHL or UPS and they're supposed to give you a tracking number so you can track the package online. Do you have the tracking number ?

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
ayazk88 said:
Brother

i also applied in MUN for the same entry point for Mengg Mechanical and yesterday my status changed to decision made , i simply call the school of graduate studies about decision however they said they dont usually convey decision on phone but they told me my application was not successfull, so i recommend u to call them as calls to canada are cheaper from pakistan so on monday just call them they will tell you about decision.
Ashley
Andrew kim
Kelly Sharon

these are the persons who always respond

Gudluck
Hi, can you please share your profile with me through private message?

sanghamitra

Mar 7, 2014
Neez said:
Since your IELTS didn't appear on the table, they obviously didn't receive it. It takes like 7 days for them to process the documents and mark them as received on the table.

When did you ask British Council to send your score ? How do you know they did, did they give you a receipt ? British Council usually send scores via DHL or UPS and they're supposed to give you a tracking number so you can track the package online. Do you have the tracking number ?
yes I have called british council..they have given me receipt num and tracking num...i checked it through DHL...my score card got delivered on MARCH 5th to the university!!! my table didn get updated but decision made.BUT SURPRISINGLY..my friend's score card was delivered on MARCH 6th and the table got UPDATED on march 7th!!!decision still not made..what do you say? sometimes they neglect updating table?

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanghamitra said:
yes I have called british council..they have given me receipt num and tracking num...i checked it through DHL...my score card got delivered on MARCH 5th to the university!!! my table didn get updated but decision made.BUT SURPRISINGLY..my friend's score card was delivered on MARCH 6th and the table got UPDATED on march 7th!!!decision still not made..what do you say? sometimes they neglect updating table?
No worries then, I thought you send it a long time ago, since it was just received on March 5th, it takes them usually from 2 days to 7 days to process received documents and update the table, your friend was just lucky.

And don't worry, if your application is judged successful by them, they're not gonna reject you because of IELTS score, they will just accept you and contact you asking you to provide IELTS, or since they already received it on March 5th, they will just update it later and send you a acceptance letter.

Good luck.