+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meeting Requirements of PR

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I am now a permanent resident of Canada and started working with the company I had Arranged Employment with last week. I am not happy with the work environment at all and think I will quit soon. It is just not what I was expecting and I feel there is little possibility of making it work. I'm wondering is there any minimum time I should work with them before quitting as I'm worried the Canadian government may revoke my PR status if I don't work with them or get suspicious that I never planned to work with them for a long period? Is these any possibility I could be investigated for this in the future if I only worked with them for 2 weeks? I don't like this job at all but if it would get me in trouble, I would do it for whatever the period required.

Thanks for any advice,

D

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Hello derbeast,

I couldn't find any evidence that address your concern in the CIC or the immigration guide, but as far I know as long as you have a PR, you should be ok, however consult an immigration attorney instead. I would also recommend enrollment into any education program just in case you face difficulties with your sponsor.

Cheers!

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Also you can check this link in this forum, I hope you will find some useful info.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/arranged-employment-opinion-2010-t47273.0.html

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are a PR you can change/quit your job and look out for something else... Provided you dont move to another province at this time as this could make CIC suspicious.

Cheers!!!!