05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Greetings all!

So I recently got my AIP and request for medicals, which notes "IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application."

Thing is, everywhere in this city is booked into May, and I got my letter the 2nd of April, just before the Easter holiday.
I started looking at surrounding towns/cities, with the closest one is a 2 hour drive away, but their booked even later into May.. the places after that just get's further and further away and since none of them is open on weekends, that is going to be a problem.

I have called CIC and asked them what I can do, cause this is not looking to good, and they said I could Email CIC and note that I need a 30 day extension on it.

My question is, have anyone have experienced with this?
Will I recieve an email back from CIC giving me the go ahead, or do I just assume it is good to go and hope they got it okay? ???
Also I got this link from them, what email address do I actually send it too? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Are you inland or outland?

If you are inland, it may be the most expensive visit you take for medicals but you could always fly somewhere. You are going to have to weigh the cost of the medical vs the cost of having to apply over again. The reason I ask is your VO says Vergeville, I believe they were the ones processing inland.

If you are outland, I think you may have a email for your VISA office which you would be better off emailing, instead of emailing through their website. It should have came in the Sponsorship approval letter I believe, or perhaps AOR2.

Also, are they booked for the "CIC" medical or are they just booked. Perhaps making it clear you are booking for a CIC medical and it is urgent they may be able to work later, overtime, or make some other arrangements. The CIC medical isn't free from what I have seen, so if you weren't absolutely clear and you are normally covered under insurance of some kind they might just not care, unless it is absolutely clear you are paying for the medical (I am jaded, but... Some people are just lazy unless they know they are getting cash).

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Sheps said:
Are you inland or outland?

If you are inland, it may be the most expensive visit you take for medicals but you could always fly somewhere. You are going to have to weigh the cost of the medical vs the cost of having to apply over again.

If you are outland, I think you may have a email for your VISA office which you would be better off emailing, instead of emailing through their website. It should have came in the Sponsorship approval letter I believe, or perhaps AOR2.

Also, are they booked for the "CIC" medical or are they just booked. Perhaps making it clear you are booking for a CIC medical and it is urgent they may be able to work later, overtime, or make some other arrangements. The CIC medical isn't free from what I have seen, so if you weren't absolutely clear and you are normally covered under insurance of some kind they might just not care, unless it is absolutely clear you are paying for the medical (I am jaded, but... Some people are just lazy unless they know they are getting cash).
Inland... and I would really like to avoid flying to another city for it, but if I have to, I will for sure consider it.

And not sure what they are booked, but I made it clear it is for immigration and that I got a request to do it and only have 30 days... the response that I got was "Sorry we are booked full".

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Just a small update and question.

I emailed CIC at this email CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca and asked for an extension, hopefully I will hear back soon.

My question, have anyone else run into this issue in the Edmonton area?
I have called all the places in Edmonton, Red Deer, Lloydminster and even some places as far as Calgary, all of them booked for April.

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
I know winnipeg where i am my wife was able to do a walkin

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Since you are inland, it is going to be up to you. Weigh the pros and cons of flying to another city versus waiting another 2 years

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Sheps said:
Since you are inland, it is going to be up to you. Weigh the pros and cons of flying to another city versus waiting another 2 years
I will see what happens over the next few days as I make more calls. Thank you for the suggestion.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
tynoxes said:
Just a small update and question.

I emailed CIC at this email CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca and asked for an extension, hopefully I will hear back soon.

My question, have anyone else run into this issue in the Edmonton area?
I have called all the places in Edmonton, Red Deer, Lloydminster and even some places as far as Calgary, all of them booked for April.

I'm from Edmonton, I have seen it somewhere saying it's all fully booked in the surrounding cities, maybe you could try to see if they do walk ins because last time I went to the clinic to do mine, I have seen few people were possibly walk ins. But it doesn't hurt to phone in and see. I would probably try other cities such as Vancouver or Lethbridge where is drivable if you don't want to fly far away.

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
tryee said:
I'm from Edmonton, I have seen it somewhere saying it's all fully booked in the surrounding cities, maybe you could try to see if they do walk ins because last time I went to the clinic to do mine, I have seen few people were possibly walk ins. But it doesn't hurt to phone in and see. I would probably try other cities such as Vancouver or Lethbridge where is drivable if you don't want to fly far away.
Thank you for your reply,

Most of the places I have called seem to state that you have to make an appointment with them, I will keep looking though.
According to the Panel Physicians list on the CIC website, there is not one in Lethbridge.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
tynoxes said:
Thank you for your reply,

Most of the places I have called seem to state that you have to make an appointment with them, I will keep looking though.
According to the Panel Physicians list on the CIC website, there is not one in Lethbridge.

I went to heritage for my medical exam, and I was late. She took me right away when I get in there and I saw few people were still waiting, so I'm not sure if their appointments were later than mine or they just walk ins. Guess you could try.

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
tryee said:
I went to heritage for my medical exam, and I was late. She took me right away when I get in there and I saw few people were still waiting, so I'm not sure if their appointments were later than mine or they just walk ins. Guess you could try.
Did you make a booking, or just walk in?

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
tryee said:
I had an appointment.
Okay, thank you!
I will keep calling around, see if I can get an appointment, and if not, try several of the places in person.

Unless of course I hear back from CIC, but I have no idea if that will happen.
If not any of that, I will need to fly somewhere... which in my opinion is pretty silly, but if it needs to be done, so be it.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
tynoxes said:
Okay, thank you!
I will keep calling around, see if I can get an appointment, and if not, try several of the places in person.

Unless of course I hear back from CIC, but I have no idea if that will happen.
If not any of that, I will need to fly somewhere... which in my opinion is pretty silly, but if it needs to be done, so be it.
Yap. Do what you need to do. Make sure you make your decisions quick. Save some time to let CIC receive your medical results.

Good luck.

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Just to update here,

The earliest booking I got is the 8th of May, which is beyond my 30 days that the form states I have to do my medical (2nd of May).

Like noted before, I did email CIC and stated I cannot get a date in April, so hopefully that will suffice.

I would still appreciate if anyone can reply that have had to do their medicals past the 30 days due to issues, and what you did.