+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals Completed: December 8, 2008

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hello everybody, I completed my medicals last Dec. 8, 2008 here in Davao City, Philippines. How long should I wait for the visa?
What should I expect next?

Im applying for work permit though Im a provincial nominee of BC. I submitted both work permit and permanent residency as instructed by my employer.

Thank you very much and hoping for your responses!!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
X-ray, blood tests including HIV test, Urine sample and physical examination. It costs me around Php 4,300.00

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
breech said:
X-ray, blood tests including HIV test, Urine sample and physical examination. It costs me around Php 4,300.00
WOW PHILIPPINES... its really that expensive huh...

I think i dont wana go back in manila, amj ust waiting for my visa here in Dubai... and I only paid almost 5000 php for visa application and for medical i dont think I wont pay that much if they will ask me to do that. One of my co worker applied last october 2008 for tw visa and last week he just got his visa without any interviews or medical... may be because his a chef and for medical, I think canadian embassy saw that we are working in a hospitality and here every 6 months we need to undergo medical... so my be that is the reason...

Only in the Philippines where they usually rip off filipino applicants... sad but its true. Been there done that...

As far as i know you just need to wait for canadian embassy to contact you... and it depends on what type of visa your applying for but if you are aplying for temporary working visa its 6 months waiting and as u said, u already had your medical so it wont take long and you will be in canada soon. Just pray that the process will be fast...

GOOD LUCK! all the best!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
solowista_07 said:
breech said:
WOW PHILIPPINES... its really that expensive huh...

I think i dont wana go back in manila, amj ust waiting for my visa here in Dubai... and I only paid almost 5000 php for visa application and for medical i dont think I wont pay that much if they will ask me to do that. One of my co worker applied last october 2008 for tw visa and last week he just got his visa without any interviews or medical... may be because his a chef and for medical, I think canadian embassy saw that we are working in a hospitality and here every 6 months we need to undergo medical... so my be that is the reason...

Only in the Philippines where they usually rip off filipino applicants... sad but its true. Been there done that...

As far as i know you just need to wait for canadian embassy to contact you... and it depends on what type of visa your applying for but if you are aplying for temporary working visa its 6 months waiting and as u said, u already had your medical so it wont take long and you will be in canada soon. Just pray that the process will be fast...

GOOD LUCK! all the best!

Thank you for the info you've shared. Do you have any idea or an estimate when can I have my visa? I completed my medicals last Dec 8, 2008. I applied TWP here in Canadian embassy, Manila. Im a Registered Nurse.

Thank you very much!

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hey breech,

i too had my medicals done in dec 8, only here in manila..i am still in limbo. rate is 4000 and adtl 300 if you have any tattoos . good luck!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
hey kelmolab,

please update me of your status. please let me know when you already receive your visa.

Thanks!

aynjhel03

Sep 20, 2008
hi breech did u got ur visa already? co'z i just completed my medical last jan 2 and it was forwarded to the embassy last jan 14. i just wanna ask if do you have any idea how many weeks do i need to wait for the issuance of my visa after the medical? tnx

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Im still waiting for the visa. Thats why I posted this thread because I want also to know how long should I wait from the completion of medicals to issuance of visa.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
breech said:
Anybody who had completed their medicals last dec 2008 and already got their visa?
Did my medical examination and just got another letter requesting for my passport yesterday. If that so, do you think that Im still required to attend any interview? what's the probability that I will be denied?
Thanks!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
mitchieline said:
breech said:
Anybody who had completed their medicals last dec 2008 and already got their visa?
Did my medical examination and just got another letter requesting for my passport yesterday. If that so, do you think that Im still required to attend any interview? what's the probability that I will be denied?
Thanks!
When did you had your medicals? Regarding the interivew, I knew of a friend who is a nurse who was not required to appear in the embassy and it's the decision of the embassy whether you will be denied or approved based on your documents submitted. Each case is assessed individually.

shiroh

Dec 11, 2008
My caregiver did her medicals on the 4th of December. Was not called for an interview and got her Visa today. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck you all.

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
shiroh said:
My caregiver did her medicals on the 4th of December. Was not called for an interview and got her Visa today. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck you all.
Hi Shiroh,

Which canadian embassy your caregiver is applying?

Thanks.